December 19, 2014 | 1442 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste Powder Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

i got this in 65, espielge as a gift. i love this bludh. such a pretty pink peachy colour. its a natural colour for my nc30 skin :)
the shimmer isnt so bad.
the price though is... oh my god. lol.
but if i have that kind of money, i would get it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ladies and girls! Purchase this blusher now, if you haven't had it one.This is the best blusher I ever had.My bf bought me the ultra rose.It's a bubblegum neon pink,but when I apply it on my cheeks,it looks natural even tought i have warm undertone.I know hat the ultra rose is more suitable for people with cool undertone skin but my cheeks glow rosy pink afterwards.One more, it longlasts.this powder is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Hottie560

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this one in colour Rose Initiale from the Chanel Fall 2012 collection and it is indeed a very pretty light but very nicely pigmented blush. It smells like roses and it always gave me a nice warmth to my cheeks. I would recommend this one to fair - medium skin though as on darker skin I feel this colour being too heavy. The texture is very smooth and lasted for ca. 7 hours on my skin. For everyone who is interested: get it in a duty free store. The only downside I find is the annoying little brush that always comes with blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these blushes. I am a little bit of a blush addict and have a lot. I am embarrassed to admit I have 4 of the JC blushes - Orchid Rose (my favorite), Tempting Beige (very close in color to Orchid Rose, my backup now that Orchid Rose has been DC'd), Fleur d' Lotus (A Nordstrom exclusive or limited edition or something), and Rose Bronze. I found myself wearing Fleur d' Lotus a lot this summer, its a brighter pink with some coral that looks very fresh and pretty especially with a little bronzer. Orchid Rose has been my every day blush for quite a while now - perfect with almost anything and foolproof. Tempting Beige is a little more neutral and nude but very close in color to Orchid Rose. Now that Orchid Rose is discontinued I'll most likely be making it my every day blush and save my Orchid Rose for special occasions!
These blushes are so soft, pretty,and hard to over-do. They look glowy and perfect without ever being too glittery. Worth every single penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in #72, the autumn collection. Well, I used Chanel blushes like 5 years ago, and because of the price, I bought alternatives. So I just decided to come back to this as a treat for myself, and found that I still do love them! :) the powder is very smooth and buildable. And, it last all day. I'm a lazy girl, I don't carry a makeup pouch with me to touch up, so basically it's just prim in the morning and out the door I go. Using this blush, I still have pinky cheeks when I meet my friends at 8pm after work. The packaging is classic Chanel, a black opaque shiny box with the pretty logo. Hm... There is a downside to this, imagine having like 10 blushes and needing to makeup in a rush, I would have to flip all 10 over to find the shade that I want. Ok, no biggie since I'm not a big spender on Chanel (yet). The mirror is large and usable, the brush that comes with it is usable but I prefer using a large brush. I find myself picking this blush almost everyday and yes, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by ipatieva

I love this blush. First of all I love the rose scent and i love love love the colour on my skin (I'm wearing Orchid Rose). The colour is subtle thus it gives me a natural glow. It is also hard to flub so this is good news for me as I can go out of control sometimes with blush. However, I do feel that it does not last long enough as I would want it to be (max 5 hours). It could be because I don't apply foundation when I use this (my daily beauty regime is moisturiser, eyeliner, mascara,blusher and lipstick only). Maybe with foundation it will last longer. However I don't mind re-applying this as I love the rose scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my first JC during the Nordstrom anniversary sale, in Fleur de Lotus (#69). Was a bit pricey (around $50) but I've been wanting to splurge on a Chanel blush for a long time. This product really does live up to the positive reviews! First off, the color- Fleur de Lotus is a beautiful warm pink with a hint of coral. This *almost* reminds me of Nars O, without the gold sheen and all the tacky glitter. Fleur de lotus emits more of a natural "sheen" rather than glitter and sparkles. On the skin this gives off the most gorgeous healthy glow (NC30-35 for reference). It looks so natural and flattering on my skin tone.
Chanel JCs have a strong fresh rose scent which I LOVE, it makes applying this product an even more pleasant experience. Those who are sensitive to scents/hate rose scents may want to steer clear.
The texture is very finely milled and powdery, this has the BEST texture of all the blushes I have tried. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, I feel this blush was well worth the cost!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fleur de Lotus is highly pigmented and creamy smooth, and it somehow makes my cheeks glow without any obvious glitter or shimmer particles. It's a flattering peachy-pink-coral on my NC/NW15 skin, a softer version of Deep Throat or theBalm's Frat Boy. I also love that it smells like roses, which makes me feel fancier than I actually am lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by romina74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Joues Contraste Pink Explosion. I'm a NW15-NW20. When I came home, I kept applying the powder but nothing showed up on my skin -- very little pigmentation. After about 10 swipes, I decided to return this.

For the price, there isn't any pigmentation. I would have to keep applying this, at which point, it would be thick looking. Back to Mac. I swiped several other blushes and there wasn't any color to them. There's really no excuse for this awful quality at $46 for a blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Very good product...but doesnīt work good with dry skin!
The smell is great, very typical from chanel, but the staying power is also not great... i donīt give it 3 stars because i used it so long, and the color was great...there are many other blushes that should get a 3, not this one...but it dries my skin and it doesnīt stay long...