July 24, 2014 | 1625 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this make-up remover. It is gentle and creamy; feels great when I applied to the skin. I use this before I use my regular face wash. I apply 2 pumps and smooth this on my face. I then let it work it's magic while I brush my teeth. Once it has soaked and penetrated my make-up, I use my regular face wash to clean my face. Love this make-up remover, it is a great price and lasts foreverrrrrrrr.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Stationary

I actually went to Clinique wanting to buy the Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, but after talking to the SA she recommended the Milk instead. It's not horrible, but I find that you need approx 6 pumps of product to get enough and you have to really rub it into the face, it's really expensive for it to require so many pumps per use just to get all my foundation off, will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jmasters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really didn't like this product. It wasn't great at taking my makeup off, there was always a residue. It's not suitable for eye makeup and will sting like crazy if you get it in there. It didn't do anything for my skin either. Really disappointing for the price and the brand I like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OUCH! STINGY! This works well and got all my make up off, even the waterproof mascara which had a Clinique one layered over the top. It feels nice on my skin, NOT near my eyes! I actually meant to buy the balm but got this instead. It was 16 and I won't buy again as it does the same thing my almond oil does in the way of cleansing. It was a splurge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: Hmm... I see now that this doesn't take off all my make-up. I have to use this and then a soap to get everything off. Usually I could use this around my eyes but now it started to sting my eyes.

I have to write a review since this product was getting so many negatives...

My skin is so troubled! Its oily, acne prone, sometimes dry etc etc.... Everything breaks me out!

I was on a run through a Duty Free and decided to try this (hadnt read anything about it) an I must say this is one of the best products I have bought!

On daily bases I use many make-up products that are long wearing (BB gel liner... Dior foundation, LM powder, lipstick name it) and at the end of the day I use 2 or 3 pumps of this and it takes everything off leaving my skin really nice and clean. I do use Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap sometimes after this but not always.

My skin has never been better.

I have tried make-up remover oils but they dried my skin and there was always residue on my eyes etc....

Take it from a person who has almost tried everything, this is a fantastic product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

From reading the back of this before buying it, I got the impression that it would remove both face and eye makeup. However, this is definitely not the case. It doesn't remove eye makeup at all as I expected it to, and it makes my eyes sting really badly if I get it anyway near them. I think it does an OK job at removing my foundation but I do still notice foundation on my cotton pad once I've used my toner. I definitely won't be buying this again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by supagirl4557

I think the reason why so many people do not like this product is because they are probably not using it correctly. First of all, if you read the directions on the bottle, it says that you are supposed to use your hands to gently rub the product onto dry skin. You are not supposed to use a cotton ball or pad and rub your skin with it. Also, it only says that this product will remove sunscreens and foundations, which means it is most likely just meant for the face. If you use this product to try to remove eye makeup, its probably not going to work. I would suggest using the regular take the day off makeup remover for eye makeup because that is what it is meant for. As for my opinion on this product, it works really nicely although there is a bit of stinging at first, which is pretty typical for my extremely sensitive skin. Its easy to use, but the price is seems outrageous for just a simple makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. at least not to me. i've never had problems with it stinging in my eyes, because i remove my eye make-up first with a separate make-up remover (almay oil-free eye make-up remover pads). i think that is key when you're using this product. i take about three pumps of this stuff and apply it to my dry face and neck, massage it in for a bit, then rinse it off with warm water and follow up with my olay cleanser. it did take some getting used to because it can feel a little greasy, but it does melt away the majority of my make-up. i wouldn't use this as a cleanser alone, but it's a very nice pre-cleanse. i probably wouldn't buy this again, this was a little splurge for myself. after i use this up i'll probably use baby wipes to remove make-up, which works just as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Fitz801

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I find this cleansing milk removes makeup really well. I apply 4 pumps into my hands then apply to dry skin, rub in, then rinse. After rinsing I do follow with my cleanser and Clarisonic. This takes off mascara, foundation, and lipstick. Yes, it stings if it gets into your eyes so be careful. My main gripe with this is the price. I just find it a tad bit overpriced for a simple makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a facial makeup remover which didn't serve to its purpose. I just bought it and hoping it would remove my foundation. It did remove some of the foundation I put on but not thoroughly. I noticed my makeup didn't come off completely after using this. My biotherm cleanser can remove the same amount of makeup as this cleansing milk does. The Biotherm cleanser is just a cleanser, I don't expect it to remove my makeup completely. But I do expect this to remove all my foundations and concealers since this is after all a makeup remover.

So the bottom line, it does not remove makeup thoroughly and I will return it and will not purchase it again.