MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/29/2013 6:11:00 PM

Part of a Nordstrom MAC holiday set from 2011, I'm just now reaching the end of it's life (8/2013). I only apply makeup on the weekends when I can sleep in and have plenty of time to apply makeup on my face. Clearly, I don't follow the rules of tossing makeup after X months/years, but I never felt like this product changed on me one bit.

Likes:
- glides on smooth & easy, both top and bottom line
- flexible formula: you can draw this on your eye and leave it for defined eyes or you can blended slightly with a brush to soften the line
- stays put for at least 8 hours in an office (I always use an eye base and top my liners with black eyeshadow for extra staying power)
- no mess with sharpening
- melt-proof: does not melt off my eyes in warm weather

Dislikes:
no major dislikes. I do prefer the gel pot cream liners over this for longer lasting, weather-proof & more dramatic makeup. However, for lining the bottom lashes, I prefer using this pencil because I feel like I have a bit more control with my line. I still haven't mastered creating a smooth & even line using a liner brush w/ the gel pots when lining my bottom lashes. I also feel like I put too much on the bottom using the gel/cream pots, so this one gives me just enough definition on the bottom lashes without feeling like I look like a 13-year-old emo/mod girl.

I've given a few drugstore brands a shot to compare and I noticed that they don't glide on as easily and it takes multiple brushes/strokes to put on the amount of color I like. At $16 regular price, I'd probably continue testing drugstore brands, but it's not a bad option.

on 7/28/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner!! The best one I have used so far, stays on until you remove it with make-up remover and very dark, only problem is the price. In my opinion it's a little to much.

on 4/21/2013 11:37:00 AM

This eyeliner is okay. I have hooded eyes so it usually transfers to top lid..even with primer.. It lasts a few hours and is easy to apply.. But def not the all day wear for me.. The hunt continues

on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Has been my go to black eyeliner for the last couple of years, i LOVE it. The eyeliner glides on really smoothly and creates a strong line. The salesperson told me that it's not meant to go on the waterline, but I put it on there anyway and its fine. It stays put all day and doesnt smudge on my skin, when i put it on my top lids.

Packaging is perfect, as I hate sharpening eyeliner pencils, this is a convenient wind up one, so no need to sharpen.

on 3/20/2013 4:36:00 PM

I was in search for a black eyeliner only for my water line and tightlining, that would NOT smudge and end up giving me raccoon eyes. After speaking to the MAC MUA and telling her the type of eyeliner i want, she recommended this one. I've used it maybe 4-5 times so far, and I'm quite pleased with it. I notice that it is the driest eyeliner I've come across which is perfect for my oily waterlines.

on 2/1/2013 2:44:00 PM

This is an okay eyeliner. I didn't leave it on for lomg so I can't say for sure if it smudges. Most mac liners do, though. This didn't wow me. I prefer my DS pencil liner over this. I wouldn't waste your money on this one. It's nothing special and you could get a DS liner thats equal quality if not better for half the price. For reference, I wear e/l on my lower lid.

on 10/12/2012 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

WORST EYELINER EVER
Went into the Myers Mac store and was sold this eyeliner to line my water line. Within 30mins the liner is on my cheeks. Regardless of how I line my eyes, within 30 mins its on my cheeks. Not impressed and tried to return it but unable to as its used! USA stores have way better return policies than AUS.

on 10/11/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Not impressed. I went into a MAC Store said I was needing an eyeliner that would stay put & not transfer to my upper lid as I have hooded lids & deep set eyes. The sales clear recommended this eyeliner. This eyeliner even when it has set transfers to my upper eye lid all the time. Which I find very annoying & sloppy looking. It doesn't last, wears off and smudges to much.

on 10/8/2012 3:38:00 PM

I've been using this liner for years!! I strayed once (tried Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus), and will never again, because other liners don't compare to this one. Reasons it's so awesome:

- nice and dark, great colour payoff

- it's a twist up, so no messy sharpening

- if you twist up too far you can just twist it back down

- water resistant but comes off easily with makeup remover

- I use it on my upper water line and lash line and it doesn't smudge*

*unless I use a paint pot or something kind of creamy on my eyes, then it can get a little smudgy

on 9/7/2012 10:20:00 AM