April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Other - Ulta - Ulta- whole store

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

At the Ulta in my location, I have been lucky enough not to encounter too many rude or unpleasant sales associates like many others seem to... For the most part, they seem to not know much about their products, but they are always pleasant enough. My only complaint would be the fact that they claim there is no waiting list for products and they have never once offered to order what I have been looking for (I have been looking for the Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream for at least the last month and a half and each time had the associate go look in the drawers and the back for me, and always made other purchases while I am in the store so the trip was not a complete waste of time). So, if the shalves were stocked more, I may not have an issue shopping here. Also, my Ulta is not very generous with the samples they have behind the counter, even when making a large purchase. I was also informed during my last visit that the samples shown in the magazine only apply to online orders and not purchases made in store.

I do appreciate the fact that I can get all my drugstore and a number of high end products in one location, which is nice. But if the nearest Sephora wasn't an hour and a half away, I definitely would shop there for these products instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I love that Ulta carries an array of both drugstore and Salon/High end products so I can easily pick up some Banana Boat sunscreen and a bottle of Redken Cleansing Cream for example. My lcoal Ulta stores are actually pretty clean, well-stocked, and if they don't have what I came in for, the SAs usually tell me when they are expecting new orders or if I need to go on a waiting list to ensure I get the product.Yes, I have had a couple of bad experiences with some rude SAs and I either ignore them (Most of time I know what I am coming in for so don't need their help or attitudes anyway) or report them to the manager if they are being too overt with their rudeness. Another thing I enjoy is being able to use the coupon in their sales catalog. It helps when I am buying multiple things. The liter sales are wonderful if you know what you like in your haircare and want to save some money. I have never ordered anything from their website, but will have to try it out one day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

My local Ulta is great. The store is clean and organized well. I like that it carries a mix of HE products and drugstore. I also love the gift with purchase specials they have with the HE brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by saveyourheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Ulta SA are so rude to me. I asked one of the girls if I could try a sample of a primer that I clearly saw a box of small samples of behind the counter and she said no we don't have any. Always rude service. Never anyone to help.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by payjark

My local Ulta is awesome! The SAs are surprisingly kind and helpful (I've been to some with some pretty god awful SAs) and the store is very organized. I go here for mostly DS items that I can never seem to find anywhere else, such as NYX and Essence. I wish they stocked the DS side more often because usually the NYX lipsticks are all gone. But, they always have great sales! So I will continue buying from this location until I move. I prefer Sephora for HE sales, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to make an order on ULTA.com for days and continue to encounter problems resulting in the message, "We are experiencing difficulty processing your order. Please try again later or use another payment method". Despite trying three different internet browsers, using a payment method that is successful on several other major websites, attempting at different times of the day, etc. there has been no resolution. The response I get from their customer service team? A standard response that is copied and pasted, saying to check that my details are correct. It seems to me that they don't care if they have customers or not. Lastly, I just discovered that with each attempt I made there is now a pending charge on my account! It is not worth all the time and hassle, I would highly recommend going with Sephora or Walgreen's for your beauty and cosmetic products as they make shopping a pleasant experience and manage their businesses professionally. Do an internet search for 'problems with ULTA website' and apparently this is a recurring issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a mix of DS and HE brands, so Ulta suits my needs better than Sephora does. I save a lot of money with their DS brand sales, not just with makeup, but with skincare as well. Im a platinum member, which means my points never expire and I can cash them in at any time to save money on my purchases. Personally, I feel like their points system is MUCH better than Sephoras. You need as little as 100 points to save 3.50 on a purchase, which can also be coupled with the 3.50 off 10$ coupons they have all the time. I know some people are annoyed that you cant use those coupons on some prestige brands, but it really just comes down to reading the fine print. Ulta DOES send out 20% off prestige coupons from time to time.

The staff can be hit or miss, anyone who reads this website regularly usually knows more about makeup than most Ulta staff members. It just comes down to knowing what you want and seeking it out, MUA is better for reviews on products than someone who only works at Ulta part time. I will always go there for makeup and skin care purchases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

While many reviewers on this site tell true horror stories of mean and nasty SA's whose looks could kill, I've had a rather different experience with my Ulta.
To begin, the SA's there are fantastic! There are some truly spectacular ones who go out of their way for customers. I was once on a desperate hunt for a specific NYX product, so the manager called another Ulta farther away, found out they had one left, and drove over to get it for me. That is service. The worst SA experience so far has been ones that are only average. I haven't the slightest idea what their training program is like, but they rock it.
But this is where my love for Ulta ends. I shop there for two main reasons; sales, and because they are the ONLY store within a 15 minutes distance that sells NYX and Essence. NYX happens to be one of my all-time favorite makeup brands, and Essence has some old standbys of mine. I love browsing around, but those two displays frequently look like a tornado passed through them. Customers test whatever whenever, despite signs asking them not to, and more than once I've had to exchange these products when I brought them home and discovered they had been tested. The displays are also frequently messy and not too well cared for. To solve this, I'll call ahead of time to see when the next shipment is due, so I can get my hands on my favorite products, and hopefully it'll be stocked to the point where if an item has been tested, it wont be the only one in stock.
I really wish Ulta would take care of this testing issue. While they have marked a few items as testers (like foundation and primers) other items like eye shadow are pretty much anybody's game.
Overall, I do love my Ulta. Where else can you get drugstore and department in the same location? I'm not sure, but I'll continue to shop there...just using more caution than should be necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by becky39

A new Ulta sprouted up near our community and though I had heard of them I had never been in one of their stores, I had to check it out immediately! The store is huge, clean and organized, the SA are very nice and don't hover. I like that Ulta also carries the cheaper brands, being the bargain hunter I am, sometimes I just don't want to pay $20.00 for a mascara! I do feel the staff at Sephora is more in the know when it comes to the lines they carry though. I don't like that they don't do perfume samples, I love that Sephora gives out perfume samples, but some of the Sephoras do not carry some of the scents I want to try out and Ulta does (I decide on perfumes over a 2-3 day span). All in all, I do like the store but I like Sephora best.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by alessap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to the Ulta in Las Vegas when I was going through town a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice clean store, and they really tried to be helpful.
I thought they were lovely people but they really didn't seem to know much about any of the smaller brands they carry, and they also don't have a lot of stock in - the shelves are full on the big names and practically empty on any smaller brands. Since I like to try to support newcomers to the market, and I rely on the store people to help me with what's good and what they love, I was disappointed.

That said, the customer service was excellent - not their fault they have not been properly trained on the products, for sure! I wonder who is in charge of that?