September 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

I love love love coconut oil! I use it as a body moisturizer, lip moisturizer, hair mask, makeup remover, and a face wash. I know it sounds crazy but I have really oily skin and I use this as a makeup removing face wash before I use my korres exfoliating cleanser. This is especially good for people who have dry skin because it leaves a moisturizing residue on your skin, but if you have oily skin like me I like to use a gentle exfoliating cleanser to get that off, but only really quick and it works great! It feels so silky on your skin.. I love the way it feels to wash my face with coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by OneEvening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I initially bought coconut oil for my hair, but I have ended up using it for my face instead as a moisturiser. My skin gets a little flaky where I have acne (classy), and I have a few wrinkles (namely across my forehead, and laugh lines). Lately after I have washed my face, I put on a decent amount of coconut oil, sometimes mixed in with rosehip, jojoba, or any other oil I have at the time, and let it soak into my skin for a while. I find when I wake up the next day my wrinkles have reduced, I would say it is due to my skin being rehydrated- especially since it seems to completely absorb into my skin within 15-20 minutes, no matter how much I put on.
Even though I have large pores and hormonal acne (which I'm now treating on medication), I haven't found that this breaks me out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Besides its obvious cooking uses, this has been a staple in my beauty routine.

First off, shaving! I've never had smoother legs!
Secondly, hair; whether it's mixed in a DIY max like olive oil, coconut oil, and egg white, or coconut oil and honey - it works amazing! I have such frizzy, dry hair that I hate straightening it but when I use those masks I love it. And also before my hair drys I lightly put some at the ends to protect my ends from splitting.
Third, my skin. I have oily skin with huge pores, so I was not expecting coconut oil to actually perform well with my skin type. I use it to remove my makeup, which it does fantastically, and it pulls a lot of the impurities from my pores. That's saying a lot because I have crazy stubborn clogged pores! For reference, I lightly coat areas of my face and rub it in with a warm wash cloth.

A little goes a long way so use sparingly (especially if you're oily). I'd definitely recommend this for any skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some people say that this clogs their pores and it makes their skin feel oily and greasy. Well, it's oil. If you have oily skin, bypass this product. Your skin already naturally produces enough oil to keep your skin looking good, unlike us dry skinned folk over here.

If you have dry skin, give this a try but keep in mind the following:
-DON'T use this every day
-Apply a THIN layer after washing your face and 20-30 minutes before makeup/bedtime
-Massage it into your skin. Don't let it just sit on your pores.

If you use it sparingly and 2-3x a week it will make you feel refreshed and wonderful. If you use too much too often it will drag you down and make you feel oily and gross. That's basically all there is to using this stuff as a moisturizer. You can also use it as a makeup remover (but for people with oily skin it'll add to their problem) as well as a facial mask if the mood so suits you.

I only gave 4/5 for packaging because it can be really messy and leak. The outside also gets all slippery and oily if you're not careful so keep it in a cool place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

JESUS IN A JAR

That's what this is, folks. This has so many great uses, it's completely natural, and I can pick up a jar from just about all grocery stores (unrefined, virgin) for under $8. Let me just give a quick run down of all of my uses for it:

-makeup remover
-facial moisturizer (use sparingly)
-hair leave in/conditioner/overall moisturizer (use sparingly)
-stir fries
-general cooking or baking
-tanning oil
-body moisturizer

This stuff is just MAGNIFICIENT. My only cautions with it are that you just use a very small amount on your face, as it can break you out if you're not careful.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my jar of organic extra virgin coconut oil from Sprouts. I believe the brand is Natures Way. Currently using it as a makeup remover and it working great for that. I use to use the clear red foaming cleanser by Clean n Clear to remove a face full of makeup( I always wear full coverage foundation when I wear makeup) but that never took off everything because I would always see remnants of makeup after I'd use toner as well as sting the crap out of my eyes. The coconut oil on the other hand does great at removing everything and doesn't sting my eyes at all. It smells amazing and leaves my face soft after I wash it off with a warm wash cloth. Because I have oily skin I do feel like there is a slight oily film after I wipe my face with the wash cloth so I'll usually do a final scrub with a mild cleanser from Trader Joe's and the results are great IMO. My face feels squeaky skin and soft. There's a *glow* to my skin everytime I remove my makeup and wash my face with this method. Most importantly, it doesn't break me out but that might not be the case if I use this as a moisturizer. Could have the potential of clogging pores if left to sink into skin for longer periods. The only reason why I'm giving it 4stars is because of the packaging. Oil gets everywhere, so I'm going to pick up an empty dispenser bottle from Target to transfer this to.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by CroatBoat

I gave it many chances, and the first time I opened it and smelled it I loved it and wanted to believe it would help with my skin issues.
3+ years later, I've uses it every way possible. But I really regret putting it on my face. So many clogged pores, im not kidding. And those things dont just fall out, have to extract them and wait months for the little scar to fade. And yet people kept telling me to rub more oil into them to "slip them out" lol.
It sits on the face and clogs, and makes hair limp and stringy. Im done with this naturopath hype.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ahh, coconut oil. Amazing on the skin: I have ridiculously dry skin in the winter, add to that the irritating anti-acne products that I use and you have peeling and flaking-- disgusting stuff. I used aquaphor, eucerin, covered my face in that stuff every night and it didn't help, I just woke up all greasy and disgusting.

Started using just this and african black soap, and it was MIRACULOUS. Healed all of the peeling and flaking and returned my sad skin to health. It sinks it really nicely and leaves your face baby soft-- I can't stop touching my face ever since I started using it! My skin felt so horrible and rough before, and now it feels amazing and smooth.

It's also amazing as a makeup remover, as a face wash, as a hair conditioner, and it smells subtle and yummy! You can cook with it, but I have not yet tried myself.

You can also use it as an awesome lip balm, it restores lips really quickly.

Overall 10/10 miracle product! Only thing is, it could clog pores so you don't want to use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by AtomicPlaygirl

I buy the tub found in the medicine aisle, Natures Way. Put it on the ends of my hair 3x a week, rub the remainder onto my scalp. Makes hair super shiny and smooth without weighing it down. Smells yum too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by annasupertramp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coconut Oil for president!

Seriously. Believe the hype. Or you'll never know what you're missing out on.