July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first color I bought was too dark and I went back to the store and got a better one. Still, I don't like this product and won't purchase again. It looks unnatural and heavy, it sits in my skin, like a cover/mask. I use pressed powder over it and it helps a bit to make it look more natural. When I take out makeup in the nights, I wash and wash and have to use wipes in order to remove it completely. It also lasted less than 2 months of daily weekday use. It is too expensive for lasting too little. Well... maybe it is a blessing it lasted so little, I am buying tomorrow another foundation, just never this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, full-coverage, easy to use everyday foundation/concealer. I found my perfect colour match (which is always a mission for me) in 0 Porcelain. It hardly needs it, but I always set with a light dusting of Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. FLAWLESS. Be sure your skin is well exfoliated and hydrated to prevent this product (BBOFEF) highlighting any flakiness. If you love/d Revlon New Complexion Oil-Free One Step Makeup but found all the colours kind of off - you will love this product (although not the price tag - $80 in NZ!).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by keleb7977

Totally gutted with this product! I so desperately wanted it to be great but it was the opposite. The sales girl encouraged me to purchase this but I really wanted to try the liquid foundation. The colour is fantastic, this is what got me excited! I've never had a foundation in my life with the perfect colour like this! But unfortunately it was false hopes. It's a complete waste of time even applying it because it wipes straight off! I told the SA that I needed long wearing and can't believe she sold me this!! It cost me $75 and also wasted time and excitement. Its the first and last Bobbi brown purchase for me. Thumbs down big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Kim0905

I have countless foundations trying to even out and match my skin and particularly wanted one that was 'my skin but better', not a mask finish, oil-free, SPF-free and yellow-based. I should note that I only use this foundation at night when I go out becase of the SPF-free formula. I need SPF in the day but it photographs badly at night hence the compact. In the BB Compact I'm shade 6 Golden. Let me just say that this foundation feels amazing on my skin. Being the fluttery fool that I am I got bored with it and went searching for a liquid, thinking that I would find a better match, did not happen. Tried MAC SFF NC45, too ashy (and waay too mask looking) and photographed horribly, INGLOT cream foundation in 34, too oily. Being in Aus, NARS shades for my skintone are unavailable so couldnt try those.

I applied this with the sponge it came with but have since started blending with a MAC 187 brush like a lot of the other gals here. Yes, it is a bit drying on my cheeks but I use Sothys softening emulsion underneath and it works a dream. Have been setting it with MAC NC45 SF Powder but with my next re-buy, am looking to instead switch to the BB loose setting powder to amp up the 'real skin' finish. I love this product and although it doesn't have the staying power of say, MAC, a mid-evening touch up with a little Creamy Concealer (Golden) and some more powder and I'm good to go. HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by danceqt288

Worst. Foundation. Ever. Do not buy. Do not even consider, unless you need HEAVY coverage. This product does not look natural on your skin and transfers all over the place- your hands, clothes, other people's clothes. I have somewhat oily skin, mostly on my T-zone and chin and this foundation did nothing to combat this. Yes I used a primer, and yes I set it with a light translucent powder but none of those steps helped. It also sinks into any fine lines you have on your face accentuating them worse than they really are. It's a heavy, cakey foundation that I wouldn't recommend. The sad part is, when the beautician at Bobbi put this on me in the store, it looked great. A couple hours later, I was horrified. BEWARE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I have very oily and acne prone skin, and I have been wanting to test out this foundation for long time...I read reviews here and was not very sure about getting this as it is not a cheap foundation and is double of the prize you would pay for a clinique or mac one (here in Mexico). My shade in bobbi brown is 4.5 warm natural and this suits me perfectly. So i gave this a shot despite some bad reviews and I really like this!!!
ALthough it doesn't stay all thay my skin looks very nice, this is a medium coverage, and rather of applying more and more I use concealer on some spots. I apply this with a sponge and it sets very nice as a powder, I do apply some traslucent powder on top of it. As i said before, this is not a 24 hour foundation, but meanwhile it fades it is not noticeable any oil, or any strange color in my face as it may happen with other foundations that you can see how they fade.
I like the finish! my face stays completely matte all day long, I don't look like I have a mask on...really worth the try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I am using the shade 4.25, when I bought this it was during summer time so I was a bit darker then, I actually liked this product so much that I wanted to re-purchase in a lighter shade for winter (I have gotten lighter now so my go to shade for all year round would probs be 4)

This foundation gives quite a full coverage, it comes with a sponge applicator but I never used it as I just use a foundation brush.

I paid £27 for this product which I thought was not expensive. It's convenient as it is a compact foundation.

Sometimes I feel that the oil-free causes some dryness to my skin, probably because of the colder weather. I would re-purchase this again or probably try to foundation stick as when the SA swatched me, she did it with the foundation stick and they seem even more convenient!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by UniqueFreak274

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. Reviews made me wary but I was bought this as a gift and have been trying it out and its working really well for me. I use bobbi brown oil control lotion SPF 15 underneath and I think the two work really well together as the foundation goes on smoother and looks more natural with the lotion. Gives excellent coverage with a natural look that is very fresh and pretty. Does need some re-application if used without a setting powder but this doesn't bother me too much as its only a little touch up not re-doing the whole face. I like the packaging and carry it around with me. I think from looking at reviews it doesn't work for everyone so I would suggest trying it out at a counter first though! Overall would recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BabyDe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in an ASEAN country (humidity!!) and this has no problem staying on my face. Any perspiration, oil, humidity and heat (from my constant obsession with walking) just leaves the most natural dewy skin ever.

Any touch ups done with this foundation are not worth mentioning (never carry face products with me, if i have to, i just swipe/pat it back in place)

-applied with dry sponge (given)
-light application of matching Bobbi Brown powder (again with provided puff)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

It doesn't sit really well on my combination skin when used all over. It dries out my skin and I'm left with dry patches. So instead of applying it all over my face, I just apply it with my fingers... dabbing on the skin to cover marks or uneven colors on my skin.