Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 10/15/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally, a sculpting powder that does what it's meant to. I ordered the (obscenely expensive) Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Duo and wish I had returned it. The sculpting powder is a shimmery peach colour (huh... who has shadows that are shimmery peach??). But this is a cool taupe that actually mimics shadow on the face and is absolutely natural and undetectable. I actually love the small container because I keep all my makeup in a transportable Bobbi Brown case so smaller containers mean I can squeeze more makeup in there. You use so little of this that it will last a long time. Highly highly recommended. For reference I'm NC25.

on 7/31/2014 12:36:00 PM

I have fair skin and this KA sculpting powder is the only one I shall ever use.
I threw out my MAC sculpting powder in bone beige and sculpt out the window.

This color is by far the most amazing blend to create a shadow on your face. It's not orange, it's not brown, it's not red. It really looks like natural shadows!

I do not use a lot, very small amount to contour my nose, cheekbones and jawline. Although the packaging is very small, this should last me a pretty long time. However depending on how heavily you contour your face I guess it varies.

The packaging is super small and I'm always worried that I'll drop it or get crushed somewhere. I'm not asking for more product but I wish it had come in a bigger sized compact. Bigger so it's more visible and that I won't lose or accidently knock it off the counter and drop it.

Other than that, I highly recommend this product. Don't even bother wasting your money trying cheaper contouring products like MAC or even expensive brands like Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. I've seen it, I've tried it. From cheap to expensive, this Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is by far the best contouring powder with the perfect color. Don't waste your money settling with something else. Just save up for a little longer if you were planning on buying MAC. I saved you money if you were thinking about buying Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. :)

on 7/10/2014 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is super expensive for the amount of powder that you get, but nonetheless it's awesome. It really does look natural on the face and you hardly need any product to sculpt your features. I have very fair skin and I love this for my cheekbones and contouring my nose. Worth the hype. Definitely isn't a makeup necessity but if you have the money to splurge go for it, was not disappointed

on 6/27/2014 10:55:00 PM

Held off buying this powder as its very difficult to come by in Canada (or in my area at least). Pounced on it when I saw it at BeautyMark. LOVED it immediately after application. It really lives up to its hype. Its incredibly natural looking, and you see the slimming/contouring results easily. It truly surprised me as I didn't think that this was something i was going to fall in love with (Seriously -I've fallen in love with this!!) Despite its price, I'd buy it over and over again. I've wasted too much money on different bronzers in an attempt to contour (Chanel - Benefit - Dior - Buxom - Nars). Been there, done that! I've found The One!

on 5/7/2014 5:10:00 PM

Had a credit and a 20-percent discount at Blush, so I had a fairly painless way to buy this incredibly pricey product. As other folks have said, it is a tiny, tiny thing. Size-wise, much more what you'd expect in an eyeshadow than a bronzer or blush. Others have found it to have high pigmentation, but for some reason, I don't find this to be the case—at least under my cheekbones. Must be my skin color (medium/pale neutral with olive undertones), or the shape of my face, but basically, I don't see this stuff showing up until I've applied too much, and then it looks dirty. However, I like it VERY much as an eyeshadow—it provides a nice lift to the eye if you apply in the crease (particularly if you have hooded eyes). It's a really natural look and yet extremely effective, even dramatic (if that makes sense: natural and dramatic). I'd repurchase just for this limited application in the eye area.

PROS:
- The color has no red in it at all—a perfect shadow color.
- There is an infinitesimal amount of glitter in it—doesn't show up on the skin as sparkle, but I suspect without it, the color would look sort of dull or deadening.
- Excellent for sculpting the eye in the crease area.
- On other skin tones or face shapes (not mine!) I can see how this would work to contour the face, as well

CONS:
- bizarrely expensive, particularly for the pan size
- contains silicone & if you're like me, this can make your skin feel dirty (not breathing)...whenever I put it on my face, I can't wait to take it off (on my eyelids, I don't mind)
- doesn't show up well on my cheeks
- perhaps only the case if you use too much, but I've noticed that It can settle into pores: definitely not a good look

Overall, I think this is a good product, especially if you are into make up that enhances your natural looks, rather than masks them. Even though I only use it for my eyelids, I think it does something special that I can't do with regular eyeshadow.

on 4/26/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hung back on this one because A) I have high cheekbones and B) I didn't want to make things more complicated and C) popular as contouring is I didn't want a kardashian face. Right off this actually SIMPLIFIES things. I use less blush or sometimes none at all and it renders such a polished but natural look. Using blush and highlighter along with the contour is just gorgeous and still not made up. There is just one shade of this because it mimics a shadow so therefore it doesn't have to match skin tone. The formula is very, very pigmented which means just barely touching the compact and even then shake some off (It is very finely milled). Applying too much will give you a disappointing result. In love.

on 4/5/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a brown bronzer without any orange tint or shimmer. Perfect! But then I tried some light contouring bc my face was so chubby during my pregnancy. I used on the sides of the nose, under chin and a little sweep under the cheekbones. Perfect! I'm back to normal and I still use it everyday to make my nose look narrower. It's very light and barely perceptible even in daylight. Your won't look like a crazy kardashian with heavy contour makeup. Try it!

on 3/23/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awesome contour powder. Very easy to blend, payoff is great. The color is perfect for light-medium skin tones and swatches a grey-brown shade that is precisely what you need for a contour color. The texture is very light, soft, buttery. It's not powdery and there is no fall out. Tap your brush in gently and apply color--no waste. It lasts all day. This is a pricey gem but definitely worth the purchase price. I can see this being a staple in my kit. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/14/2014 12:15:00 AM

BEST CONTOUR powder out there! I am pale, underlying yellow tones nC 15/ Porcelain ivory, lightest shade always. This is way better than other bronzers colors that some use for contouring. The color of "shadows" PERFECT!!! I am on my second compact soon, I had to buy another as a back up cause it's so fantastic. Thank u KA.

on 3/10/2014 1:52:00 AM

This powder makes my face look dirty and no matter how light I go it still somehow makes my contour look fake. I had better luck with nyx taupe blush for contouring. The product is small and expensive. I also find that this powder does not last on my face at all. Really disappointed and won't be repurchasing again.