December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Gentle Exfoliating Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I got this in a gift set with Dove body wash and deodarant for Christmas. It's an okay product.. I have actually used up a good portion of it which I don't normally do if a cleanser is terrible. I find that it leaves a bit of a film on my skin and does dry out my skin a bit. NOw that it is summer I am going to start using it again..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by miky612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decided to buy this since it was on sale and was even cheaper than it already was! It smells nice, cleanses nicely and I was surprised that the beads in it although small does its job well. My skin was nice and soft afterwards and it didn't feel dry or tuggy either! I wouldn't skip my moisturizing step though. It was very easy to wash off too. Would definitely buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MissBettyful

I got this in a gift set for Christmas. The exfoliators are quite sparse, so there isn't much to really help remove dead skin. The texture is very creamy. It doesn't dehydrate my skin but I don't feel particularly clean with this cleanser. I don't use it much because of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed a new exfoliating scrub. I was looking for the St Ives scrub, which is the one I have been using, but it wasn't in stock so I settled for this one. Initially, I thought it wouldn't be exfoliating enough because in comparison to the St Ives one it is definitely not as harsh. But I suppose the fact that it is not so harsh allows it to be used everyday while the St Ives should only be used 2-3 times a week.
I really love the smell and the texture of it on my skin, it goes on really smooth and lathers up nicely. It has these microbeads that give it a nice massaging feel in my opinion.
I also like the packaging and it feels comfortable to handle haha. The price is nice too, I got it for AUD$4.50 down from AUD$6.99, which is SO cheap! so I might have to pick up another one while its on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by saluuna

This was my HG cleanser. I would use it twice a day, and it would remove all of my makeup while keeping my skin soft, did not irritate my skin or cause zits, and prevented blackheads. I never had any problems with it, and it was the best cleanser for my skin, as well as one of the few that did not break me out. However, IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. Now I have to search for something just as good and I fear I never will :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by scissorbrit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly love love love this face wash! I don't like to be too harsh on my face as I feel that leads to breakouts and this face wash is perfect for me. Feels clean, but not too harsh. And it's very cheap. I used to love the St Ives Apricot Scrub for blemish prone skin but I think it was too rough and I feel much better after switching to the Dove. I discovered it in my boyfriend's family's house when we came for weekends and have been using it for months since then. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is at the top of my list of favorite facial cleansers. The beads are microscopic, can barely feel the scrubbing power, but I prefer fine granules over chunky ones. I love how my face feels after using this exfoliating cleanser clean and soft, does not dry out my skin. The light scent is pretty and the product lathers up rather nicely. I always have a tube of this sitting in my shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by dreame

I once tried this cleanser a while ago and I liked it, but found that my skin broke out a little after use. I'm not sure if it was because of this cleanser or not, so I used it again. It doesnt break my skin out now, which i'm extremely happy about because its a great cleanser. It exfoliates and keeps my skin looking clear and smooth. However, I went to buy it again when I ran out and it was NO WHERE to be found!! Still can't find it...so I bought the Gentle Exfoliating Cleansing Pads...which I love too. Not sure which one works better but both make a difference in the way my skin looks and feels, in a good way :) I would recommend either the cleanser or the pads...I think they use the same ingredients for both, but the pads give you more exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by georginapeach

I've been using this for a few months and i really don't have any complaints. i like the scrubby beads, they don't irritate my skin and are not too harsh. i like the scent. i can't use any products that are too harsh or i break out very badly, so i like dove because i generally trust their products to be gentle, and they deliver. i like the way my skin feels after using this cleanser; clean but not too dry. i follow with moisturizer and my skin is happy. i also like that it is easy to find, because i have a habit of forgetting things when i travel. i can go into an drugstore and pick it up, usually for under 6 dollars. i am very happy with this cleanser and plan on repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this product, but not love. This is like a 2 in 1 cleanser with some tiny beads for scrub while cleaning face. However, there is just not enough beads in there. It is a good cleanser, i keep it for use in the shower and it removes oil and dirt of my face nicely. But it doesn't do a good job on removing dead skins, my face didn't not have those super baby soft feel like after using St Ive scrub. Overall, it works good on my oily skin, didnt not dry out my skin completely nor making it more oily, but just not effective enough. Would not repurchase.