October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed that I wasted money on this foundation. Prior to this, the only BB foundation I ever used was Extra Repair foundation and I loved it. I also love her skincare products, so I wanted to add another BB foundation to my rotation. I chose this one because of its supposed luminous finish and it's moisturizing properties...but it appears I chose poorly! The color match is great, sand is a perfect match for my nc15-20ish skin, I also liked the consistency...very fluid but not watery or greasy and it spreads easily That was where my likes ended. Coverage was light to medium, but it accentuated every fine line and pore on my face, even with my best primers. I know luminous foundations are sometimes famous for accentuating these imperfections, but the SA assured me this wasn't one of those foundations. Wrong. I have dehydrated/combination skin, and it clung to the one little dry patch I have and made it look huge, it made me look older, and for some reason it made my face itch like crazy...also, I didn't notice much moisturizing happening either. My biggest complaint: my face is a mess with breakouts right now. The first time I wore it, I had pimples on my nose and chin by the next morning, and it just kept getting worse. Now that I've stopped using it, my face has begun to clear a bit, but I am so frustrated. I am not acne prone at all. I have NEVER had a breakout like the one this foundation gave me...never. Thumbs way down on this one, sadly. I will definitely not repurchase, and I strongly caution those who are acne prone to avoid this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by nad1a246

I decided to splash out on this foundation as I struggle to find one pale enough for my skin. I was matched to the shade porcelain which was an ok match I guess, maybe a tad too dark for my ghost like complexion. Lets start by saying that on the website is states "medium to full coverage" ... This is not full coverage at all, I would say its light coverage but medium can be achieved with about 3 layers of the stuff ( however, at £30 a pop, u don't want to be using that amount each time!) the fist few times I used this it looked ok but after a while it started to look oily :O, not dewy. Plus I don't have time to be applying layer upon layer of foundation, I need something more full coverage to cover my marks etc so this was not for me at all... I'm still looking for that perfect foundation *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by stcloud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair sensitive skin with freckles and am prone to redness. Most foundations that I've tried do not sit correctly on my skin and show up rough patches and pores, making me look older. My skin is normal with drier patches on my cheeks. I was looking for a foundation that would give me a dewy, smooth finish and was very pleased with this. It looked very natural and left me with a light and youthful glow. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nancyrd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely the best foundation I have found for my mature, dry and sensitive skin. I was using the extra light tinted moisturizer but needed something that was a more flattering to my aging skin. Good thing I went to the store rather than ordering online because of the color match. Online suggest sand is the match for the extra light tint but it was too dark. Warm Ivory is perfect for my fair complexion. The finish is just beautiful and natural looking. Makes my skin feel hydrated and feels so soft to the touch. Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just okay. It wasn't a bad foundation, but it didn't wow me either. I have a lot of foundations that I think are really great though, so perhaps I'm just a tough sell. I always think it's really helpful when people give shade match comparisons, so here's mine: I have a fair-medium complexion, I wear NC20/NC25 in MAC, 020 in DiorSkin Nude, 120 Soft Sand in MUFE HD Foundation. In the BB Luminous Moisturizing Foundation I purchased the 3.25 Cool Beige shade (sight unseen, kinda scary but the shade actually matched me perfectly - got lucky this time!). The foundation goes on really nicely and blends very easily - application is a snap. I feel like it looks better when it first goes on though. The finish was pretty nice, nothing spectacular, just as good as any other high-end foundation, but after a few hours it started looking sort of dry on my skin. It certainly didn't make my skin appear LUMINOUS in any way. I actually think the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation has a lot nicer finish and looks WAY more luminous than this foundation. Weird! Another thing I didn't like about this foundation is that it's VERY sheer. I had some red marks along my jaw line from breaking out after using retinol cream, so I put a couple layers of the foundation over that area and it doesn't seem to be buildable at all. If you've ever tried the MUFE Face & Body Foundation it's sort of like that... you can build up layer after layer, but it'll only do so much. I suppose this is a good foundation if you're not looking for much coverage and don't have any marks or discoloration to hide. I also think this is probably best for oily skin types since it seemed to look dry on mine after a few hours. I will probably end up swapping or selling the bottle I purchased and just continue to use my DiorSkin Nude foundation (which is amazing, btw). I would definitely sample this foundation before committing to purchasing the full-size bottle. Oh, also one more complaint: the bottle didn't have a pump and that really bothers me. It just makes it so much more of a hassle to pour out the right amount of foundation instead of using a pump. I'm really not used to not having a pump, not to mention the fact that you never know what the consistency of a foundation is going to be like and that drastically affects how much comes out when you're pouring, so I wasted a lot of product just trying to pour out the right amount. We're paying a lot of money for this product, just give us the freakin pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by DollymixMe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely awful foundation! After 9 years as a MUA the only brand I have never tried is Bobbi brown.. Until yesterday! The make up assistant sat me down and applied this foundation and matched skin to 'warm beige' After me telling him I like a full coverage foundation as I suffer from rosacea he gave me this! It actually didn't look too bad at the counter and he sold me it as it was so moisturising for my skin.
5 minutes later I got to my car and was shocked as I looked in the mirror I was glowing!! I took the foundation out of the packaging to discover the colour was around a mac nc30... Considering I'm an nc15/20 that is far too dark for me!!
Undeterred I thought I shall give the foundation a go in the morning to see how it settles on my skin. So after applying it again, myself... I've come to the conclusion that this is possibly the worst foundation I have EVER used, it does not cover my rosacea it makes my skin look really oily and the overall look is just awful.. The colour mis match might have played a part in this but it was still oily on my skin not dewy! Don't waste your money unless your skin is perfect!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just like the other reviewer I'm also not over the moon with this, I have dry to very dry skin and I am eczema sensitive. I prefer a moisturizing foundation and I need all the luminosity in the world to make my dull skin appear a little dewy. I use this in shade 3.5 warm beige that matches my yellow undertoned skin perfectly (MAC f&b C3). The bottle without a pump is crap, but the MAC foundation pump fits perfectly on this bottle if you cut a little off the tube. But then again BB should provide this bottle with a pump just like they do with all the other foundations they sell. This foundation gives a light to medium coverage depending on how much you use, and the finish does look nice on dry skin. The weird thing is that it looked great in the beginning dewy and natural but after a few weeks it started to look more dull and cakey on me? I also have a feeling that it triggered my eczema maybe because of the lavender it contains but I don't know for sure. I can recommend this for dry or aged skin only, but I would advise to try out a sample for a couple days to see how it reacts with your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not over the moon about this, but for most dry skinned people, I think it's an ok foundation. I like the coverage and finish, but it doesn't feel too good on my skin. For some reason, my eyes go all watery when I wear this. It stings just a little on my skin too, something I haven't experienced with foundation before. Not even my heavily scented Clarins foundation stings like this, and I can't figure out what is triggering it.

Coverage is nice medium-sheer, and Sand is a good choice for my NW20 skin. It looks very yellow in the bottle, but looks fine on the skin. It's a little too emollient for my taste, I know a dewy foundation for dry skin will be moist-feeling, but this is almost greasy. More mature skin might appreciate this.

Packaging would be tremendously improved if the bottle had a pump.

All in all, no repurchase on my part, due to the stinging/eye irritation, but I think it would suit a lot of dry-skinned women out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Madwilso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love Bobbie Brown's color range for foundations, but more importantly for me, the yellow undertones. I'm on the olive-yellow-warm side, but find a lot of foundations are way too red/orange in my shade range. I have been consistently matched to the 3.5 Warm Beige in BB (and a NW25 in MAC, but it's a little orangey).
I have normal-oily skin, so it might seem unusual for me to purchase a moisturizing foundation. I prefer a dewy finish, but I don't want to go all crazy with the shine though! So what I do is mix some of the luminous foundation with either Revlon Color stay for Oily/Combination or MAC Studio Sculpt. I apply with either a buffing brush or fingers and then apply BB Loose powder in 01 Pale Yellow or MAC Mineralize skin finish in Medium Plus on my T-Zone and under eye area. The end result is natural looking coverage that is radiant. I think it will be really nice in MN winters as well.

Pros: Wide color range, can be used with many skin types
Cons: Expensive! A pump would be handy

I like it, but I don't think it's my favorite foundation and I probably will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the dead of winter when my skin felt dry and dull. This foundation is easy to apply and gives my skin a soft, warm, and healthy look. However, after a few hours I got a little bit too shiny and needed to reapply setting powder. I would not wear this while working out because I think it would sweat off and look awful. However, I will repurchase this again because it did exactly what I wanted it to do: Made my dry, dull skin look soft and warm and healthy.