Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourishing Shampoo

on 2/22/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I just posted a review of the So Sexy Nourishing Conditioner. I use the two together, and my dry and frizzy hair has finally calmed down and looks shinier and smoother than it has in years. I've only been using this line for about a week, so I hope the results don't fade over time. I'll probably use a clarifying shampoo once a week and alternate with another shampoo & conditioner a couple days a week.

on 1/7/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Definitely not the best shampoo I've used but is smells so great! I bought a travel sized bottle of this last summer during their semi-annual sale. I finally used it several months later and absolutely loved the way it makes my hair smell. I immediately went out and bought a full-sized bottle and I've been using it ever since. As a shampoo, it's pretty decent. It's thicker than most and provides lots of lather. My hair is super dry so I only wash it every 3 days or so. The yummy fragrance in this shampoo lasts for days leaving my hair smelling clean and fresh long after I've washed it. VS frequently has their hair products on sale which makes the shampoo more afforadable.

on 11/18/2009 12:30:00 PM

UPDATE: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT - WARNING - First, VS will not take it back if THEY THINK you have used it. I did not use it. I had the receipt, bag and had only bought a couple of days ago. They still would not take it back! AND THEY RESELL THE SHAMPOOS THEY DO TAKE BACK! THAT IS SO GROSS! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT. ORIGINAL POST: I didn't think to question whether this got such great reviews due to the scent alone or the performance...not until I bought it and tried it. The scent really bothers me...way too perfumey for me. I prefer a salon fresh scent. So that left me with performance and this is a nothing shampoo. I even kept trying it due to all the interesting ingredients. But nothing..flat, dull hair.

If you love the scent, buy it. But otherwise, do not waste your money.

on 10/29/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I gave this 3 lipsticks and said that I would buy this product again for two reasons: one -- it smells absolutely intoxicating! and two -- it does have a very nice, rich lather (which seems so hard for me to find!) However, I had just dyed my hair before purchasing this, and I did find that it faded the color a tad bit. And it also dried out my hair a little. However, when I was using this shampoo it was when I would wash my hair every day (which is the worst habit!) I'm willing to give this a try now, because I only wash my hair every 2 to 3 days. And my hair is much healthier than it was before. So, point is -- if you have dry or color treated hair, this might not be the best for you. You can try it, and return it if you don't like it. The price isn't bad! You get 3 So Sexy products for $24. When I try this again, I'll write another review. Oh, also, if you do buy this and find it is a bit drying, try using it with the So Sexy Instant Detangler! That acts as a leave-in conditioner leaving your hair silky soft. ;)

on 4/21/2009 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only reason I buy this shampoo (and conditioner to go with it) is because I LOVE the smell!! I mean I don't know if it does anything as far as "nourishing" my hair but I love the smell so that is enough for me to continue buying it!

on 4/19/2009 7:17:00 PM

I, like everyone else, bought it for the reviews of the scent, even though I didn't like the smell just from sniffing it out of the bottle. It turns out to be a pretty nice scent. Like over the top, citrussy magnolias, spicy lilacs, and the barest hint of allspice. It's not exactly breathtaking, but it's definitely pretty yummy, and though it's subtle once it dries, it definitely lasts.

As for the performance, it's really a so-so shampoo. I think it's ever-so-slightly fading my colored hair, and it leaves my hair a bit frizzy and limp. I do like it well enough as a body wash, though. It smells nice, but you can certainly find better shampoo. I may just have to switch back to the ridiculously overpriced Pureology shampoo that I love.

on 3/29/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was lemming this for awhile, esp since I've been hearing how the scent attracts men, etc. lol. When I got it, I wasn't that impressed by teh scent. Smells nice (kind of reminded me of Avon SSS Soft & Sensual). I use other products so I didn't notice the scent later on. Only thing I really noticed about this is that my hair was greasy much faster than usual. I use other moisturizing shampoos & I don't have this problem. I tried this twice just to make sure that it wasn't from using too many styling products, but nope, this is just way too heavy for me. Very disappointed because I really wanted to like this

on 3/27/2009 11:20:00 PM

Smells soooooo good! Using this with the matching conditioner makes my hair super soft, shiny, and smelling great!
Will repurchase with my Limited Brands discount :D

on 2/7/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Okay, I gave this only two lippies, but I will definitely repurchase it. Why? It smells heavenly! It dries the crap out of my hair, but the scent is intoxicating and lasts a really long time.
Seriously, I get compliments every time I shampoo with this. It's perfect date-night shampoo.

on 1/1/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is surprisingly moisturizing shampoo, but I only use it for the scent, there are better and cheaper shampoos.