October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this deodorant because it's natural and it keeps me smelling like nothing (it has no scent so it's better than being stinky). It takes a little time to dry after putting it on but it keeps the odor away and it feels nice when I roll it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

Like many other reviewers have noted, I started using this after reading a few studies about the link between aluminum antiperspirant deodorants and cancer (especially breast cancer), Alzheimer's disease, etc. Ever since my first try, I've been using only Crystal for years. It's incredibly inexpensive (around six bucks most places) and usually lasts me around a year. I also like that I've never built up a "tolerance" to this like I did to other deodorants in the past.

As for application: it is completely odorless, dries quickly, and doesn't leave any residue or white marks on your clothes since it's a clear salt. Also, know that it is NOT an antiperspirant and will not stop you from sweating. So if you sweat a lot, you may need to look for something else. However it is very good at stopping BO. As others have mentioned, the label says exclusively to apply to only clean skin, and that is truly a "must." If you pits are already dirty, sweaty, or smelly; it's not going to help you and will also cause the stick to smell. You have to wet the stick before applying it or else it won't do anything for you. Again, as others have mentioned, I usually liberally wet the stone and apply with a heavy hand (and it stills lasts forever!) and apply under my arms and about an inch or two out just to be safe and keep smells at bay.

I'd definitely recommend trying it for anyone who is even slightly interested. Like I said, it's very cheap, lasts a long time, and is very highly rated. Just be careful not to drop it or it will likely crack since it's a stone. Also, it has come up recently that this deodorant is not entirely aluminum free (see article included below) however I still think it is a FAR better option than your typical antiperspirant deodorant.

REFERENCED: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/02/16/aluminum-lurks-in-crystal-deodorants.aspx

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for two years, since I gave up using conventional anti-perspirant because of the link to breast cancer caused by Aluminum Zirconium and parabens.

Though live in the UK, I buy this from iHerb.com with my regular order of supplements.

I'm extremely happy with this product. It's so easy to use by just wetting the top and rubbing the crystal on the underarm area. It dries quickly, is odourless and leaves no residue or white marks. This is not an anti-perspirant so will not prevent sweating but it will kill the bacteria that causes sweat to smell.

I wouldn't use anything else now and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product that works well, if used correctly. It is a deodorant, NOT an antiperspirant. It will not reduce the amount that you sweat, but prevent the bacteria in your underarm area from producing the body odor smell.

I originally bought this after reading about potential links of Aluminum Zirconium to breast cancer. Aluminum zirconium, which is the typical active ingredient in most antiperspirants, prevents you from sweating by plugging up the sweat pores and acting as a barrier to prevent your sweat from seeing the light of day. That said, if you use antiperspirants 24/7, like I know some people do, you are constantly keeping the pores in your underarms blocked and thus all of your underarm sweat with all of its impurities and toxins that are supposed to be released outside of the body are staying within you.

Products like this one contain Ammonium Alum, which still has Aluminum in it, but the way in which it is bound to the rest of the compound gives it a completely different function. I haven't been able to find literature online explaining how Ammonium Alum prevents the bacteria from producing B.O., but I am assuming that it is simply the acidic state of the compound in which the bacteria cannot function correctly to produce the smell.

The packaging states that you should apply the product to clean underarms only. This is crucial. If you already smell, this won't do anything to help that. I usually apply this at night after showering, and again in the morning just after waking up before I've had a chance to sweat. If you already smell, you can quickly clean your underarms with a paper towel and a bit of soap, and then apply the product.

Another issue I'm sure some people with negative results are having is that they aren't applying it to enough of their armpit. This product works much better if you apply it to the armpit AND around the armpit about two inches out on all sides. This way, any bacteria around the vicinity of the armpit won't be able to produce B.O. either. The crystal leaves no residue on the skin or on clothing.

One stick costs around $6, and lasts for over a year. The cap screws on so it is great for travel. I always find this line at Walgreens, but have never seen it at either Walmart or Target. I haven't looked at Rite Aid or CVS, but I'm assuming that if Walgreens has it, they probably would too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by midnightjazz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Safe and effective deodorant, small size great for travel. I've used this for years now without any of the irritation or rashes I got from conventional deodorants.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heard many good reviews on it, so ordered it from amazon. I want to say that it didn't disappoint. No smell! I used as directed, and although I did sweat heavily, I didn't stink! Most of all, no stains and that means a lot for someone who feels uber depressed about unwashable yellow stains on her best shirts. I trashed my Degree deodorant/antiperspirants because I think I've found my HG. I also like that it'll last an entire year and that's a big plus for all of us frugal girls out there. I will definitely recommend this to others.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, this is natural and worth a try. My mother has always been concerned about the ingredients in under-arm products and convinced me to try it. It did absolutely nothing at all for me. I know it is not an anti-perspirant, but it did not fight odor on me either. I mean really, not at all. I may as well have used nothing. I would never, ever, ever leave for a day of work relying on this alone.

However, my mother claims that it works really well for her and she has been using it for a while. I guess I believe her, since she smells fine, lol! I think I just sweat waaay too much to rely on something like this. I also sweat when I'm the least bit nervous and this just can't keep up. Everyone has different needs and body chemistry, so like I say, it really is worth a try, but keep in mind that if you need serious protection it may not work for you.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by kendraemiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is a deodorant ONLY. For me this is not a bad thing at all. I don't sweat a whole lot. With the traditional deodorant/antiperspirant, I developed cysts in my under arms. Anyone who has had those know they hurt. Traditional antiperspirants work in that they literally clog up your pores and sweat glands. This is what caused the cysts.

I like that once the deodorant has dried, I feel no residue. It doesn't get on clothes. If it is a paticularly active day, I may have to apply it twice but that is something I have no trouble with. It works really well as a deodorant.

I don't smell, I sweat a little (this is okay with me though, people are supposed to sweat), no cysts, no residue, good price for how long it lasts, no harmful chemicals. I highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jennsilentcrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A freind of mine swears by this and she claims to have bad BO without it. (I doubt it) Perhaps this is the kind of thing that works great for certain people.

So, my experience is its fine if you arent really sweating that much (IE: WINTER). But my search for 'natural' deodorant must continue....this does not do the trick f you need to pack a punch.

I like the packaging, and i think the price was fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by staci01

This stuff DOES work but there's a trick to it : you have to apply it like you're thickly painting your underarm or it does not work. Your underarms also have to be pristinely clean, void of any regular deodorant residue or other deodorant film. The way I remedy this is by using a scrubbie soap holder (it's like a pouch made from rough cotton with a drawstring) and putting a squirt of bath gel and baking soda and scrub/polish the deodorant film off of my skin. After my shower I apply this crystal deodorant, I wet my underarms with the Crystal lavender white tea deodorant spray and then swirl the stick all around until it starts to dry and it sticks to my under arms which lets me know I'm done. This takes like two minutes per side but it's worth it as I am totally odor free for two days.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No