Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

WATER/EAU, AMMONIUM GLYCOLATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, GLYCERIN, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED ULVA LACTUCA EXTRACT, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGAE EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, HONEY/MIEL, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, DISODIUM EDTA, BENZOPHENONE-4, BENZOPHENONE-9. 10/10/09

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I grew up watching my mother using Avon products all her life. From the makeup right down to the face creams she used it all. In my early teens I used Avon makeup till I found Sephora and never looked back! However on my most recent trip to my buildings laundromat, I found an Avon catalog and started flipping through the pages reminiscing on my childhood. Right when I was about to close down memory lane, a certain product that I have never seen before caught my eye. It was their Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. It claims to have 10% Glycolic Acid in it which they state is “superior to a professional 35% glycolic peel at home.” However according to Paula Begoun, author of “Don’t Go the Cosmetic Counter Without Me” that might not actually be true. Nonetheless, I decided to bite and give it a try.

Here is what I found:

1. It comes with 30 pads that you are to use every other day either at morning or at night. Since I for some reason missed that whole section (must be my old age at 32), I was using them every day in the morning.

2. It claims to have 10% Glycolic Acid

3. You rub the pad all over your face and discard after using.

4. It does contain alcohol which is a questionable product in facial care.

After using it for a month, I have to say I have notice outstanding results. My skin looks like (to a point) I have been doing microdermabrasion or some sort of facial peel that even my husband noticed. My skin feels smoother, looks younger and it has helped with my enlarge pores that were noticeable.

However with all being said, the alcohol content does concern me. I for one feel that no facial product should contain any amount of alcohol and this product does have a high quantity. The problem is that alcohol causes free radical cell damage which is devastating to your face. However, I also use other products that help to minimize free radical cell damage in general. Nonetheless, while I love this product, I cannot endorse something I feel will potentially damage your skin at the ending. Nevertheless, I leave it up to reader to decide what type of risk they are willing to run for the price of beauty. However for me, this risk is one I can't place all my betting chips on.

This product would be awesome, if Avon simply removed the alcohol in it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my third container of these.I use it maybe 5 days a week, in combination with a moisturizer with sunscreen of course. Today my botox doctor asked me if I have been getting peels with a derm since the last time he saw me. That sold it. I can't see myself being without them again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this glycolic treatment! I dare anyone who doubts Avon to try this products works much better than any other retexturizing/glycolic products I've bought from Prestige brands. The price is fair and after my first week of use I got so much compliments that my skin looked even, brighter and it cleared any tiny surface blemished I had. Also to note, I have skin that tends to react poorly to any kind of treatment but I didn't have any issues with this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product, only been using for 4 weeks and already see an improvement in my uneven skin tone and redness, also noticed an improvement in the firmness of my skin. Skin looks smoother and younger. I have fair, sensitive skin so I only use this product twice a week to avoid overdrying my skin, which can cause it to break out. I apply it after I wash my face, once the product has dried on my skin, I apply moisturizer. On all the other nights I use the Avon Anew Clinical resufacing fluid (also a great product), followed up by moisturizer. I'll definitely keep using the retexturing peel and the resurfacing fluid, the combo is working great! Most people never guess that I'm in my forties, let alone 47 years young!

LOVE these pads! My skin is clear and glowing! I'm using less makeup these days, except for a bit of concealer and powder, thanks to Avon's Anew Clinical skincare products! Anyway, I only use a pad a week, so mine are gonna last me awhile! LOVE! Got my pads off of Ebay.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to replace the MD two-step pads I had been using, which are around $78 for the 30 day set. Avon suggests you use this twice daily, but I think at 35% glycolic once daily is enough. The results are just as good as the MD. People have been complimenting my skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Yet another Avon product that surpassed my expectations. I use these pads in conjunction with the Rejuvenate Regimen and my pores appear less noticeable, my skin tone is more even and people tell me I look like I am glowing.
I am not a representative, but for the price, Avon's Anew line is well worth a try.
These pads aren't too strong, but they do the trick for me. I recommend using them after a hot shower/bath or after steaming your face for about 15 minutes. When I have done my face, I use the pad on my decolletage and hands (the hands will betray your age!)
One bottle lasts just over a month for me, as I like to use them a little more than they suggest.

Like some others here I am not a regular Avon user but I wanted something non-messy and effective. I bought mine for 20$ the first jar and then found a sale and bought 2 for 20$. This gets rid of the minor acne I still have:( and takes off the flakiness. My skin is used to AHA's so with a little moisturizer applied afterwards makes it a very effective product for me. My face and decollete look 10 years younger after using this. I sometimes use it on a daily basis which for me has accelerated the benefits even though directions say use every other day. Will repurchase. And yes you can cut the pads in half but at my age I use whatever is left on the pad on my neck and chest.Great deal if you find it on sale through Avon, I like being able to return my purchases if something isn't right.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this every other day for a couple of weeks now. Get a bit of tingle, but generally no dramatic improvement in the texture of my skin, either overnight or with extended use. In direct comparison with the Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment - this stuff falls way short, except for price. I think I will shell out the extra money for the stuff that works.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I tried this product on a whim in order to receive free shipping on Amazon. The cost was only $6.99 so I figured why not. I like glycolic based products and find they are more effective than retinol at reducing acne, offering a more even skintone and even imparting a subtle glow if you're lucky. I find this product is most effective for me when used at night and either every other day or weekly. Using it more than that irritated my skin and left a residual sting throughout the day. I could see a difference in the morning, a subtle gradual difference than was more apparent over time. My pimples cleared up faster, my skin had a glow & acne marks were starting to fade. This is my first time using this but given the price & the results, I would recommend and buy again.

Popular Face Skincare Products