December 23, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl Liner in Uniform

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by figtart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the neutral olive brown color of "Uniform," but the staying power of this liner leaves something to be desired. It seems to sheer off of my upper lid after a few hours. Maybe I'm not putting enough on, but I hate caking on makeup. For staying power, I prefer Make Up For Ever's "Aqua Eyes," which is waterproof. For ease of application, I prefer Clinique's "Quickliner for Eyes."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a nice alternative to brown. I consider this a brownish olive. It's easy to apply and i love the packaging which is great for travel. However, it doesn't seem to last. It's doesn't smudge but it sort of disappears both on my lid and waterline. But I will buy this again since I get bored of brown and I like to look like I'm not wearing much makeup sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by daruma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Grr. I was told by the SA that this was a waterproof product especially for the waterline but it seems pretty clear from the other reviews here that it is not waterproof. It applies smoothly as an eyeliner outside the lashline but it's hard to get any colour payoff on the waterline at all. The lasting power straight onto skin and on the waterline is poor and it made my eyes quite itchy and watery.
Nice colour though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had thought my quest for a non-smudging taupey gray color mechanical liner was over, but, alas, I need to keep looking. It doesn't claim to be waterproof, but I was hoping it would stay on my oily eyes and not smudge. That's the less annoying part, though. My main gripe is that the point breaks frequently and I'm not twisting it up high at all, so a portion of the product is being wasted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

A true color chameleon! This black liner with hint of gleam picks up tones from its pairing eyeshadow. I've noticed this color works especially well with green and gold toned shadows. Because it's not a flat black, it also looks rather dazzling on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by akrausch

Ok here is the scoop on this wonderful MAC Technokohl eyeliner in the color Uniform. When you first look at it in the store you think that this army brown/green khaki color is not all that attractive! But with dark brown eyes it looks totally amazing on! I agree with the reviewer who says it makes dark brown eyes pop. It has amazing staying power even though the sales clerk at Macy's reinforced to me before purchase that it is not waterproof. And for daytime this color is my favorite, not too dramatic and a sultry sexy look. It works for the sultry look at night as well, when I am looking for a more dramatic night time look, I use my waterproof Revlon Colorstay in Black Brown which as the name implies looks more black than brown and not fake and drag queenish as dark black eyeliners tend to look, IMO. ( Although I LOVE mascara in dark blacks, guess you could call that a double standard, LOL! )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dgaf_xtina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is my daily eyeliner... love the color! sometimes a black liner is just too harsh for my eyes... i have really big, greenish-blueish eyes, and this color really compliments them ans is less harsh, but still stands out a lot. this liner goes on so easily, and it really does have a lot of staying power.. it stays on up until i am ready to wash my face at night...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Addytude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I've stopped using this liner because it kept making my eyes red and itchy

I'm new to MAC eye products, wow, what was I waiting on? -- this creamy non sharpening eye pencil is lovely to apply when you are in a rush and this looks great with my hazel eyes. I noticed more of the deep khaki but not as much green as I had hoped. I like that you can also put this on your waterline to give yourself a little extra punch. I use this mostly during the day and save my gel eyeliner for the night time. I've used this for a month and I don't notice any dramatic fading at the end of my day. I will certainly repurchase! Don't forget to use a primer before applying any liner. I use MAC's and adore it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

Uniform is an okay eyeliner. It's a dark green hinting at brown, and is a nice alternative to black, which is a tad to harsh for me. It goes on smoothly and stays put if you put on primer first, otherwise it needs touching up during the day. If you gently smudge it, it creates quite a nice smoky effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by LaaLaa109

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually have this in two colors but I gotta say this is by far the best eyeliner I've ever used. I bought my first Technakohl liner when it first came out. Initially I was planning on buying the Powerpoint liner but when one of the SA that I knew told me if I've tried the Technakohl before and told me that it's better than the Powerpoint as far as the staying power, I was sold. And I'm so glad I did buy it because like the Powerpoint, it's soft and glides on your lids w/o any problems and it lasts even longer than the Pp. I'm surprised at how many people are still using the powerpoint even though they complain it doesn't last too long. Awesome awesome product!!
EDIT: After reading through some reviews here about Revlon's Colorstay liner, I had to go out and try it since it's a inexpensive product. I'm so glad I did because these two liners are almost identical. They both have the twist up mechanical feature which is great for a backup liner for your purse and has the same creamy consistency. I do have to add in that the Technakohl has a slightly creamier feel and glides on a little easier than the CS. But, I feel that the CS stays on longer and since it's cheaper, I will not be purchasing this again. From 5 lippies to 3.