Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 5/6/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

when i first tried this mascara i was smitten! i thought i'd finally found my new HG mascara after loosing my last one to a formula change. i love the brush and the formula of this one, it doesn't smudge and i find that to be a problem with some. however, after using it for a few weeks it seemed to be running out, i have fairly thick eyelashes but nothing extreme, and my other mascaras have always lasted a couple of months at least. i found that for the price it doesn't last as long as i'd expect it to and that was really disappointing. i probably will purchase again if i don't find a better mascara any time soon

on 4/18/2013 3:11:00 PM

This used to be my favorite mascara, I still love it but I've tried new stuff and I'm quite fond of the Dior New Look now. Both give a very natural finish and no clumps. However, the Chanel mascara I feel doesn't give as much volume. It is however a classic and I will repurchase if I don't know what to buy. I find it tricky to take off though, and I don't even have the waterproof version!

on 4/13/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am trying out mascaras at the moment via minis.
I have medium length dark lashes which curl a bit at the outer edge where they are longer. My eyes are green and very sensitive.
Initially, I had hoped this would be a super mascara as it goes on jet black and builds nicely. It dries well but is slightly crumbly/sticky to feel, not soft but also not spiky and hard.The brush is lovely and soft.
My lashes looked very nice for a while, but I noticed that the mascara irritated my eyes by teatime and bits dropped in my eyes and I had to wash it off. I use water and apricot oil to remove mascara and my eyes felt much better.
Overall, I felt this was not as nice as a cheapo mascara I purchased for 4.99 in the supermarket!

on 4/4/2013 11:57:00 PM

this is my favourite mascara. best brush and best formula. i don't have the thickest lashes but this does everything i want from a mascara. no clumping. separates my lashes. my hg mascara

on 3/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have a large sample of this, and although I had a fullsize when this just came out I wasn't too happy with it back then. Now that I'm using the sample it is love at second sight! This is the perfect mascara for everyday! I use Givenchy Noir Couture or Chanel Le Volume when I want something more dramatic. It's just so easy to use, it literally takes me 2 minutes to do my mascara with this. Will buy the fullsize again, but probably in wp version.

on 1/29/2013 4:46:00 AM

Probably my favourite mascara. The brush is just wonderful, it picks up every lash and thoroughly combs them through, coating them with a silky, non-clumping layer of mascara. Lengthens and fills lashes. Decent packaging, at least compared with other mascaras (I find a lot of mascara packaging tends to be very hideous), and like I said--excellent brush.

on 1/15/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nothing special. It does seperate lashes and gives a long flirty look but does nothing for volume or thickness. No clumping which was a plus but just doesn't feel like its worth the money.

on 1/13/2013 3:48:00 PM

I love this product. It stays on, doesn't flake or smudge. I really HATE the price, but I buy it anyway.

on 12/15/2012 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I got a sample of this mascara with my last Chanel purchase, and one day decided to give it a shot. I was soooo happy I did! Within 2 days, I had ordered the full size product! Mascara and I have always had a love/hate relationship, I love the way it looks but I LOATHE finding one that works for me. For years now I have bought hundreds of tubes hoping for a good fit but I merely end up tolerating the least worst one. Those days are gone!!! No clumps, amazing coverage, I finally have that thick, long, "false eyelash, but real" look I've tried and tried to accomplish. Don't even need a lash primer. I also have terribly watery eyes and was amazed when I learned this is not a waterproof formula because it never moved during the course of the day! Believe me, it's worth the splurge!
**EDIT**
Although my love affair with this mascara continues, I have found it's flaw and sadly had to remove a lippy for it :( after a few hours it starts to smudge badly. I am so disappointed because like I mentioned in my initial review, I LOVE the way this product looks and feels...plus I stink at mascara application and this stuff applies like a breeze. Gonna check out the waterproof formula to see if that helps...to be continued...

on 10/4/2012 3:54:00 AM

This is one of my favourite day-to-day mascaras. I use 30 Noir-Brun which is a very dark (almost blackened) brown as I am very blonde and I need a slight less intense colour around my blue eyes.

I have fairly long full lashes to begin with so I only looking for something that darkens my super blonde lashes to a dark colour, plus something to hold the curl. This mascara is brilliant in both aspects.

Since it is not waterproof it is very easy to take off at the end of the day.