Banana Boat Baby Tear Free SPF 50

4.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 3.1 and Zinc Oxide 4.00

on 7/30/2010 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Even though I am brown I burn so easily now. I wore this on a couple of trips to Havasu and Laughlin during the summer with direct desert sun reaching temperatures from 106-126F. I was in and out of the water and I did do a couple of reapplications during the day but I never burned. I spent approximately 6 hours in the sun daily. Plus if this product gets in your eyes there is no burn. Do not trust sunscreens that are sports formulations that promise the same, they LIE!!!! I used Coppertone Sport and cried and had snot pooring from my nose for like 10 minutes, it was completely disgusting and embarrassing. Luckily someone offered me this and I have not switched sunscreens since

on 7/19/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is an amazing product. Doesn't make me break out or flare up (Eczema). I have no allergic reaction to this product.

It isn't SUPER greasy, but it can be depending on what you're doing during the day. I'm so sad though, I'm returning my latest purchase because there's a chock-load of parabens in it. I don't want cancer when I'm using a product trying to prevent it -_-

I will NOT be repurchasing :(

on 4/15/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was my HG sunscreen of last summer, and I'm coming round to some more this summer. Why HG status?

-Doesn't irritate my sensitive allergic skin. I struggle with eczema, rosacea AND allergies. I'm a redhead so I burn EASY! Also I've had a melanoma and several pre cancerous lesions taken off my skin, so I really need protection that works, and that I don't hesitate to slap on.

-A bit greasy but doesn't seem to cause pimples or blocked pores. The one down side, it does what every other sunscreen does, and that is leave a yellowish residue on my white clothes where my skin contacts the clothing. But that comes out with OXI stain powder and a good hot water wash which I always do with white cottons.

-Doesn't irritate my eyes or drift into them although I'm careful how to apply--only on the brow bone and under my eyes about half an inch.

-Works like a sunscreen should, blocking out burns, and keeping my age spots from getting worse and my freckles under control.

--My daughter in law who has sensitive and acne prone skin, this is the only sunscreen she has been able to tolerate thus far.

UPDATE: so I was thinking I'd like that luminizer that Chanel has for under foundation, and realized this would work just fine. I put it on instead of my spf moisturizer, then applied foundation and a dusting of powder. Presto cheap luminizer. No pimples on my T zone, and it was super moisturizing on my cheeks and eye zone.

I also tried mixing it with a bit of my way too dark one shade fits all Regenerist touch of concealer eye cream to create a summer time tan look/ homemade tinted moisturizer. Also works.

I doubt I'll use those all the time, too rich and even though I didn't get pimples, I suspect I might if I made this a regular thing over the summer. Just fun to do once in a while.

on 3/11/2010 6:07:00 PM

I have a hard time picking out sunblock because I have sensitive skin. Many sunblocks actually burn even my neck area. I am able to use Banana Boat Baby Tear Free SPF 50 even on my neck and face area. This is truely as hypoallergenic as it claims to be.
This product goes on virtually fragrance free so it can be used with your favorite scent and won't be fighting your perfume for attention. It is also non-greasy and rubs in well. It's also long lasting even while in the water.
This is overall a great sunblock and I highly recommend it for adults, children and babies.

I dont think the tear free version is avaliable in singapore. Mine is the same thing just without the tear free indication. This is so much better than coppertone baby spf 50. Banana boat's has uvb protection, is not greasy, sinks in well and has a slight pleasant scent. I only apply this to my body so i cant comment on face application. This washes off easily with pears soap. Give it a go :)

on 9/2/2009 4:05:00 PM

I bought both the lotion and spray version of this sunscreen for my son. The lotion is much lighter and much less greasy than the spray. My son is very picky about sunscreen. This lotion is one of only two sunscreens that he allows me to put on him. It does contain effective UVA/UVB sun block with 2.4% titanium dioxide, but the "tear-free" claim is not true. My son screamed when it once accidentally got into his eye. I sometimes use it too. Itís gentle, fragrance free and long-lasting. It provides a good base for my foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product saved my vacation! After an unfortunate reaction to Coppertone Faces SPF 30, in which my eyes were red, swollen, and irritated, I went to Walgreens in search of something that would be gentle on the eyes. I found this and was able to wear it with zero eye or skin irritation! They aren't lying when they say this stuff is Tear Free. I love that it has such a high SPF rating, and is broad spectrum protection. This is wonderful for time spent at the beach or outdoors. The only drawback for me is that I don't have much luck wearing foundation or powder over it, because it is on the thick side. It sort of sits on top of the skin and doesn't totally absorb. Again, that's not an issue for me when I'm spending time at the beach or outdoors. It just means it won't be my daily sunscreen. I will never go on vacation, or to the pool, without this stuff!

on 4/11/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Excellent non-irriatating sunscreen. Have super sensitive, allergy prone skin and this does not bother me at all while many other sunscreens have stung, burned, caused my dermatitis to flare and gave me hives. Have used both the canister spray and the cream in tube. Cream leaves a white cast but I am so pale this is not an issue for me but on my sister in law, who is Latina, you can see the cast. Great sun protection. My skin can turn bright red when I get too much sun; think a boiled lobster. Have not burned using this even after spending a full day at the beach. Easy to find, have bought at Long's and CVS and you can get it on sale for $8 to $10.

on 3/30/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff!!! This sunblock comes to rescue your skin, when low SPF's (like SPF15) sting your eyes, but you still need more protection. I use this EVERY DAY. it doesn't break me out, and acts as a moisturizer cum primer for my oily skin. I can use MMU or regular liquid makeup on top of this with no issues. I haven't tested how waterproof it is yet, but will update it in the summer.

on 5/30/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have 3 bottles of this floating around at 1 time constantly. my kiddies r very pale skined and this works WONDERS on them. we only spend a couple of hours in the sun, pool, park where ever since they r so white. and they have NEVER gotten even pink w/this. VERY WATERPROOF. and VERY non-irritating. i love it too. they r kids so i BLOB them up w/this stuff. im pale and its great 4 me. my kids ask 4 it to be put on cuz they know it saves their precious skin.