December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Honey Shea Butter Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is nice but I stopped using it -- it's very rich if you need something very hydrating, soothing & comforting (shea butter is excellent) & it smells super honey-sweet (which was why I stopped using it, although it was the delicious honey scent that drew me to it in the first place). Just like Cherub573 below my review, I also discovered this at a friend's house (she had a girls' spa night party).

I paid $12 for a tub a few yrs back & I don't remember if I kept it or where I might have put it. It's great for very dry winters & I used to use it on my hands & feet. I couldn't put this on my legs (though I wanted to, because it makes the skin very soft & touchable) as the scent would just become too overpowering.

If you like rich body butters, this one is nice & natural.

I have to give it 3 lippies (though I'd like to give it 3.5) because it leaves a greasy feeling on my hands & feet, so it doesn't sink in completely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this when I was staying at a friend's house. I was attracted to the scent initially. I like it, but only think it works as a light moisturizer, unlike most body butters. It does feel slightly tacky upon application, but after about 15 minutes my skin feels just normal and soft, and is softly scented like honey. I actually just plan on using it as a fragrance balm when I don't feel like wearing perfume. In my opinion, it is not as heavily scented as Sephora's body butters, or something you might find at Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works. If I put my nose up to my skin, I can still smell it hours later though.

The reason I was actually compelled to purchase my own tub of this body butter is because I received numerous, unsolicited compliments on how good I smelled. My friend who I borrowed it from didn't even recognize the scent, she said it smelled much better and different on me than her. I think it's a bit pricey at ~$13 a tub, but my favorite Sephora body butter costs $16, so.....

EDIT: The tub I received was the "newer" formulation apparently? It's much more whipped; my friend's tub was very dense, like butter from the fridge. It smells and moisturizes the same, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Ohhsoosmooth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sephora was out of Sephora's brand body butter probably because of the cold winter weather and holiday spending. I purchased BB Honey Shea Butter instead. It was not easily absorbed and didn't seem to soften my skin like the Sephora brand shea body butter. The skin on my legs seems flakey and in need of more moisture. I miss the light, clean smell of the Sephora brand so I'm off on a quest to purchase my favorite sephora brand before my skin falls off!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

In a pinch I'd use this but I gotta say after the intense love affair I had with Burt lotions, this left me cold. Probably because this place near my old apartment had managed to wrangle some kind of miracle body butter during my whole 'body butter' phase...and whatever the heck that was it just blew every other thing out of the market. It was a european brand, Italian I think..anyway, I liked this ok but felt it didn't really work as well as their lotions do, and gave up after one tub.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by morbidgummy

I bought this because I have very dry skin and this winter has been extremely cold, causing my skin to flake. Unfortunately, I've wasted my money. This is a product I wouldn't even give to my greatest enemy. I slathered this stuff onto my body after I showered but each time it took quite some time to actually rub the product into my skin - it doesn't absorb very well and just sits on top, leaving a sticky residue. The smell is absolutely bizarre and giving it the benefit of the doubt, I actually used this butter daily for two weeks. I think it has actually worsened the condition of my skin. i've stopped using it and switched to a different moisturizer and my skin feels quite nice again. Definitely would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lucrecia87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this butter seems very rich but the smell is no nauseating
pls do not buy it smells awful
i am taking mine back!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by moggi

I like the luxurious texture; it reminded me of whipped butter or frosting. I used it in the winter when my skin gets really dry, and it was a good moisturizer. It has no petrochemicals or parabens, and it doesn't contain a lot of scary-sounding chemicals, so it's probably more natural than some other products. I would like to try other Burt's Bees products.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was not moisturizing for me and the smell was overpowering. My husband couldn't stand it nor could I.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by calisparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have both the Honey Shea Butter and the Cocoa Butter and Macadamia Nut, and they are both really nice. I like the Honey scent better. The scent fades a half hour or so after application. It suggests applying all over your body... that would be kind of gross to me, because it is really thick. I use it only on my elbows and knees and feet. I used it on my legs once when traveling, and it was a little sticky. Weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lyssn2me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees thoroughly therapeutic honey and shea butter (whew) is a wonderful body butter with a very sweet honey (sort of overbearing) scent. I didn't realize that this moisturizer is not 100% fragrance free until after I bought this but it is 99.01% natural! And that is MORE than most moisturizers can say.

I always try lotions on my face even though they are recommended for the body only (ha). I don't know why, but I feel the real test for moisturizers is the face, and since mine is extremely sensitive it is a hugeee test for me. You are probably thinking why would I even put myself through that knowing that it might cause a reaction?! Well I am risk-taker damn it!

Anyway, this stuff smells super duper sweet. When you open the jar it literally looks like whooped butter but hardened. I like the way it lathers, it is not too greasy either. The smell is a little overbearing (but not as bad as their honey lip balm) and it is great for the body! (wow).

I will keep this one in my bag, and use it for my arms and legs, but anywhere on my neck and face gives me a headache (sigh).

For some reason, Burt's Bees is still not my favorite brand. Lots of people rave about them because of how natural it is, but did you hear it might be merging with another company and they may be adding petroleum to their products?? Not good!! Try and buy their products before they start replacing some natural ingredients for cheap petroleum!