July 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by allison2106

Was excited to use this but was let down badly. The consistency is nice however after applying the product it turns to a grey colour on my skin and goes patchy. It's also terrible with regards to transfer. I really don't recommend mousse products they don't settle on the skin or accede with it as other formulas like liquids! Really don't bother wasting money on this. There's much better products around.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I tried this foundation in Target I liked it so much, that grabbed it right away ( usually I try a couple of times and then buy). In the store after applying it my skin looked almost perfect, but I didn't take into account that I had another foundation on the face...
    Now, one month later I have mixed feelings about it. I LOVE the airy texture and the way it feels on my skin ( like there is no make up), but I am not very happy the way it looks. My skin looks very dry even with a moisturizer and primer. I am still experimenting with it, trying to use different primers and moisturizers . I really like this foundation and going to use it up, but probably it's not for my skin.
    And also, the finish is lighter than it appears in the jar. I have fair complexion and I am using buff 15, which seemed dark to me, but it adjusted to my skin tone and looks natural .

For those with dry skin I would recommend to exfoliate and moisturizer your skin really good before applying the foundation, so it won't flake.

Update: no matter how I try to moisturizer my face it still accentuates dry patches and looks flaky. I used argan oil and coconut and it still the same. Another downside for me is that it easily comes off on the clothes. The high collar of my downcoat is all in makeup. I didn't notice any of my foundations and powders do it, only this one.
    Will update In late spring and summer when my skin will not be that dry (hopefully).

Update.......................................................
    Even though I don't see this foundation on shelves of Target I still want to praise it.
    This is a very decent foundation for those who need coverage and for ladies with oily skin. As I said earlier it's too drying for me in winter but I started to use in summer and still using in the beginning of October. This time of the year I'm very pleased the way it mattifys my skin and makes my face look less shiny. I do brush over a powder it and in the middle of the day i feel like i have to do it again to avoid shine, but it quite normal for my seasonally oily skin.
    Overall, this is a good product with affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by TabbsW89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!. I chose it because I liked that it had retinol vitamin A in it, because I do have oily acne prone skin and it would help clear it, and it did just that. I used it with my fingers and applied it VERY LIGHTLY. It is so easily used too heavily because I was used to liquids before and I thought you would have to use the same amount, but no. A single light finger swipe in the jar covered everything on my face and I didnt even have to use powder. It controlled my oil for about 4 hours, then I started to get shiny, but thats ok because before I would be oily after 1 hour. And it only runs about a dollar more than some of the better loreal, revlon and covergirl foundations. Not to mention, it lasts me 6 months with everyday use!!!!! I wish they had a better shade selection though!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this is my SUMMER time HOLY GRAIL. Oh my goodness. I used my powder brush because it said it was kind of powdery and stippled this on and it was amazing, with almost nothing on, everything was covered. It has a heavy look which is why I took off a lippie. I am asian, but I live in Arizona so I am a VERY tan asian. I was skeptical getting the shade "almond" because of my olive skin, Well, I think that it had very pink undertones. I can't get away with wearing it now, but it is my exact shade in the summer time, so I wait with glee until the time arrives.

SUMMARY: Great product. Dries powdery, can look over done and does not look completely natural. Full coverage. People say you can work your way up to full coverage but it not full it's at least a very very high medium to full full full coverage. It's great.

UPDATE: I still agree with everything I said previously but I tried this again with the left half of my face with a liquid foundation and the right with this. Wow, I was just so ignorant to how CAKEY this looks. So I guess I still say that it is full coverage, but with that to get it to the point to be full coverage (I built it up usually to cover my hyperpigmentation) it WILL look cakey! There's just no way around it. I blame it on the fact that I think the whole premise of the foundation is in a way cream/mousse to powder which looks terrible when building.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

OMG!!! This foundation is amazing!!! It blends beautifully and a little goes a long way.. The color blonde matches perfectly with my pale yellow toned asian skin!! It dries to a matte finish! You do not even need to powder, but I have to powder to set my makeup. This foundation is known to transfer, so setting it with a powder is a must so that it doesnt transfer!!

Pros:
    Light matte powder finish
    Blends beautifully
    Yellow undertoned
    Doesn't settle in creases
    Medium-full coverage without looking fake or cakey
    A lot of product!!
    No harsh chemicals like parabens and etc!!!!
    Contains anti-aging chemicals!!
    Great for non-flash photography

Cons:
    Only available for pale skin tones
    Only yellow undertones
    Can transfer without powdering
    Not for normal to dry skin
    Expensive for drugstore brand ($13.99 but oh so worth it!!)
    Glass jar
    Oil control is mediocre.. ( 3 hours, my nose is dewey... 4-5 hours, my face is dewey)
    Not good for photos due to the minerals in the foundation

This foundation is amazing and pretty flawless!! It is close to being HG for me.. but I will have to see with the oil control but on cold days, it holds up well... But everything else is amazing!! Sooooo beautiful! I highly recommend for those with oily acne prone skin!! It creates a flawless face without looking fake and cakey!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Almond, which is the darkest shade they have. It was extremely yellow and chalky. I didn't leave it on long enough to experience the oil control and ended up returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TAG145

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is really nice. I know people have said it's dark, but you need to rub it on your face and it lightens up. I have marks on my face from melasma and past acne and this covers it up nicely, plus it has a powdery finish. I am oily so it doesn't control that all that well, but it could be worse. If I don't put additional finishing powder on, then I see oil breathrough about 6-7 hrs after and then I just blot off with blotting papers. The color selection isn't that great-I use Buff for having a little summer color, but bought Ivory for the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sofia9714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation for people who have blemishes or dark circles to conceal. It has full coverage, a matte finish, and even application. I do not have to reapply at all, and my foundation still looks good at the end of the day. The cons are: you have to be very sparing in your application, because if you put to much, it will get very cakey, and, because of the yellow undertone, look kind of green. However, if you are fair, do not use this product. I can use this foundation in the summer, but during the rest of the year even the lightest shade is too dark. I've noticed this is the case with all the Boots no 7 face products. Also, now that i'm running out, it is difficult to get the product off the sides of the jar because of the shape. I will not be repurchasing this because of the color, but if you are fairly tan to dark and want a full coverage, try this out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by bfabulous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased two of these in different shades after seeing the glowing reviews on Target's website. It's not the worst foundation I've ever tried but it's up there. Both shades looked very chalky and made me look older. They went back to the store. I don't understand the great reviews unless it's Boots employees writing them up. This was a first for me, taking makeup back to Target...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Lillyboo

Love love love this foundation! So so easy to blend! And it looks flawless! It just sucks that there are no colors for darker woman ! Which needs to be fixed! But overall try it you wont regret it(: