November 23, 2014 | 1983 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Moon Drops - Hot Coral 712

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the *idea* of a bright lip but I rarely have the guts to pull it off which is why I waited about ten years to buy this shade. Every time I looked at Hot Coral I lost my nerve. But I finally bit the bullet and bought it. You know what? It IS bright but it's not tacky. I dab it on and blend it out which tones it down. This Moon Drops formula is a bit on the matte side, kind of dry. Also, this color is more orange and less coral. A more fitting name would be "Outre Orange" or something but this is still a great summer color for bronze or golden skin tones!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I don't mind the scent, it's actually much lighter than it used to be. If the scent has anything to do with the formula and the incredible pigment of these, then Revlon can continue making them the same way. This line has been around forever, since the late 50's. Hot Coral is one of the shades that was in the original line and it's really stood the test of time. No drugstore brand can live up to these shades and quality. They are almost never on sale on their own, but Ulta offers Revlon as buy one get one free or 1/2 off quite often. Hot Coral is the shade to own this season. I find it more wearable than Fire & Ice. This has less of a red coral and more orange coral. Someone uploaded a pic from Temptalia, but I could find no information that she has swatched this or reviewed it. Maybe it's another orange red lipstick...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! LOVE LOVE! my favorite bold red : ) feel so sexy *note: nail polish version of this is Revlon's Craving Coral*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

I am in LOVE with Revlon Moon Drops Lipsticks. I think they are equal to or even superior to highend lipsticks, inclunding MAC, Lancome, Stila & Lorac. The scent doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I think it imparts more of a retro feeling that goes well with the vintage retro look of these colors. Hot Coral is one of my favorite colors of all time, a daring orange/coral red that looks simply stunning worn with faded jeans and a white T-shirt or a demure black dress with kitten heels and pearls. This is much more red than coral, I would actually classify it as a red lipstick, so don't be fooled by the name if you don't like coral lipsticks. This is a must have for orange/red lipstick lovers. I love this as much as my favorite red by MAC that's been discontinued, Lady Danger. I actually like the formulation of this lipstick much better than MAC. Another plus is that even though these are not marketed as long-wear lipsticks, believe me, the pigment in these lipsticks have amazing staying power! Revlon Moon Drops lipsticks are priceless gems that have been around since the 50's and 60's which goes to show that these gorgeous bright and sassy colors will never go out of style! This is simply one of the most gorgeous red lipsticks, probably my HG red!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by babynyago

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipstick!!! I have pale skin and this lipstick color is very bright and loud. It is a coral-red color. The color looks great on me and I always receive compliments. They ask me what is the brand of the lipstick and when I tell them that it's from Revlon, they get shocked!
I really hope that they don't discontinue this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by oldbrownshoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially wanted to go and try MACs Vegas Volt, but since I don't wear lipstick all the time, I figured I should try and find something cheaper at the drug store.

This is probably the closest to that color, and I absolutely love it. I love red lipsticks, but I never seem to find one that looks quite right on my NC35 skin. This coral shade was just perfect. I'll put it on over my MAC lip moisturizer and depending on where you're going, you can apply it lightly or heavily. Personally, I think it looks prettiest when applied light to medium. Any heavier and you might as well throw on some acid washed jeans and tease the crap out of your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! It is great for going out a at night. I'm a bit pale for wearing it during the day. If I wear it in the day I tone it down with some lip balm because it is so bright! It is a very nice, intense matte coral red. I do the apply, blot, apply, powder over tissue to set, and apply again to really stain my lips for a night out. I usually only have to reapply once or twice so it doesn't have the best staying staying power but it is decent. I gave the packaging quality a 3/5 only because it seems like they're phasing the tubes with a clear top out. It drives me nuts not to see the color at least in the tube before I buy. That is why I usually buy pricier lipstick because I can see it and try it before I buy. Anyway, it's a really fun color, I'd recommend trying it out! Get it at CVS, if you don't like it they have that great cosmetics return policy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is LOUD! The color is a very bright, almost neon red. I have been on a red lipstick kick lately and was thrilled to find this unique shade. It's a very bright, juicy color that I will be rockin' with confidence this summer! Very glad to add this one to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by stellina

A few days ago, I returned from a beach vacation with a tan, something I haven't had for years, and I was thinking of getting another tube of Orange Flip. I knew this was another Revlon classic from decades ago & since I had a coupon, I thought I'd try it. It's a very red-based coral while Orange Flip is a pure tangerine shade - both are bright, juicy summery shades. Hot Coral is about the shade of true Mediterranean coral which is quite red. It looks great with a tan but it will be pretty on my normal fair olive skin tone once my tan fades. If you're a red lipstick sort of girl, you'll love this.

I really like the creamy Moon Drops formula & although the scent is considered old-fashioned & bothersome, I like that too - it reminds me of the days when a "fancy" lipstick had a particular scent. Besides, it dissipates within a minute or two. Revlon is perhaps the only company that continues to produce shades from many years ago and I really appreciate that.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Similar in colour to Orange Flip but with more red. Very vibrant, brilliant for hot summer nights (lets salsa!!!), too bright for most people to wear during the day. You need to have fairly strong colouring to pull this off without looking like a clown. Can be worn blotted to a stain, but I think half the fun of this lipstick is its in your face vibrancy.