October 22, 2014 | 1029 users online

Lip Treatments - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lip Plump

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by misskatiebyrne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my make up must have and i cant believe that it has had such a poor review! It looks great on its own, kinda like a nude lipstick, or under a colour to make it last longer! I totally love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by hellozainab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think all the negative reviews have to do with the slightly misleading name of 'plump'. What this product does NOT do is plump your lips. HOWEVER clearly on the side it does say its a lip primer. And at that it REALLY DOES A GREAT JOB.

I have darkly pigmented lips, very deep berry coloured and pale skin. I find concealer/foundation just dries them out however. This does the opposite I found it moisturizing and once dried, I slicked my lippie on and it stayed put all day. The price is a bit much (as all Benefit cosmetics are), and the packacging is rather lackluster. But overall, a great product

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Tenerifebeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am the benefit queen! So much then I walk over to the benefit counter in Debenhams they are beginning to remember my name! Now I am also obsessed with plumpers! I went into benefit and asked them for something that would plump my lips and was sold this. It did not plump my lips, it is more of a primer before putting lipstick/lipliner on. I was very upset with being sold this product as I paid money for it and it did not do what it said it didnít on the tube! PLUMP!!

If you want a good lip plumper hold your pennies or cents and buy the Lipfusion XL! Best product out there at the moment for lip plumping! And I have tried them all!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

This was one of the worst benefit products i have ever come across it didn't plump my lips and also it was very very drying i wouldn't recommend this product i am sure there are better lip plumper 's out there for a much more affordable cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

This lip primer does an excellent job of giving a neutral layer to lips. I have heavily pigmented lips, so i dab 3 or 4 small dots on lips, rub with fingers allover and wait for a minute. All lipstick colours come on perfectly after that and stay on longer too. Since it neutralizes lip colour to your skin colour practically you can recreate your lip line thus making them look bigger, smaller or whatever floats your boat;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on my third tube of this product, have been using it off and on for nearly 7 years. I just came back to it after a few years off and I am wondering why did I ever stopped using it?! When used AS DIRECTED, it makes a nice soothing coating on your lips that makes your lip liner and lipstick look awesome and last forever (all day, even through lunch and a dinner as long as it's not super greasy). And yes, it does make your lips look plumper, but this is due to its ability to erase your natural lip line and enable you to 'fudge' it with much better results than with any other primer I have tried. And it keeps my lips feeling moisturized, whereas using a concealer not formulated for lips leave my lips feeling dry.

Currently I am into matte lipsticks and this is the perfect antidote to the dryness that sometimes results from matte lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by AliciaHT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am aware that this product is not a plumper but I think that the name Lip Plump is very misleading.

I'm sure it's brilliant as a concealer on ladies with very pigmented lips but for me I found it a rather useless addition to my make-up collection as I have relatively pale lips and, if I do ever want to make my lips look paler before gloss or lipstick, I just use a dab of ordinary concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jennybs99

First of all, I DO agree with others that the name of this product can be misleading for those who buy it without researching it first. However, if you have done your research, then you should know what the purpose of the product is. That being said, I am VERY happy with this product! I have somewhat fair skin with moderately pigmented lips. Because of this, I usually want to lighten up my lips a bit. This product is perfect for doing just that.

I apply it like so: I lightly exfoliate my lips, then I put on a small amount of chapstick & let it sink in while I apply my other makeup. Next, I put a couple of dabs of the product on both my upper and lower lip and then LIGHTLY spread it out across my lips using the wand and my finger. As it starts to dry, I use my finger to dab it in. After I let it dry for about 3 minutes, I apply lipstick on top, and I am done! I have fallen in love with this product and I will continue to repurchase. If you are NOT looking for a lip primer and/or a concealer-type product to help lighten your natural lip tone, this product is definitely not for you. Do your research first!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by agusninfa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. my lips dont look red anymore, my gloss stays forever and it looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW, you women are so ridiculous and quick to judge. This is NOT a plumper gloss, and if you thought for a second that Benefit made this to be that, than you should consider yourself a newbie in the makeup world... its a concealer meant for those with very pigmented lips. The "plump" factor comes from the fact that it is meant to substitute for a lip liner, which is exactly what it does. I have really pigmented lips, and lipsticks have always looked terrible because they never come out to the proper color. Lip liners do not work because the outside of my lips still shows through the liner... but this stuff is amazing.
INSTRUCTIONS: take the wand and dab 4 small dots, 2 on the upper and 2 on the lower. Pat and smooth evenly on lips and wait 60 seconds before applying lip color. This is so much more natural and not as gross looking as using actual concealer on the lips. With this invention, I can now wear any color I desire quickly, without the mess. AND it makes the lipstick stick and last FOREVER! I will never use lip liners again, and can now shop for lip colors without having to worry about my overly pigment lips.
THANK YOU BENEFIT!