July 23, 2014 | 2030 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My relatives and I used this product and we loved it, seriously. Foamy and soft on skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I really love this rice based scrub! It's so unique! I use it 3 times a week and I see amazing results! I don't like to use it only with water so I mix my special cleansing gel with the daily microfoliant and its a nice thick texture and it cleans my skin really well when I use this trick! This scrub is going to be in my skincare regime forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by barbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As someone with sensitive skin I've just learned to hate physical exfoliators. They irritate and generally do horrible things for eczema. I got a sample/travel size of this in a gift bag with a bunch of dermatologica products and knew of the brand from Lisa Eldridge and her raving of many of it's products so I thought I'd give it a try.

Although nothing else was anything special something about this corn starch looking powder is magic! I've been going through the travel size for the last 4 months and it's still half way through and I ended up hoarding a second sample size but it's still untouched. I absolutely hate the price but I can't complain about how long it lasts since I still havent had to buy it lol.

I use this 2-3x a week depending on how sensitive I am that week and pour a quarter size at most into my hand then add a bit of water and rub it in my hand before I lightly rub it over my skin about a minute or two. I then leave it on while I brush my teeth to give the active ingredients some time to work on my skin. I wash it off and my skin is soft, supple, and glowing...and the best part: I look in the mirror and immediately see no irritation, no burning, or redness - after exfoliating! In fact my skin looks soothed! Whatever it is about this it's what made me change my mind about exfoliatiors and why I will buy it when it runs out.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'm sure if you have normal skin there's a chance many can find 'no effect' based on how great it is with more fragile skin but it's still worth a shot and I recommend it to anyone who still is looking for an exfoliator worth using!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It has been a part of my daily skincare routine for the past year and I completley trust by the brand Dermalogica. To start off, the packaging is very hygenic and easy. I would however suggest to make sure water doesnt get inside the bottle or else the powdery product will just glue itself together into a huge lump and never come out! I use this after I wash my face with the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel TWICE a week. I can't stress enough that this product although states 'daily' does not mean use it everyday! I made this mistake and I completley regret it. I would only reccomend using it daily if you have wicked, severe acne. After washing with this product, my skin feels so fresh and clean and smooth! The whiteheads on my forehead feel physically smooth and invisible! The smell is great, nothing chemically. If you'd like to test out the product, Dermalogica has GREAT travel size packs that are specialised for all skin types so you don't fork out lots of $$$ when you buy the full size (which lasts FOREVER since a little of this goes such a long way!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We used this in my Esthetics school as a gentle exfoliator. Its a good exfoliator because the particles are really small. For best results, mix a small amount with a little bit of water, and work it over your skin for about 2-3 minutes. You only need to exfoliate twice a WEEK. Over exfoliating, can cause you to break out, and add dryness. This is over priced in my opinion, but it's so much better for your skin than a certain Apricot Scrub that a lot of people use. Stay away from that!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this, but overtime my skin has become more sensitive with dry patches and is unable to take a daily exfoliation with this particular cleanser.

My skin is almost immediately irritated when I rinse it off. Heightened areas of inflammation and sensitivity to any face cream that I put on afterwards; the creams sting my face.

I can use it perhaps once a week, but I need to exfoliate my skin every day and am still on the lookout for a milder, more gentle exfoliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seem to be finding products I've had for ages and never reviewed! This is my HG exfoliant. I admit I have deviated into other brands but I always come back to this one. It leaves my skin baby soft and smooth, and prevents it from clogging up and breaking out. It's pricier than most other scrubs, but it lasts ages! I really love the whole dry powder-add water-turns to mud mix. I know it sounds inelegant, but it's the best way to describe it and it's not harsh on my skin at all. I use it at night in the shower after cleansing with SKII and this combination seems to work wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by smiddenkidden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

like others, i also got this in a sample subscription service box. i'd been looking at it for a while and was pleased to finally get to try it.
first impressions left me unimpressed. it felt like corn flour and if you got a drop too much water mixed in it you were left with nothing exfoliating, just a loose creamy liquid. BUT if you get it right you end up with a scrubby paste that's not harsh at all, no stinging or scratching like with some products. you may even think it's not enough, but it works better than you think it might.
i scrubbed it around my face for the recommended minute then rinsed, patted dry with a flannel cloth, swiped on some witch hazel as a toner then put on some Snowberry Nourishing Rich Day Cream.
I normally have extremely dry skin with tons of flaking and very thick, rough texture, but this really made my face soft and did it gently without harsh acids, etc. I ended up liking it quite a bit, though i still think it's quite spendy for what it is- a very plain jane, no nice scent, simple scrub. but, it worked... and that's worth giving up a few things.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best exfoliator ever. Okay thats a big call. But dermalogica do the best exfoliators ever. Ive tried them all and find that the daily exfoliator is great for me to use everyday in the morning before i moisturize and put my makeup on. I have dry flaky skin, well i use to, this product removes the flakes (gently with no irritation or redness) and it allows my moisturizer to really sink in and absorb onto my fresh smooth skin so it becomes more hydrated. Making my make up look flawless. Before using this everyday i would have dry patches everywhere and makeup would get all caked and look horrible but now its smooth and prepped and flawless skin! I would also recommend using either the cream exfoliant or thermofoliant once a week before a face mask to really treat your skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't know what happened to this product! I used to use this every day and love it - although admittedly I followed up with a very intensive moisturiser (Super Restorative by Clarins). Anyway, the moment I used this I could visibly see my face becoming brighter and clearer - there was a definite difference after cleansing. Well I don't know if they have changed the formula in any way (or perhaps my own skin has changed i.e. become less oily) but now my face feels totally stripped after using it! Not only that but extremely irritated and taunt. I also broke out in an irritated rash. I have started to pay more attention to Paula Begoun's product reviews and she marks this product as poor. I have poured through the reviews on MUA and found many people have experienced the near enough exact same thing as me so to be on the safe side I will discontinue use. I have found far better and more gentle exfoliating products out there anyway, I don't need to use one that is going to risk irritating and drying out my face! I have found a much better product now - Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No