Olay Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth 10, Fragrance 5/30/09

on 3/16/2012 7:10:00 PM

I like so many Olay products, including their sensitive skin cleanser, so I was surprised by how much I hate this one. The smell is SO STRONG that when I used it I was holding my breaths as long as possible, to avoid smelling it. And it didn't cleanse -- left lots of makeup on my face, and I don't really wear a ton of makeup to start with. I used it for several days, thinking maybe I wasn't using enough of it, or wasn't scrubbing my face with it long enough for it to take the makeup off, but nothing I did changed the effectiveness. Will not buy again and am throwing out the almost-full bottle.

I have combination skin that dries out really easily without moisturizer, but gets oily in no time flat with moisturizer (in other words, I can't win). This cleanser is the best one I've tried for my face. It cleans my face without overdrying, and even removes ALL of my makeup (including mascara). It's even gentle enough for me to use morning and night. Definitely HG.

on 1/19/2012 10:43:00 AM

The only good thing about it is that it doesn't dry your skin out, but that's because it DOESN'T CLEAN your skin!!! I liked this until I used my toner and had to use 4 cotton balls to get all my makeup off! I tried it again and again with more soap and sudsing it up more and making sure I rinsed well, but same thing every time. I love all olay products normally, but this doesn't do it's main purpose, to clean!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Bought this cleanser to go along with the olay pro X cleansing tool and I love it! I wash my face twice at night (double cleanse) once to remove make up and then again with the tool and they work so well 2gether. In the morning I use this with the tool again, and It cleans well without over drying my face, don't get wrong it does feel tight after wards but not dry and uncomfortable. I got this for $4.99 so to me, its a great price! Will buy again.

on 10/20/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

purchased this after i experienced a series of horrible breakouts. i needed a change in skin care routine & i opted for this! after 2 solid weeks of use twice a day, my skin had cleared. it's gentle, cleansing, didn't leave my skin too dry. i paired it with Pond's moisturizer afterwards. it works! even on irritated skin. worth the purchase. i got it at wal-mart- it was less expensive there than target or cvs.

on 9/24/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this product a lot because it cleanses well yet does not irritate my highly sensitive skin. I have the medical condition tennis star Venus Williams has, Sjogren's Syndrome. It means my moisture glands do not function. I make it seem more glam than it is;) My skin is not only tight after cleansing, its irritated. Its also highly reactive because it lacks any natural moisture barrier at this point. Even though I wash off cleanser quickly, its been harder to find one my skin will tolerate when compared to moisturizer or sun screen, though such products remain on my face all day. Truly it seems for me that once I find a gentle but effective cleanser, my skin calms down a lot.

I was very loathe to try any new cleansers due to bad experiences in the past with rashes, breakouts and tightness from others. But one I used for a while was no longer available to me and had always been quite expensive. I did not think all the reviews here meant much even though they are great and I normally rely on reviews, the reason being few truly have such reactive skin due to no longer having a natural moisture barrier. However, this is a pleasant surprise for me. I expected to be a red, itchy mess as I am after using most cleansers. Not this one, clear, smooth, skin. I can wash all of my makeup off even when I do not use a makeup remover before hand. More and more I simply rely on this to remove everything, including wp mascara. It will sting if it gets in your eyes, so I am very careful about that but I use so little, as thats all I need, and rarely if ever does it get in my eyes at all.

Its also so inexpensive and one bottle lasts for ages it seems. Its lovely when a drugstore or any product, does what it says, no bells, no whistles, just great product at a great price.

Just as good as skinceuticals and a fraction of the price.

on 7/29/2011 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Because of how tight I was on money, I couldn't go out and buy the acne system by Clinique that I always use. But when I went to the store and I saw the bottle for Olay, I thought why not give it a try.

I love how much foam it makes with just a little bit! It's all nice and sudsy, unlike other products that claim to make lots of foam but don't. It leaves my skin fresh, clean, smelling good, and it never irritates me. I haven't gotten more than 2 or 3 small breakouts since using the cleanser. I definitely recommend this product!

Updated: 9/7/12
I use this as my makeup remover; it does the job so well that my skin's always happy =)

on 5/12/2011 10:11:00 PM

Not a bad product, but not one that I will repurchase because there are better products out there. It does a sufficient job of cleaning my face, I use a make-up remover first though. Not bad, but not my favorite and I'll finish it up and move on to the next product.

on 4/24/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This didnt clean my skin properly. I looked very shiney afterwards. It is suited to a more dry sensitive skin.