MAC Viva Glam VI

4.4

on 4/16/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm so in love! This is the first MAC lipstick I've bought, I love many of the other colors but the the consistency always got me. The normal lippes I liked were too drying, and the sheen supremes were too messy without a liner, so I always passed them by. I was at my MAC counter today to try on brick o la, which is lovely on me but I wanted something a little more natural. (Maybe I'll get it for fall.) The sales lady suggested Viva glam VI, it looks a little intimidating in the tube, almost like a silver bronze but on the lips its the loveliest neutral berry. Its what I wanted brick o la to be and I love it, its a surprisingly sexy neutral lol! Note: The swatch that you see on the website is waaay off, but the bigger picture of it is a little better for color reference.

on 2/12/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Found this after a long search at the MAC counter. First, I found One of a Kind limited edition shade and as luck would have it, they were out and had sent the rest of their stock back. Why??? So, we went on a search for something similar and found Viva Glam VI. This lipstick is a perfect rosy color with maybe a hint of brown on me - and not dark and not light It's in their lustre line so it is shimmery and not as long lasting as the cremesheens. Mac's website calls this color a warm terra-cotta plum, but I'm just not seeing the plum very much but I am seeing the tiniest hint of orange.

I think I found my favorite every day lipstick, though. It's easy enough to apply without lipliner and it is so gorgeous. It's really very beautiful and worth a try for neutral or warm toned gals.

Update: I had to lower the rating because the lasting power is terrible. 30 minutes later the color has faded by more than half and it loses all of its sheen that quickly, as well. My lips peeled like crazy, as well. I sent it back and got the Pro Long Wear in sweet ever after instead and have been much happier.

on 1/29/2012 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color isn't nude on me, it shows as a plum-brown on my complexion. I tend to like colors that look nude on my lips like Touch (warm neutral). But I still like this color for a "I want to look like I'm wearing lipstick", but nothing over the top. The texture feels great, it's light. I find it a nice autumn / winter color when you want to go a bit deeper in shades. To lighten the shade I put Viva Glam VI lipgloss on top, it tends to make it a bit pinker on my lips. I also use VS Wet which lightens it a bit to a mauve brown. This lipstick is a nice deeper shade for me. For reference, I wear NC45.

on 3/13/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I went to the MAC counter recently and the sales person recommended this color. I went looking for a nude lipstick and she recommended this neutral color. It is such a beautiful, sheer lipstick that it is almost difficult to describe. It almost blends in with the color of my lips with a nice sheen. I use it with the Chestnut l/l and I also topped it with the Sephora Ultra Lipgloss in Perfect Nude for more of a punch. I really love this color and I hope they continue to make it.

on 11/22/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my fav. lipstick right now, I'm NW30 and it's very flattering on me, a great everyday lipstick. I also love to smudge Red Enriched lipliner on and top with this..that combo is the perfect red for me, kind of like an earthy, adobe red..(this was recommended by a mac mua, and it's just perfect! Try it if you have a hard time with reds!) This has become HG for me, very versatile shade, love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a hard color to describe which is part of the reason I love it so. I'm one of those people who can go either warm or cool and Viva Glam VI can play right along with me. I'm pretty pale (I don't use MAC foundation so I have no idea what shade I would be) so I'm not sure this would work with all skin types, but it'as definitely one to test out.

on 10/26/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My natural lipcolor HG!! The color is truly a fantastic brown-pink, which really looks natural on my lips. It doesn't last very long though, I would love it if they made a longlasting version of this :)!

on 9/29/2010 11:22:00 AM

I will buy Viva Glam vi again simply because I have been searching for a certain shade of lipstick and this is it.
I once had a chanel lipstick that the color was just perfect and ran out of it. I could not reorder because it was no longer available. I have been looking since.
I found it.
Only better
And the formula feels silky and soft. It looks perfect. I like the creamy look of it on my lips and lightweight feel.
I love the neutral color because it will go with warm or cool shades well and it looks like a color that would look nice on many skintones.
A very good must have for the makeup bag for all occassions.

on 9/11/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE this color. I'm a NC50 in the center of my face and NW45 around the perimeter of my face.
I wear this with chestnut l/l and Viva Glam VI l/g. The look is a reddish, plum color. My boyfriend, who usually doesn't say anything about my makeup, always says that I look great when I'm wearing this combo. This is a great fall and winter color.

on 9/3/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this color. Nice mauvy, pinkish shade on my dark lips. Can almost form a mauvy neutral lip with this lippie

Recommended for Medium Skin