April 21, 2014 | 1203 users online

Deodorants - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by staci01

This stuff DOES work but there's a trick to it : you have to apply it like you're thickly painting your underarm or it does not work. Your underarms also have to be pristinely clean, void of any regular deodorant residue or other deodorant film. The way I remedy this is by using a scrubbie soap holder (it's like a pouch made from rough cotton with a drawstring) and putting a squirt of bath gel and baking soda and scrub/polish the deodorant film off of my skin. After my shower I apply this crystal deodorant, I wet my underarms with the Crystal lavender white tea deodorant spray and then swirl the stick all around until it starts to dry and it sticks to my under arms which lets me know I'm done. This takes like two minutes per side but it's worth it as I am totally odor free for two days.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This does nothing. It doesn't help with sweat, odor, or pretty anything that it advertises. I know some people swear by it, but it hasn't worked for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

I'm surprised at how well this works, and I sweat more than average. Even with traditional anti-antiperspirant/deodorants, I would sweat a lot and smell funky later in the day. This product stops bacteria from growing so you don't develop B.O. It's amazing! It's cold now, so hopefully this will also work for me during the summer months. (I'm going to be very careful not to drop it, as people have said that it cracks and splinters easily.)

Pros:
No B.O. (for me it has worked up to 24 hours)
No sticky/gummy residue
No white streaks on clothes
No aluminum
Underarm area appears lighter in color
Easier to shave underarm area now

Cons:
You still sweat
May not work as well during summer (not sure yet)
Be careful not to drop and shatter it

If it keeps working for me, I will definitely buy it again.

12/20/2012 Edit: My husband says my armpits are AMAZING! They are so much better. I hope this stuff never stops working for me. I'd recommend it to other people, and I'm evening getting it for my mom to try out too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stick is good for people with sensitivities to regular antipersperant/deodorants, but not perfect. I still get itchiness but not to the degree I get wtih other sticks. It does not keep me totally dry but for some reason the sweat has less odor than when I have used regular products - even though this has no scent or masking odor. The plastic cap has broken on every stick I have used and if you drop this on the floor because you are a clumsy oaf like me, you can probably kiss it goodbye because the crystal cracks. Still, it is inexpensive and I am pleased as punch that it comes in a handy travel size, too. If you take care of it, it will probably last at least a year, as advertised. It does not stain clothing or cause white streaks. I like that you apply it to wet pits because by the time you are ready to get dressed, it is dry and you are all set - but it is not convenient to reapply on the go. All in all, I have used this stuff for years and will continue to do so unless technology comes up with something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty good product that works great on my feet :). I would not be able to use this as a regular deodorant in the warmer months.

Pros: Safe
Works for feet.
Inexpensive
Cons: Does not protect against odor on long warm days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I've had my stick for well over four years and it's still going strong. I've barely made a dent in it. This is probably because I never put it under running water. As soon as I step out of the shower, I coat my underarm area with this - anywhere from 40 to 60 strokes per arm. I've never found it to be irritating - in fact, since I've used this stuff - I haven't had the dreaded winter itch. You don't get that gunky, heavy coated feeling under your arms from this stuff like you would regular deodorant. It feels and smells like you have nothing on - minus the B.O. of course. My favorite things about this stuff is that it doesn't clash with my perfume because it smells like nothing and it has NEVER left white deodorant patches on my clothes from changing. I'm one of those girls who changes clothes about 3 times before settling on an outfit in the morning. No more tossing clothes in the washer to get deodorant off! Another big plus is it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients that you don't need or want in your body (you know - the ones that may or may not cause cancer depending on who you talk to). I swear by this stuff year around. I actually purchased another stick to give to my sis to try. Highly, highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I bought this on a whim after I realized I had forgotten my deodorant on vacation, and I am so glad I did! It is invisible, keeps me from getting smelly, and lasts forever. And it's cheap! Win!!!
It doesn't stop perspiration, but it stops the perspiration from being smelly which is what you want. The reason your body perspires is to cool itself off!
My only complain is that the packaging braks easily if you drop it. You can still use it fine even if the packaging is broken, though.
I never buy any other kind of deodorant now!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this recently, and it has not done anything for me. Maybe this is a different brand, I will have to check later once i get home but im sure it is. If not, I will take this down..

Im also not sure about the whole wet it first concept. I wet it first but all that went on my arm pits was water..I didnt drench it in water, but I let a small amount from my faucett run over it, and its not very good it you sweat a lot and you need refreshers during the day, because you have to wet it first. I smelt horrible the first time I wore this because I had nothing but water on my arm pits. I could actually smell myself stinking! I was so embarassed.. However I will keep trying it, and will update with anything else I see.. Perhaps im not doing it right? Please message me if im not!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mrscollins824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i bought this product based on the good reviews i saw and it was the next best thing to arm and hammer essentials. when i first bought this i thought it was amazing but after a few days of wearing this deodorant i ended up smelling terrible...instead of making me feel fresh it jus made the problem worse. all in all i will not be buying this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm amazed. It works. Howard Stern started raving about it, so my brother, who has never found a deodorant/antiperspirant that kept him dry, tried it and found that it kept him dry and stink-free. I picked one up last week. It keeps me as dry as a/d, and while I'd been having to reapply a/d by early evening because of odor, using Crystal I don't develop an odor, even in the summer heat. While I don't always feel dry, I didn't with a/d either.

Follow-up: while the Crystal stick doesn't keep me odor-free 100% of the time (like when I go for a walk when it's really hot outside), neither did the traditional deodorants/antiperspirants, including the "clinical strength" stuff that didn't really keep me dry anyway. In fact, the efficacy was quite similar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No