Bath and Body Works Exotic Coconut

3.5

on 1/7/2011 10:50:00 PM

All I got from this was a suntan lotion smell and some plastic play-doh fumes. Pass.

on 8/4/2010 10:51:00 AM

Reading through the reviews here, I guess I'm not the only one that had a strange reaction to this lotion.

I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this lotion made my skin BURN so badly! It felt like heat was radiating through my skin - it was the oddest sensation ever. I have used tons of different lotions, including ones from BBW, and never experienced anything like this. Very strange, although it does make me feel better than I'm not the only one that had this reaction. In the trash it goes.

on 1/1/2010 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this lotion as a gift not long ago, I`m not fond of coconut scented things and this was no exception. I liked how it moisturized my skin and how creamy it was. But the smell was overwhelming to me, and after I used it I would smell very strongly of the lotion which is something I wasn`t very happy with. I prefer other scented lotions from Bath and Body Works but this one was a little bit too strong for me. Over all not a bad product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For me the lotion is not that emulsifying (not good as a hand lotion) but it's great for layering after the shower gel and before the body spray. I agree with another reviewer on the plastic-like undertone to this lotion but I don't mind it as one of my favorite fragrances (Parisienne) has a "vinyl' undertone that works for me.

on 11/21/2009 11:16:00 PM

i bought this on sale in the states and it smells amazing! the smell reminds me of being on the beach with a cocktail :) this is the butter so it is very thick to the point that i have had bumps on my skin because of it so i use it during the winter when i need the extra hydration. However the consistency is nice and the smell is great

on 9/29/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

mmmm... It smells like wonderful summer and beaches! I love coconut and this doesn't disappoint. It a warm and sun kissed scent. If you like coconut or tropical scents you'll love this! Wonderful!

I live in England and unfortunately its pretty hard to find BBW to buy here, so I bought Exotic Coconut Shimmer Mist from Ebay and simply loved it. It does smell exactly like real fresh coconut, without being too much sweet. For me, after trying many different kinds of coconut fragrances, this is the best ever. Highly recommended and I will definetely buy again :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My faaaaaaavorite coconut fragrance! I can't believe they took this out of stores, but at least you can still purchase it on the website. I get a lot of compliments on this one, too... even from my Marketing professor! lol

on 8/14/2009 2:12:00 AM

So I am kind of on the fence with this product, it's an almost bitter smelling true Coconut scent. I get a plastic like undertone to this lotion as well. I guess why Exotic Coconut smells bitter to me is that I smelt Creamy Coconut prior to it, which is a vanilla/pineapple/coconut scent. I suppose this isn't bad, it just isn't a sweet foody type of coconut, but for those who are looking for a suntan lotion type of coconut, then I would definitely recommend this.

Love the way this product smells and feels. Makes me feel like I am lounging at the pool, only without the summer heat, lounger lines, and occasional fly buzzing around. Like all B&BW lotions, it feels great, moisturizes without being sticky, and is super rich!

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products