October 30, 2014 | 1468 users online

Cleansers - Avon - Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by pruma

I was traveling and was stuck with this product for a month .. and I think that helped. I didn't care for it at first, but by the time I got to the end of the bottle, I had clearer skin and noticeably fewer blackheads. Great cleanser for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this is going to become my favourite cleanser..i've only used it twice and maybe its just me but it seems like already my blackheads are a bit reduced and my skin is sooooo smooth..it doesnt have too many scrubby thingys but it still exfoliates pretty well..also i feel that my skin is more bright and radiant..i'll update later for its effect on acne. EDIT: okay..learned my lesson, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. since i have oily skin i thought using it twice a day would be fine, but this dried out my face like never before, my face was rough and it actually hurted cause i think it cracked a tiny bit, now i use it once every 2 days or so, good cleanser, average with pimples

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by cerecita

it did tame the tiny blackheads on my nose, though it didnt eliminate them completely which i was hoping for,
this helped from getting more and more blackheads which i liked, so basically this is good for preventing urself from getting more..i'll most likely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is the BEST salicylic acid cleanser I have ever used. It seems to be much less drying/irritating than other SA cleansers, but it really purges my pores. My skin has been so much smoother and blemish-free since using this. Super-inexpensive, but I wish it came with a pump dispenser, instead of a flip-top tube. Otherwise, I love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by glamerpuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I have a new tube of this as mine has a flip-top lid which is very handy in the shower or with wet hands. I like using this as a final cleansing step after I have removed makeup, but do not use this around the eye area (it burns and has small granules). Mine smells kind of plasticine or clay like, but nothing obtrusive. It leaves my skin squeeky clean and refreshed afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by smoochapooch

I love this cleanser, but a flip top would be much more convenient than the screw-off type. I like this stuff because it has a small amount of little scrubby things in it. Just enough to make my skin feel really clean, but not too dry. I actually use this every morning and every evening, but in the evening I probably scrub a little longer to get the makeup residue off. I also use the PoreFection line (also Avon), but my skin seems to get tired or "used to" that after awhile, so I switch over to this. I have very combination skin (oily w/ dry patches), and this cleanser seems to work great if I use a good moisturizer after. (at night I use Alpha Hydrox Res-Q, with Avon Clinical serum on top - Morning, after cleansing I use Avon Skintrition Healthy Boost Moisturizer & then apply my makeup). So far, so good, but ya never know. Sometimes I think I have found the perfect combo, and then I wake up looking like a mess...... we'll see!!UPDATE: Yeah, that little concoction didn't last long. Too drying. I only use this cleanser once or twice a month now during break-out time. Still a good cleanser, but much better for my 11 and 14 year olds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I tried it in place of my usual Neutrogena blackhead cleanser and I like Clearskin better. Clearskin is more of a gel-like formula than Neutrogena and somehow seems more modern - Neutrogena's blackhead cleanser has kind of a clay-like consistency. I'm a big fan of salycilic acid products, and this is no disappointment. The scrubbing particles are just right - not too abrasive, but perfect for scrubbing my oily skin. The scent is fresh and not medicinal at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Impressive product! The product is gritty and leaves the skin shinny-clean. I've noticed a reduction in blackheads and general acne. I only use the product twice a week and it's improved the quality of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Nice, cute packaging, but a flip-top rather than a screw-top could have been a lot nicer. The product itself is not bad at all. I got it for about $2.25. It's a mild scrub with 2% BHA. I bought it because I wanted a "cleanser" but it's actually pretty scrubby. It has small blue microscrubbies that doesn't irritate my skin. If I put too much product to wash my face, my face gets this tight feeling afterward. Other than that, it's good. It seems to remove dirt and oil very well. My face doesn't break out from this, which is a plus. Overall, it's a nice basic acne cleanser/scrub.