October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Lipstick in 508A Black Orchid

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer that compared this to Clinique Black Honey, I cant think of a better description! This is a very dark and opaque lipstick, but a little too opaque. it's very hard to apply. I do not recommend just putting this right on your lips. It looks better (and more neat) if you smear some on your index finger and then apply it onto your lips. It's so pigmented. I'm impressed. I got this on sale for like 40 cents, which is unbeatable.
Edit: after wearing this all day, my lips were so dry. Because of that and how much of a pain it is to apply, I might stop using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SparrowLight1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love deep, gothic lip colors and am always on the lookout for a new shade (easier than mixing them myself). I couldn't resist trying a 99 cent lipstick, and the color itself is a gorgeous deep blackened wine red. However, I wear it very infrequently because it is very soft, almost greasy, and feathers awfully. I don't usually have feathering issues; I am only 20 years old, don't smoke, and don't have overly textured lips. This lipstick just can't stay put, even with lip liner underneath. I would recommend it more for testing a new lip shade rather than as an everyday cosmetic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's just say I tossed my greasy, blotchy sample size of Clinique Black Honey when I realized this little 99-cent lippie is far superior. One of my few "repurchase again & again" staples. Don't be scared by how it looks in the tube. Blotted or tapped on with a finger-- or over lipbalm-- what you have is actually a universally flattering burgundy-berry stain. My favorite way of applying it is to put a little on my lower lip, smear lips together, and then go over it with a clean finger to distribute evenly. I can't think of a person who wouldn't look great in Black Orchid sheered out, but only dark & lovely ladies could wear it full-strength. I LOVE this stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by naturalhoney82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i saw this in the store, I was a little apprehensive. It looks very, very dark it almost borders on being just a straight dark brown, but when applied it is a very lovely deep wine color. I had no trouble applying it as the texture was very smooth and creamy. Love this lipstick and the fact that it is only 99 cents makes me love it even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first lipsticks I ever bought when I started getting into makeup about a year ago, and I've recently rediscovered how much I loved it dabbed on with my fingertip as a stain. It's a very nice berry red color, not too plum or too pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I love Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks! This is my latest purchase... I absolutely love this color. Lately I've been into darker lip colors (probably since I moved to NYC), and this is just perfect. The formula is thin, but very pigmented, which I find is the case for other Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks I've tried. I like this formulation because it doesn't feel like my lips are caked up. Also, it doesn't seem as drying since it is thinner. For only $1, you can't really go wrong with these lipsticks. If you're looking to try a new color, go for this line before blowing your money elsewhere. These are great lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticklilly58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous Wine color !!! Stays on for quite awhile. I like it. The texture is great

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by eufourick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, and I prefer glosses most of the time. And I NEVER buy anything this dark or close to plum; however, I couldn't pass it up when there was a sale at one of my local drugstores. By the time I got home, I wasn't thrilled anymore and kept wondering why didn't I choose another color over this one. But I tried it out and surprisingly, it looks really good with my complexion. And I only had to reapply once over the course of five hours and that's a major plus considering what I paid for it. I love the texture; it's light and not sticky after application. I'll have to keep purchasing this shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrible. The color was not flattering to me, I thought it would be sheer but it was not. That was my mistake so I won't rate it poorly for that....I will however rate it poorly for the crappy formula...it was way to slick / slippery and bled out of my lip line so much. Ick. I had great luck with Dark Pink Frost in terms of formula / wear but this one was drastically different in a very bad way and is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No glamour here-- the Wet & Wild packaging is pretty cheap-- but this is a lovely lippie nonetheless. Although I'm pale and have red hair (which would seem to contraindicate a dark plum lipstick), Black Orchid is chameleon-like in its charms.

I can't apply it full strength, as it is a very deep wine bordering on black, but it has interesting berry undertones that come out when you apply it more lightly. I especially like it over nude lippies that are a bit too pale; it "reddens" them nicely. Whoever compared this to Clinique Black Lily is right. It is the same sort of intriguing shade that makes you want to experiment with different liners, glosses, etc. for a myriad of fun looks! Can't beat the price, either!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No