April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my fav. lipstick right now, I'm NW30 and it's very flattering on me, a great everyday lipstick. I also love to smudge Red Enriched lipliner on and top with this..that combo is the perfect red for me, kind of like an earthy, adobe red..(this was recommended by a mac mua, and it's just perfect! Try it if you have a hard time with reds!) This has become HG for me, very versatile shade, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a hard color to describe which is part of the reason I love it so. I'm one of those people who can go either warm or cool and Viva Glam VI can play right along with me. I'm pretty pale (I don't use MAC foundation so I have no idea what shade I would be) so I'm not sure this would work with all skin types, but it'as definitely one to test out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My natural lipcolor HG!! The color is truly a fantastic brown-pink, which really looks natural on my lips. It doesn't last very long though, I would love it if they made a longlasting version of this :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by vwcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy Viva Glam vi again simply because I have been searching for a certain shade of lipstick and this is it.
I once had a chanel lipstick that the color was just perfect and ran out of it. I could not reorder because it was no longer available. I have been looking since.
I found it.
Only better
And the formula feels silky and soft. It looks perfect. I like the creamy look of it on my lips and lightweight feel.
I love the neutral color because it will go with warm or cool shades well and it looks like a color that would look nice on many skintones.
A very good must have for the makeup bag for all occassions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color. I'm a NC50 in the center of my face and NW45 around the perimeter of my face.
I wear this with chestnut l/l and Viva Glam VI l/g. The look is a reddish, plum color. My boyfriend, who usually doesn't say anything about my makeup, always says that I look great when I'm wearing this combo. This is a great fall and winter color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Hairnova

Love this color. Nice mauvy, pinkish shade on my dark lips. Can almost form a mauvy neutral lip with this lippie

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. I am light-medium neutral leaning yellow complexion. I've always liked reddish lipsticks so I'm happy to have added this to my arsenal. It looks brownish in the tube, but looks berry-red on my pigmented lips. It really pulls my look together when I don't want to wear much eye mu. I wear a rosy blush, neutral wash on the lids and this on my lips. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really don't understand all these negative reviews about this wonderful lipstick!

Being a newbie at Mac, I didn't really know what kind of lipstick I wanted, so I put faith in the girl at the counter to pick out a natural shade that enhanced my lip colour.

All I can say is this girl knew what she was doing!
This is a perfect dark terra-cotta colour with a beautiful sheen that makes the lips look wet. It goes on very sheer at first, but is very easy to build it to the shade you prefer.It looks great against my skin tone (NW30) and for those who are fair, by applying it more sheer you can get a nice red lip look.

I don't know if I could live without this lipstick, I wear it all the time.
If you are trying to achieve healthy looking lips, this is the right choice for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is a nice gloss...only thing is that it goes on a bit more sheer than it looks. It's pretty and I do wear it, but I feel like by itself it kinda looks like my natural lip color with maybe a little more pink (I'm an NC35 with red red lips). I was expecting more pigmentation. It has a little bit of glitter but nothing OTT. Goes on pretty smoothly, has a nice faint vanilla/cookie scent. I feel like it's pretty day friendly, it looks a lot more snazzy in the tube which does not translate at ALL when applied. At one point I would've said "no" to buying this again, but I do wear it and it does look kinda cute...we'll see!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by aquarum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: moisturizing texture, superlative quality, color payoff, excellent staying power, pleasant smell

CONS: color not as described (more of a muted pinkish red with a silvery pearl), color lacks vibrancy

OVERALL: When I went to my local MAC counter, I told the girl I was looking for a rosy colored lipstick to enhance my natural color and she pointed me to this shade. I have to say it doesn't enhance my natural color or my face at all. I find that the pearl makes this difficult to wear during the day. I've tried wearing it lightly, heavily, with and without gloss and I haven't yet encountered a successful combo for my face. Despite all this, the quality is great, price reasonable and I quite like the smell (sweet vanilla + waxy crayon). I will not repurchase this item because it does not fulfill the my need and will therefore last me a long while I am sure.

UPDATE: 2/3/11 In the winter time, it is very cold and dry where I live ad I have been wearing this a lot. I have been finding that I like it a lot more in the winter because my lips get dry and this is highly emollient. It is also a gorgeous wintry plum, berry shade. I definitely will not be wearing this in the spring and summer at all because it would clash with the pastel florals and saturated jewel tones of my natural surroundings but I am loving for the colder, darker colorless months right now.