December 21, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Mer - The Body Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Creme de La Mer's Body Cream is the most effective body skincare product I have ever tried. Although its initial appearance looks like it would be too thick/rich, it's actually very silky going on. The company's claims that it has a sustained moisturizing effect and thus, you don't have to use everyday has been true in my experience. Don't need to use a lot of the product to cover your entire body so the large tub lasts quite awhile and, along with the great benefits, justifies the $195 price tag. After finishing the first jar, I researched online product info and reviews and tried many different skincare lines from drugstore to other well known dept store and dermatoligist-recommended brands in an attempt to find a comparable but less expensive choice, but no other body creme has surpassed this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after using the body lotion a few times. I had an "interesting" use for it...several nights a week, I applied it on my extremely dry feet and put on cotton socks. In the morning, my feet would feel very smooth and hydrated! Will certainly purchase again!

My ratings sometimes tend to be low on good products if I think they are expensive...and this one is certainly expensive, but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by silvermoong

This is my first La Mer product and I'm totally in love with it. The best body cream ever. If you're looking for the best body cream and don't mind spending a crazy lot of money for it, this product is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

this is the only la mer product i would waste my money on. its hydrating capabilities are amazing. you can really see a difference in your skin and it smells great, love it. ridiculously expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seaweed in a jar.The Best Body Creme.PERIOD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I was so hesitant to buy this because of the price, but my eczema has gotten so bad for whatever reason I cannot figure out. I mean, large red patches on my arm, stomach, bra line, everywhere. It basically burns. When I walked by the counter at nordstrom the SA had me convinced it would heal my eczema, she said they use it on burn victims. So I caved and as soon as I got home I put it on where it was the itchiest. Within 10 minutes of putting it on, I feel so relaxed and soothed. I didn't have that perpetual itchiness that aggravates me endlessly. It is only the first application but I have high hopes for this wonder. Will keep updating as I continue to use it.
Update (8-6-09): Okay, it's not even a full week after I started using this cream that the eczema on my arms has nearly completely vanished. I've also been using my prescription creams and hydrocortizone to help me not to itch, but I'd like to believe this cream did a lot to help heal my skin. My skin is a lot more moisturized and hydrated and everytime after I apply it, I feel so relaxed and calm. I know I'm gonna need to buy more because I love that I don't feel itchy anymore.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a dry skin sufferer and in my on going search for the best body cream, i have tried almost every single product out there,some are good,some are bad and some are really good.Some i buy again,some i don't even finish.
La Mer is my ultimate HG high end body cream(My HG low end is Creme De Corps by Kiehl's,AMAZING).I buy the 300mL size which is more economical and find that with daily use, lasts me almost a month.
Scent:Lemony to my nose,and bit musky, like Creme De La Mer but a little bit more earthy.
Texture:Creamy, thick,but easy to use and spread on the skin,absorbs after a while, and feels slightly greasy for a minute or two, love that.
Effectiveness:Well,this is a serious bad a** cream.It moisturizes, nourishes,firms,regenerates and gives skin a glow that is unbelievable.

If you have the driest of dry skin,a good scrub along with this little gem is the best cure.
Perfection in a jar!
I don't have the box to list the ingredients, but as soon as i re purchase i will list them down.It's full of vitamins,algae and plant extracts,omega 3 and 6,shea butter and hyaluronic acid.
Soon to come.

EDIT:Ingredients as promised, sorry for the delay, the cream was bought today, 9/13/2011.

Ingredients:
Declustered Water (-), Declustered Water (+), Butylene Glycol, Jojoba Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Yeast ExtractFaexExtrait De Leuvre, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed OilPetrolatum, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Burpleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber)Fruit Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paulís Wort) Extract, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum (Plankton) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Artemia Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley)Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Silybum Marianum (Ladyís Thistle) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) OilSodium Hyalluronate, Caffeine, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sea Whip Extract, Algae Extract, Aceityl Hexapeptide-3, Glyceryl Stearate, Acetyl Carnithe Hcl, Sodium Rna, Creatine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Saccharomyceslysate Extract, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Coenzyme A, Peg-100 Stearate, Decarboxy Carnosine Hcl, Peg-8 Phospholipids, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate, Cholesterol/Potassium Sulfate, Sorbitol, Simethicone, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Citronellol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by SalescoopKat

La Mer is a fantastic brand...I don't think I've ever heard of someone regretting a La Mer purchase. I first tried the lip balm and fell in love with it, and thus decided to do a little more investing and try out their lotion. I don't think I'll ever go back to my drugstore lotions again...this product is well worth the price, and makes my skin feel like butter. Plus, it leaves my skin feeling smooth for so much longer than other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by rebeccan1

I have really dry skin on my legs....a white layer of dead skin consistently is on my legs. No more! With this awesome cream and the scrub with diamonds, no less, it is all gone!
I am a new woman with amazing soft skin! Thank you La Mer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I love this body cream. I was actually buying the lip balm (my HG lipbalm!) when the SA gave me a few samples of this. I tried a little on my arm in the store and instantly loved it! I then got home and after a shower put the rest of the cream on and it was pure luxury. I went back the next day and got the full size tub (and its a pretty big size tub!) of this cream but stupidly without asking the price first. I mean, i knew it would be pricey as its la mer but i wasnt expecting £160! (Selfridges london) I told myself it was just a nice treat for now and again but now im totally in love. I have tried SO many creams before from drugstore brands which left my skin stinging to chanel's new line of body cream that was a nightmare to blend into my skin and rub in and was so sticky! This is ''perfect''. Rubs in and absorbs very quickly, i have terribly dry skin and this is rich enough with NO greasy feeling at all, has a light pleasant smell and best thing is i only use a small amount and i dont need to even use it everyday its just wonderful :)