November 28, 2014 | 1884 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lillyluck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product because it has a very build able coverage! It blends well and matches my skin tone really well. I originally bought it to wear as a setting powder over my mac face and body foundation, but i later started using the skinfinsh on its own. I use this as my daily foundation now and highly recommend it. It's on the pricer side but its a great product! It isn't "cakey" as long as you blend it in well, my only complaint is that the packaging isn't perfect. The covering clear plastic part of mine came loose and it happened to my friend with the sane foundation. This product didn't make my skin redden (which most products do) and it looks super natural. I didn't like powder foundations until i came across this one! Overall amazing product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by alexandrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this. I really did. This review won't apply for the vast, vast majority (like.. 99.5%) of people, but if you have sensitive skin like me, maybe it'll help. As a preface, I have very sensitive skin and can use almost nothing on it: no sunscreen, no liquid foundation, no glitter (I shuddered at just writing that), no oils - nothing. For makeup, all I've been able to use the last few years was Mac's mineralize. It was the only pressed powder that didn't break me out in acne, hives, chemical burns, and weird raised bumps that are extremely painful.

I think they've changed their formula, though. I ran out of my old powder and went to the store to get a new one, and now (a week later) my face is bright red, with little bumps everywhere, and it covered in weird dry/oily patches. The only thing I've changed is the makeup - so I have to assume it's that. Given this, I definitely will not be buying this makeup again (I'm going to go return it, actually) and will have to start the process of finding a suitable makeup all over again..yay.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ShadRick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I love the glow that it provides, as well as the amazing finish. I wear it on a daily basis to set my foundation & I always get compliments on my makeup. Definitely one of MAC's best products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. I have used it for almost 10 years. I have dry to combo skin and it doesn't look powdery. I just repurchased a new compact and it came in the new packaging!!!!! The new packaging is so much better. It is travel friendly so I am so excited to be able to reapply on the go. Previously I used a different powder for touchups due to the old packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by OlenkaHa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product! I used to use it as a setting powder over my MAC Moisture Mineral Foundation. Recently, however, I found out that it also looks beautiful on its own! Very natural and beautiful velvet finish! I would say that it is an alrounder and I even like it more than my Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Galela

I stray and try new things because I get bored, but I always come back to this.
It doesn't break me out and it looks so natural. I can use it on it's own as my foundation or to set my foundation/bb cream. Love it and will repurchase forever!

(Only downside is that I'm not a fan of the packaging. It seems flimsy and not very sturdy. I kinda wish it was packaged like the Studio fix powder. But that's just me being paranoid that it will break while I'm travelling.)

***Update: Still love it! I'm so happy they have changed the packaging since that was my only dislike about this! I haven't "tried" the new packaging yet, but I can't wait until the one I'm using is empty so I can get a new one.***

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mariejames97

This broke me out and made my skin oily unfortunately cause of the bismuth.
I really wanted to love this, the coverage is perfect. It looks so natural on the skin.
The packaging is PERFECT. I really hope MAC will remove the bismuth..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

BEAUTIFUL finish..loved it, but think it broke me out :(
If you don't have problematic skin and want a pretty soft natural no make up finish..give it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

Really love this as a setting powder. I used to hate setting my liquid or cream foundations with powder because of the powdery almost cakey finish it had. However, this powder doesn't give that powdery look. It has a slight sheen that makes it look really natural on the skin. I initially applied this with a sponge from MAC (recommended by the SA) which was alright, but seemed a little thick. Now I either use a large powder brush and pat the powder onto my face or use a kabuki brush. Will repurchase until I find a better powder. Btw, I'm an NC30 and use Medium Plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by livlaeboorg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! I've been using it a half year now, and i'm still absolutely in love with this product! I have really dry skin, but i can still use this product without looking cakey! It's not too matte, but there isn't shimmer into it, it just looks natural! I have a couple of friends who also own one, and they love this product too! And one of them has oily skin and the other has normal skin, so i think it works great on all skin types! I will definitely buy it again!