Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.6

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Saw this recommended in Paula's choice. I hesitated a bit when seeing comments here......but then decided to have a try.

I am not sure if it is as good. I have dry and sensitive skin,. I have to change cosmetics products carefully or else I got allergic reaction very easily. I stick to using Physiogel which is fabulous in calming my allergic reactions but seems not effective enough in bringing any repair and lately I feel dry after using and that's why I want to have a change in the routine.

I just use sunscreen and blush so I think it s great enough to remove them. I like its texture too, smooth. Though still dry after use, I couldn't conclude if it s the problem of products or my problem.

on 8/16/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I usually use the cleansing balm from the same line, but I saw this version and decided to give it a try, thinking it would be the same thing in a pump lotion form. IT IS NOT! This stuff doesn't remove my makeup, it just makes a greasy mess on my face. It doesn't rinse away cleanly. It hurts like hell if it gets anywhere near my eyes! Like I'm dancing around the bathroom going "ow! ow! OW!". I thought it was such a bad product I honestly thought that Clinique ought to recall it and was surprised to read reviews that some people actually like it. Needless to say I returned it and got a fresh jar of cleansing balm instead and will never try the milk again unless it is reformulated.

on 6/12/2013 5:55:00 PM

PLEASE save your self the waste of money and pain of burning eyes on this "Cleansing Milk". Why oh why didn't I listen to all the reviews LOL? The product junkie in me thought it would work for me for some reason. Mainly I bought this to use as an eye makeup remover. My current HG for the last atleast 5 years has been Dior Purifying Cleansing Milk. As a facial cleanser, which it is meant for, is was way too much for my blemish/oily prone skin but very oddly using it as a gentle makeup remover on dry skin for my heavy eye makeup WOW works amazingly, better than cleansing oils I have used. And I just tissue off and my eye are literally flawlessly clean to where I don't even need to follow with cleansing. That is super convenient before bed and a rare find with cleansing milks and many don't come close for makeup removal. Perfect right, but no I was being greedy and wanted to find a replacement that was cheaper hence figured Clinique's Milk might do it. What sucks is yet shockingly it did remove all my eye makeup but at the price of my eyes being blood shot red and stinging like I poured acid in them even having them closed super tight. I find this absolutely insane considering this is meant of making removal on eyes/face and I don;t have sensitive eyes at all nor have ever had such a reaction. All the reviews were completely right. I tried TTDO Balm years ago which was a dud for me as well as didn't come close ot removing my heavy (non waterproof) eye makeup and contains mineral oil which my skin hates. Never straying from the Dior Purifying Milk again to say the least (even at a tad over $30 as I use this only for eye makeup it really lasts me over a years) and recommend it to anyone who wants the power of a cleansing oil in a gentle milk remover for dry skin that tissues off effortlessly. Clinique Cleansing Milk however, run far away if you plan on using this for eyes!

on 3/3/2013 8:18:00 AM

Oww, this stings so badly.
I went to the Clinique counter hoping to find some Take the Day off Balm due to the positive reviews it gets here on MUA but the SA seemed to be oblivious to its existence (I live in Turkey). Instead, I came back home with this stuff and I regret not having read some reviews before buying it. Basically, it stings my eyes really badly, it's kind of runny and I have to use loads to be able to remove my foundation - so a little doesn't go a long way- and I'm not happy with the results. Estee Lauder has something similar, which doesn't sting and is thicker in a very similar bottle. I think I'll buy that one until I find something better but I really dislike these bottles because a lot of product is wasted in them.

on 1/25/2013 9:11:00 PM

I love this make-up remover. It is gentle and creamy; feels great when I applied to the skin. I use this before I use my regular face wash. I apply 2 pumps and smooth this on my face. I then let it work it's magic while I brush my teeth. Once it has soaked and penetrated my make-up, I use my regular face wash to clean my face. Love this make-up remover, it is a great price and lasts foreverrrrrrrr.

on 1/23/2013 5:03:00 AM

I actually went to Clinique wanting to buy the Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, but after talking to the SA she recommended the Milk instead. It's not horrible, but I find that you need approx 6 pumps of product to get enough and you have to really rub it into the face, it's really expensive for it to require so many pumps per use just to get all my foundation off, will not repurchase

on 11/16/2012 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really didn't like this product. It wasn't great at taking my makeup off, there was always a residue. It's not suitable for eye makeup and will sting like crazy if you get it in there. It didn't do anything for my skin either. Really disappointing for the price and the brand I like.

on 10/25/2012 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OUCH! STINGY! This works well and got all my make up off, even the waterproof mascara which had a Clinique one layered over the top. It feels nice on my skin, NOT near my eyes! I actually meant to buy the balm but got this instead. It was 16 and I won't buy again as it does the same thing my almond oil does in the way of cleansing. It was a splurge.

on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

EDIT: Hmm... I see now that this doesn't take off all my make-up. I have to use this and then a soap to get everything off. Usually I could use this around my eyes but now it started to sting my eyes.

I have to write a review since this product was getting so many negatives...

My skin is so troubled! Its oily, acne prone, sometimes dry etc etc.... Everything breaks me out!

I was on a run through a Duty Free and decided to try this (hadnt read anything about it) an I must say this is one of the best products I have bought!

On daily bases I use many make-up products that are long wearing (BB gel liner... Dior foundation, LM powder, lipstick name it) and at the end of the day I use 2 or 3 pumps of this and it takes everything off leaving my skin really nice and clean. I do use Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap sometimes after this but not always.

My skin has never been better.

I have tried make-up remover oils but they dried my skin and there was always residue on my eyes etc....

Take it from a person who has almost tried everything, this is a fantastic product!

on 8/24/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

From reading the back of this before buying it, I got the impression that it would remove both face and eye makeup. However, this is definitely not the case. It doesn't remove eye makeup at all as I expected it to, and it makes my eyes sting really badly if I get it anyway near them. I think it does an OK job at removing my foundation but I do still notice foundation on my cotton pad once I've used my toner. I definitely won't be buying this again!