January 28, 2015 | 1839 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason, 188 does better job on being foundation brush than 187, if you only wanna buy one, I would suggest 188, I use LM silk Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Eh, the only reason why I have this brush in my collection is because an SA at MAC applied foundation on me with it along time ago and I needed a foundation brush. I have the MAC 187 brush and I prefer that one. This brush takes a lot of effort to blend a whole full face of foundation without getting carpal tunnel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I wanted to love this brush. .. but I had trouble finding a use for it. I ended up using it for blushes, but I still had to use another brush to blend out the little dots it leaves on application. then, after only a year, the brush fell apart on me unexpectedly. None of my other MAc brushes have yet, so pretty surprised at this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was recommended this brush by an SA at MAC after I bought the pro longwear foundation. He applied my foundation with this brush and it looked amazing so of course I bought it. Love the brush its small enough to get every corner of your face and it blends in foundation like a dream........but I've been reading some reviews and a lot of people are saying the brush doesn't shed at all but mine sheds and that's why I gave it a 4. Its quite pricey too $50 CAN.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

I got this as a present, I was a little skeptical in the beginning, especially when I found out how much it cost, OMG! The packaging is quite bad, doesn't look like a high end packaging for me... It is a much slimmer brush compare to MAC 187 and Real Techniques Stippling brush, so I started by using it as a setting brush or to apply hightligher. I really like how it feels on the face, so soft compare to The Real Techniques Stipping Brush which I found quite uncomfortable on the skin... It is so slim and it can get every corne of the face, around the nose, under eyes to sett concealer. I totally fall in love with it! It has not shed at all so far, the quality is really good, it is made in Japan, so I guess it is pricy for a reason. I am sure it will last me for a real long time before I need to buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

I love this brush! I bought it originally to apply under eye concealer (at gossmakeupartist's suggestion). Doesn't work for that. Everything creases on me.
But now that I use blush, it applies it wonderfully! I have great control so I don't put too much product on and put it exactly where I want to. My pet peeve is to not overdo blusher and it's perfect for that! It's still soft after a few years. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, but at the time I bought it I wasn't aware.
Highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I bought it because the SA talked me into it and it was my birthday so I had the splurge. I did love it a lot in the beginning, it felt like the smoothest softest thing that had ever touched my face. However, I don't know if I'm washing it wrong, since it doesn't pick up as much color as before, that said about month since using it! It also takes ages to apply any blush/cream product as you have to stipple it on and the duo fibres are far too long for the skunks hair to be able to blend the color. It does shade pretty occasionally and the bristles are not quite the same lenght on mine - I was really really disappointed about that with the 40+euros tag when I came home and opened the package..
I have to say, nothing works better than this with powder/mineral foundations, it's also great if you're heavy-handed armed with super-pigmented blushes. The real glory of the brush is in the skunks bristles, as they hold the correct space between the synthetic fibres, no matter how much you swirl it on your face - giving the impression of airbrushed finish. But I am sure real techniques will work just as fine and if you're experienced MUA or just know products you're working with, you can live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I mean, its a nice brush and it gives a great result but I feel like it takes me twice as long to put on foundation using this. Even when I use this on other people I notice it takes me forever to blend out foundation because the brush is so tiny! It is still a great brush, but its super expensive and I have many dupes in my kit that were half the price (im talking 8-10$)

Take my advice, buy one of the many available less expensive version of this brush. They are all the SAME.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sashaannys

Adore this brush, blends in my liquid foundation perfectly !!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strangerrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this brush for about 7 months and I tried itwith liuid foundation, bb cream and powder blush many times. It is only useful for powder products. But don't buy it as there are more useful brushes around.