December 20, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This color isn't nude on me, it shows as a plum-brown on my complexion. I tend to like colors that look nude on my lips like Touch (warm neutral). But I still like this color for a "I want to look like I'm wearing lipstick", but nothing over the top. The texture feels great, it's light. I find it a nice autumn / winter color when you want to go a bit deeper in shades. To lighten the shade I put Viva Glam VI lipgloss on top, it tends to make it a bit pinker on my lips. I also use VS Wet which lightens it a bit to a mauve brown. This lipstick is a nice deeper shade for me. For reference, I wear NC45.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the MAC counter recently and the sales person recommended this color. I went looking for a nude lipstick and she recommended this neutral color. It is such a beautiful, sheer lipstick that it is almost difficult to describe. It almost blends in with the color of my lips with a nice sheen. I use it with the Chestnut l/l and I also topped it with the Sephora Ultra Lipgloss in Perfect Nude for more of a punch. I really love this color and I hope they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my fav. lipstick right now, I'm NW30 and it's very flattering on me, a great everyday lipstick. I also love to smudge Red Enriched lipliner on and top with this..that combo is the perfect red for me, kind of like an earthy, adobe red..(this was recommended by a mac mua, and it's just perfect! Try it if you have a hard time with reds!) This has become HG for me, very versatile shade, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a hard color to describe which is part of the reason I love it so. I'm one of those people who can go either warm or cool and Viva Glam VI can play right along with me. I'm pretty pale (I don't use MAC foundation so I have no idea what shade I would be) so I'm not sure this would work with all skin types, but it'as definitely one to test out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My natural lipcolor HG!! The color is truly a fantastic brown-pink, which really looks natural on my lips. It doesn't last very long though, I would love it if they made a longlasting version of this :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by vwcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy Viva Glam vi again simply because I have been searching for a certain shade of lipstick and this is it.
I once had a chanel lipstick that the color was just perfect and ran out of it. I could not reorder because it was no longer available. I have been looking since.
I found it.
Only better
And the formula feels silky and soft. It looks perfect. I like the creamy look of it on my lips and lightweight feel.
I love the neutral color because it will go with warm or cool shades well and it looks like a color that would look nice on many skintones.
A very good must have for the makeup bag for all occassions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color. I'm a NC50 in the center of my face and NW45 around the perimeter of my face.
I wear this with chestnut l/l and Viva Glam VI l/g. The look is a reddish, plum color. My boyfriend, who usually doesn't say anything about my makeup, always says that I look great when I'm wearing this combo. This is a great fall and winter color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Hairnova

Love this color. Nice mauvy, pinkish shade on my dark lips. Can almost form a mauvy neutral lip with this lippie

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. I am light-medium neutral leaning yellow complexion. I've always liked reddish lipsticks so I'm happy to have added this to my arsenal. It looks brownish in the tube, but looks berry-red on my pigmented lips. It really pulls my look together when I don't want to wear much eye mu. I wear a rosy blush, neutral wash on the lids and this on my lips. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really don't understand all these negative reviews about this wonderful lipstick!

Being a newbie at Mac, I didn't really know what kind of lipstick I wanted, so I put faith in the girl at the counter to pick out a natural shade that enhanced my lip colour.

All I can say is this girl knew what she was doing!
This is a perfect dark terra-cotta colour with a beautiful sheen that makes the lips look wet. It goes on very sheer at first, but is very easy to build it to the shade you prefer.It looks great against my skin tone (NW30) and for those who are fair, by applying it more sheer you can get a nice red lip look.

I don't know if I could live without this lipstick, I wear it all the time.
If you are trying to achieve healthy looking lips, this is the right choice for you!