December 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Almay Line Smoothing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I was looking for a light coverage, easy to apply powder to wear over my sunblock. And this is just it. It takes away the shine but doesn't dry my skin out. It evens out my complexion and hides minor discolorations and that's all I need. It's also buildable to a certain degree. Feels very comfortable and I don't look like I'm wearing any powder or foundation, it just blends with my skin to give me a naturally better complexion. The shade light is perfect. I can compare it to a Clinique Almost powder only it doesn't have any spf which is a pitty. But on the other hand, I find it way easier to apply, you don't have to be super careful not to overapply it like with Almost powder which will look caky if you overcross the line. It's also easier to touch up without looking like you piled up tons of powder. Obviously, it can be used over foundation for a better coverage and shine reduction. Just be carefull not to touch it with wet fingers, it will melt right away. All in all, it's a great, simple, no fuss product with some nice moisturizing ingredients. Just use a good brush instead of the mini puff that comes with it. And if you have a very oily skin, it might not be enough.
UPDATE: No, you can't compare it to Clinique Almost Powder, which I learned how to apply propperly since writing this review. But it's still a nice powder for light coverage and I'm still using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Almay is my favorite drugstore brand, and I have tried this powder, as well as the Clear Complexion powder, and the new TLC powder, and this one is my favorite. The CC powder turns ORANGE as soon as it hits my skin, and the TLC powder has a chemical sunscreen, which I try to stay away from. I use this in "Light", which is a nice neutral shade, and apply using a fluffy brush, it sets makeup well, and doesn't look cakey, even with touch-ups on my oily t-zone, and it doesn't oxidize. Absorbs oil, without overly drying your skin and making it appear flaky like some powders can. I think the packaging is adorable too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this powder to work b/c I am trying to save money right now. My usual Estee Lauder powder just does not fit into my budget at the moment. So, I got this and boy I am disappointed. I know I should probably not try to compare Almay to EL but wow - this stuff is so cakey and heavy that it is just awful. I thought maybe I was being too heavy-handed but even when I used the lightest touch possible, my face looked so powdery that it literally made me look older. EEEK! Not what I want from any cosmetic product. This is definitely going back to the store and I will continue to find a temporary replacement for my HG Aeromatte.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best Powder I have tried so far for my dry skin and at a reasonable price. Got mines for 8.99 at a sale at Rite Aid. For the most part my skin looks completely natural but I can still see a little bit of flakiness. however I have eczema AND the dryest skin EVER so that is probably why I am always flaky after putting on powder. I am pretty fair and I was nervous about getting the lighest color which is a couple shades even lighter than my Sonia Kashuk Powder but on my skin and on a powder puff it is obvious that the color comes out a bit darker and not as yellow as I expected. It also does not feel or look cakey at all. Even when I tried to create a heavier layer to see how bad it would cake up by packing it on. Great powder! i would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really am liking this powder! This comes in a smallish compact. No extra place to keep the puff (which by the way should be replaced with a better one since the one it comes with is a cheapo one) The compact itself is not that cute looking but its functional and its the powder that makes or breaks the deal and its definately worth buying! This feels good on the skin...not drying at all. Sets makeup and looks good if you need to touch up during the day. I find that this "smoothes" my complextion but the claims that its "line smoothing" ??? I doubt that. However there are definately some powders that accentuate lines and this one at least does not do that. I'm using the lightest shade and I think its a nice neutral shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by juldougherty

I LOVE THIS POWDER. It is perfect for the areas on my face that are dry because it doesn't make my skin flaky. It also does an awesome job of getting rid of shine without make my face look completely one dimensional. I always stock up on this whenever there is a buy one get one on almay. I reccomend this to anyone with combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I have dry skin and an oily t-zone. This product matched my skin perfectly and doesnt break me out. I apply with a powder brush instead of the pad, and it looks so natural. I dont feel like I have anything on. It seals my concealer- even after swimming in the ocean! I live in a very tropical and humid place and it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder by Almay claims to have some sort of line smoothing capabilities. I haven't really noticed that but it does function well as a standard pressed powder to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day. It seems to work as well as or better than even more expensive powders. The compact isn't that cute (I'm a sucker for cute packaging) but it works and hasn't broken on me yet. A good product for a fair price. I would purchase this again. Minus only one lippie because it doesn't actually smooth lines at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by skitty702

I've bought this product many times. I'm hooked on it. I have oily skin so I have to reapply the powder a lot. I've tried the clear complexion* yellow compact* but the color in light is not the same as the line smoothing one. So I'll stick to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by DropPopShawty305

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff... doesnt look cakey and thick and sets my makeup beautifully. I use it in combo with nearly naked liquid makeup.