NYX Rouge Cream Blush (All Shades)

4.1

Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polyethylene, Mica, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyisobutene, Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499).

on 1/3/2014 7:14:00 AM

I have this in Hot Pink and Red, and have pale, light olive skin for reference.

Hot Pink: Blends like butter. Gives the most natural looking flush I've ever seen on my skin, but the key is to barely use any at all and to do 2-3 layers of that so it will last all day. HG product for natural makeup lovers.

Red: Vintage lovers, watch out! It doesn't blend as easily as Hot Pink, but the color gives that gorgeous 1950's pin-up doll look on my skin. It definitely lasts all day.

I use one of these blushes everyday. :)

on 9/26/2013 11:03:00 PM

I have natural, which is a really nice, peachy-pink color. It stays on all day and it can look nice and like a natural flush if you work at it. I find it works best if I use my pinky because that is literally all you need. Then I blend it from the apples in an upward slant, and then directly down so the color doesn't look streaky. However I hate the consistency. It feels like smearing lip gloss all over your face and it can look really unnatural if you don't follow a meticulous routine with it or use too much. It's just too much work for me, I need to save up for a better cream blush.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i am writing this review for the natural color as it doesnt have its own board for the cream version. I find in my makeup routine that if I put cream blush on it makes my powder last a lot longer. it also looks good for a dewy finish by itself. a little goes a long way with this product. i use way less with this then I do with others. this isn't a bad thing you just have to blend very carefully bc the pigment . I'm not giving it a better review bc it's pretty difficult to blend. the texture is a bit tacky so you have to work quickly.

on 8/19/2013 6:32:00 PM

3.5 stars
This product is just okay to decent for me. I have this in Natural and it is highly pigmented so you have to reeeeallly blend to get if soft enough so you don't look like Pikachu or something. When I do blend it out, the color becomes a little too soft so I have to apply it in layers (around 2-3) and blend, which is too much of hassle for me in comparison to power blush. However, I find that if you use it as a base under your powder blush, it makes the powder blush last a whole lot longer, so I use this on busy days when I don't have the time to constantly reapply makeup. The color, like its name, gives a soft, healthy natural look. It's definitely most suited to slightly fair skin as it probably won't show up on darker skin.

on 8/8/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

These creme blushes aren't really anything special IMO, I feel like I can get the same effect if I mixed my lipstick and moisturizer together and blended out well. These have a bit too much slick to them which is probably why they don't last too long on my face even though I have dry skin. I find that it's a must to blot them (take away the greasiness) set these with another blush & sometimes just my regular face powder (since they are very pigmented). I have Orange, Tea Rose and Natural. Tea Rose is my favorite because I read from another reviewer (I forgot her sn) but she suggested using Tea Rose and then topping it with "Mellow Wine" from Wet n Wild's Color icon blushers. I'm in love with that combination, it gives my tanned olive skin a slight sunburned look without having to actually burn my face with the almighty power of the sun. I also enjoy Tea Rose on my lips because it's one of the best "nudes" I've seen on me, it really blanks out my lips without giving me that sickly/undead look I get with a lot of pink lip products. I make sure to blot it since these are very slick & emollient, but with a lipliner & some balm its great actually!!!!

on 4/19/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this in "Boho Chic" and though the colour looked so cute in the compact, it was absolutely terrible. It has NO staying power whatsoever, and it is incredibly sheer. The Mac cream blushes are more expensive, but worth it as they have a colour just like this and the longevity of wear makes it worth the price. I really like NYX for a drugstore brand, but this was a total disappointment.

on 4/19/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked this up on a whim one day while I was at Ulta. They didn't have "Pinched" in stock in the powder blush, so I thought, why not?
I got the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Tickled and it is such a gorgeous color, especially in the sun. When I put it on, it looks very glowy and pretty - perfect for spring/summer, but the problem is that it wears off during the day. When I look in the mirror about 5 hours later, its basically gone from my cheeks. Such a shame, since its so beautiful and blendable. I just wish it would last longer.

on 4/15/2013 11:45:00 AM

I recently purchased this blush in glow and it is gorgeous. I have very pale skin and it is a great color on me. Definitely gives a natural flush to my cheeks. I also have drier skin and have tried cream blushes before but this one is far superior. I love the consistency and the packaging is great. O prefer this to the stick type for sure. Love this color and will definitely try other colors. I love that it looks so much more natural than powder blush. Really like you are glowing from within.

on 3/29/2013 10:42:00 AM

Love it! Smooth, blend able, natural looking, good color pay off! What's not to love? Works on all skin types and is relatively cheap <3

on 3/17/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought this in Diva ( I'm NW47-48 ) and listen girls and gurls... A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!!! This cream blush goes on nice in the winter(with a brush), over my foundation and under my powder for a very nice matte look and under ( yes under with my fingertips ) my lumi/bb/light foundations in the summer for a natural blush because it blends in so well. Its difficult to achieve a natural blush look on a black woman... but this does it! I love it, and wont be switching until they discontinue this product.

The Con: The casing is pretty cheap feeling and I've already broken 2 in my makeup bag. I wish they would make a more durable/attractive case to show off this awesome rouge.

Popular Blush Products