December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Jenbell94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing.

My skin is so oily I have to go to a dermatologist - it's bad:(.

Basically, this is a fab foundation although I do not like how the brush is attached to the bottle - much better if it was separate.

It keeps my skin fresh for about 4 hours when i have a setting powder on top - this is a long period of time for me!, usually foundations only last about 30 minutes to an hour before my face looks all cakey :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by laurenbrad1

I first purchased this foundation July lasy year and when it ran out in December, I thought I would try another foundation because I wasn't too pleased with the length of time it lasted. When I looked at my face half way through the day, there was basically no foundation one there.
But, after trying new a new fashion fair foundation (which I absoultely hated), I just had to buy back this foundation.
I was pleasantly suprised to find that the foundation lasted a lot longer than before, maybe because the formula was changed. I still do need to touch up on parts of my face, but compared to before, hardly any.
I also recognised that the foundation now contains UVA protection, which is an added bonus!
The only reason I would not give this foundation 5/5 is because of the brush. The foundation will obviously build up on it, but I find it is quite hard to clean. It is practically impossible to clean every part and get it completely clean, especially without ruining the brush....
Although it could be better, I love this foundation. The natural look of it gives a flawless finish without looking as if you have just slapped half a tub of foundation on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by beules

I love this foundation and have just repurchased. I have purchased it again especially for my wedding day.I love the smell and coverage it gives. It gives you a radiant glow and is buildable. I don't need a lot on my forehead and chin but I need more on my cheeks and the brush gives you control to make coverage as light/ heavy as you need. One word of warning - make sure the bottle is turned off - otherwise you're in for a rather expensive foundation overload in the lid! I am a fair NW20 and I use shade 5. High end and expensive buy totally justifiable! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Guimaraes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It does everything it promises. Beautiful and flawless skin, and really durable. My skin is very oily and this foundation is my love in the summer and winter. I'm NC20 and I use 4. To illustrate, I've tried Mac, Guerlain, Clinique, Revlon, Maybelline, Milani, Nix, Dior, Lancome, Shiseido ... Nothing compares to this foundation!! Sorry my english, I hope I have helped.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation on and off for about 8 months. I normally wear it to work and at the weekends for day-wear.
I have to say that I really like it. I wear it in shade 7 which is probably slightly too dark for me as I am very pale but I just make sure to blend well and apply bronzer to make neck.
I like the coverage this foundation gives. I would describe it as medium coverage and it's possile to build it up. I have dry skin and I don't find that this foundation adds to my dryness though I'm not sure I'd call it hydrating. As far as lasting power is concerned, I'd say that it lasts the who day but it is not something that will last into the late hours. It does tend to fade as the day goes on.
The brush is a bit annoying though so I would just squeeze it on my hand and use my fingers instead.
I like the finish this foundation gives and so I wear it very regularly. I also get compliments on my skin when I wear it.
I would definitely buy it again. It's expensive enough but you get 40mils in the container which is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I struggle to understand how people find this foundation to be hydrating - I find it really drying. It is also not great coverage. Think you need to have lovely young dewy skin in the first place to really like it! I have found that it works quite well mixed with ELDW. The ELDW gives it more coverage and in turn it reduces the coverage of ELDW and gives it a bit of its light-reflecting qualities! Obviously the whole combo is fairly drying though. So - yes - I would buy again to mix it in this way as the mix is the best foundation I can find. Why can't a company bring out a good moisturising light reflecting foundation?? I WISH this one was thicker and not so chalky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Colour range too restricted for paler complexions. And, the dispensing brush method will not be for everyone. Consistency a little too much on the heavy-creamy side for combination skin.

Probably best for those (with drier complexions) seeking a proper 'made-up' look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by amyl122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This has been my everyday foundation for a while now, and it is great! It is very light, so I'd recommend it is an everyday foundation, not for night when you may need a little thicker. It doesn't last very long, unfortunately, and I find I have to put on a few layers to get a decent coverage. But it is a beautiful coverage when applied correctly, and your skin glows when applied! I'd definitely recommend it, but only if you are looking for a very light coverage. Also smells amazing! HG for everyday foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by eva026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I find the foundation very creamy, it glides on and gives my skin a healthy dewy look. I have dry skin and it moisturises nicely and doesn't make my face feel "pulled tight" after I put it on. However, I am not sure how it would look on oily or combination skin, I imagine that it could slide off but don't take my word for it.
The staying power isn't great and it transfers very easily. I have to wipe my phone clean every time I use it and keep far away from white shirts.
Up to now I have only needed light coverage but my skin has changed and this foundation is easy to layer over the parts I want covered more.
The biggest disadvantage is the packaging. I get the idea of the attached brush but it just does not work! It is impossible to see how much you are squeezing out. I always end up either getting too little or way, way too much and this happens every single time. At the start I thought it was just a question of learning how it use it properly, but 6 months down the line I still find it frustrating.

All in all too much hassle with the constant touch-ups throughout the day and the irritating packaging. The bottle is almost finished and I'm not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fairly light coverage foundation. Honestly, because my skin's already pretty good, it doesn't even look all that much like I'm wearing foundation when I'm wearing this. However, there's 2 really great points to this foundation -

1. The heavenly smell. It smells like roses (?). It just smells so fresh. I love it!

2. The finish. Okay so I really didn't think YSL Perfect Touch was all that great until I was looking through some photos of a friend's birthday party. And in the photos my skin looked fantastic. It was like it was almost glowing. And that's when I remembered I was wearing Perfect Touch that night. And by glowing, I don't mean greasy. It just looked amazingly luminous. Perhaps it was just a fluke that night... but then again, perhaps not.