Revlon Lottabody Setting Lotion

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, DMDM HYDANTOIN, PEG-40 LANOLIN, POLYSORBATE 20, FRAGRANCE, METHYLPARABEN, D&C RED #33, FD&C BLUE #1

on 2/15/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using LottaBody for yearrrrsssssss now since I was a little girl. I have relaxed shoulder length hair and this product keeps roller set curls, pin curls, straw curls, flexi & perm rod styles for days! I love it, it's my staple product!

on 12/4/2011 11:55:00 AM

Dude, this shit is AMAZING.

Me: Thick Asian hair that holds neither volume nor curls.
Me + Lottabody diluted (1:4? I don't remember): Curls that last for days. Curls that I can't brush out.

This stuff turns my hair into some kinda curl-holding mutant. It's MAGIC. Stuff lasts until I wash my hair again.

So HG.

on 10/2/2011 7:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An absolute MUST for any gal interested in learning to pincurl her hair and work with vintage hairstyling, as well as any gal who uses rollers regularly.

Lottabody is a setting lotion. Just so we are clear: setting lotion is not gel. It is a liquid. As in, it is runny like water. It is applied to wet hair before rolling or waving. It helps hold curl in hair -- for days, if needed! It's used in dilution, so everyone has to figure out what strength works best for them... but once you do, your curls will be the most beautiful they have ever been. Lottabody helps me avoid frizz in my fine, wavy hair when I am setting it either on rollers or in pincurls. It's amazingly cheap, so effective, and generally wonderful. Top notch!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've played around this this setting product for a few weeks now. I find myself using it every day no matter what my style is. Firstly, I did have to play around with the strength a few times. It was either somewhat crusty or watery. The perfect solution for me is a 1 to 4 ratio. I have very VERY fine, impossibly straight shoulder length hair, that's been processed blonde. My hair has literally no frizz or curl to it, and as a result it's super flat. I lightly spray Lottabody to my hair after I shower (along with Aveda's phomollient foam). I blow dry my hair and leave it if I'm not curling it. It's super soft with a ton of volume. If I'm going to curl or set my hair I'll lightly spray it again with the Lottabody. I proceed with either hot rollers, a curling iron, or dry foam rollers. I only give my hair another spray of Lottabody if I'm using dry rollers without heat.
With Lottabody I don't need to spray my hair with hairspray until it's finished. My curls hold all day no matter what the temperature is. I can't get over how cheap this stuff is. I bought a small bottle and it will easily last me months. This has quickly become one of my HG hair products.
Update: Motions Foaming Wrap lotion is exponentially better then this product. I found with Lottabody, my hair was getting crusty and if I diluted it, it didn't hold. I'm not going to be using this product again!

on 3/24/2010 4:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have straight, thick, bra-strap length hair with long layers. I spray this on my wet hair after showering, and before spraying heat protectant. Then I do my blow out with large brush and blow dryer to get soft, big waves. Thanks to Lottabody, I don't need to use any hairspray to keep the big curls, so they are soft and move. The Lottabody seems to help cut down on my blowdry time. There is no scent to the product.

Only 4 lippies as I have not been able to try this out in higher humidity yet (it's spring in L.A. and has not been rainy lately). Will update; hopefully my curls will hold even in hot weather and sweat!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I think this broke me out. It seemed like I was getting breakouts when I was using it, so I quit and my skin got better. Also, I have to say, I think I had *less* body to my hair when I was using it. Do not want.

on 12/23/2009 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After discovering I had a Sally's nearby (woot!) I decided to try this based on the reviews here.
I have very fine, limp hair that I have permed to add body. However, the perm has grown out quite a bit so I have to use a setting lotion when I roller-set (I like big, soft curls as opposed to the small perm curls).
Normally, I use an inexpensive mousse or watered-down hairspray but thought I'd give this a shot. I diluted it 3:1 according to the directions, sprayed evenly and set my hair. After my hair had dried (part air dry, part dryer with heat) I removed the curlers.
Initially, the set was strong; I had to rake my hands through it to tone it down a bit. However, after only 4 hours, it started to lose volume. After 8 hours, it wasn't quite flat but had lost it's bounce. Not impressive, especially since it was a humidity-free winter day.
One thing I will say is that it does leave your hair shiny so one point for that. Another for holding the curls and one for the frizz control.
Will try again at a 2:1 ratio and see if that holds better.

on 11/15/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my absolute favorite for rollersetting. my naturally thick/curly loves this product! i dulute it 1 part lottabody to 2 parts water, rollerset, then either wear it in curls or blow dry it straight. the result is so shiny with alot of body and swing, and it stays that way for at least 5 days.

on 4/30/2009 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I never heard of this product until the saleslady recommended this. I went to the beauty store just to buy curlers but she said I needed this. I bought it only because of her and I was not able to check the reviews on MUA like I normally do. I used it on my hair before I put my curlers on. You have to dilute it with water and put it in a spray bottle. It set my curls nicely and they look so smooth and shiny. They made my curls last long. My hair gets frizzy and it is dry and this really toned it down and made my hair look healthy. Love it. I would buy it again.

on 8/3/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I, too, was very pleased with lottabody whenever I did wet sets. It gave good hold and made my hair look shiny. My hair still had bounce. The bottle sucks, so I transfered it to another bottle to avoid messy spills. I bought mine at Sally's for less than five bucks and you get a good sized bottle of this stuff.