April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Blush - NYX - Dusty Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by materialface

Dusty Rose is a really nice everyday blush color. I like that it's matte and it has the right amount of pigment that it is very easy to apply and blend. When I can't decide which blush to use, I grab this one.

- I gave the price 3 stars only because i bought this at a small cosmetic store for $9.00 CAD which I know is marked up compared to in the US.

- The packaging is nice however the clear plastic feels really cheap and if you wipe on it too hard I'm afraid it'll crack.

Besides the two negatives, I love this blush for the product itself enough to use it everyday and repurchase. If you are new to blush or aren't a big fan of blush, this color would be a great purchase because it will enhance your cheeks without over-doing it. Best to apply with a small blush brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by LSUGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE NYX blush. My favorite one is the Dusty Rose, so far, hands down! My NW 22 (in the winter) colored skin with brown hair and brown eyes.

This blush is sheer, natural and buildable! It is matte also, but not TOO MATTE where it will make my 40 year old face look drab, it looks fabulous. I love that it has a natural flush look to my face when I use this color. But, I am one of those that firmly believe you MUST find your right toned blush to go w/ your coloring (warm vs. cool vs. neutral skin toned, etc).

I've tried MAC, Lancome, Clinque, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc and NYX is my favorite blush hands down and I'm a makeup junkie and research lots before I purchase anything. !!! This color and brand got RAVE reviews from Paula Begoun's website and book "Don't go to the Makeup Counter without me".

LOVE, LOVE this blush! Oh and I have oily skin and this stays on my face longer than my MAC blush too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this blush I was looking for a mauve blush because as others have said it looks great during these cold months. Actually I think it's good for any season because it's just so pretty. I'm an NW15 so I'm very fair but this blush is great on my skin. It gives me a healthy look which is great because the Winter can make me look kinda dull. This was just what I needed to freshen my face up.

I use my RT blush brush and you only need a minimal amount of product. It goes on smooth and is more matte on the skin verse in the pan. I'm a blush junkie so this is a staple to my blush collection. I think this would flatter most skin tones as well. If you like mauves give this a try because the quality is excellent and it has great staying power, with no fallout for me. I love it! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaVictory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's a perfect replacement for my Too Faced Pinch My Petals blush (which they discontinued, booooo....it was the best blush I've ever had). I find I have to be careful with this though because it is a LOT more pigmented than the Too Faced blush. Still, a really amazing purchase. Very happy with this,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lukeyb

Yup, HG and daily wear! So pretty and flattering for my completion (fair to light medium) hardly any shimmer and doesn't require a lot of layering. You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my favorite blushes!!! I have been wearing it for weeks in a row! This color is so flattering on my skin tone (I have pale... but not super pale, warm toned skin) and this color is amazing for me. It is a beautiful mauve-pink color with no shimmer. The color is noticeable enough, but at the same time it looks natural, which is hard to find. The pigmentation as well, is just right, it is not overly pigmented and difficult to apply, nor does it take a bunch of layers to get the right color. Also it lasts really well on my oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by dpanda

I have to agree with previous reviewers!! This blush is great for everyday Fall/Winter! This blush is not matte, it has a super fine shimmer/sheen when looking at it in the pan, BUT on the cheeks, it looks more matte than shimmery. The color is a beautiful looking mauve/deeper rose, which comes out very neutral on my NC 25 skin! This is everything I wanted Tarte Exposed to look like! The blush itself is alright in pigmentation, but I don't mind. I just have to use a stiffer blush brush, and I love swirling and applying so I can build up the color to my liking! :]
I was at ULTA looking for a dupe of the highly coveted Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. I just took the blush and walked around hoping to find some colors close to it since most of the drugstore brands don't have testers available. I finally found a blush that was close in appearance, and that was NYX blush in Dusty Rose! I finally caved later and purchased Exposed, and compared it to Dusty Rose, and Exposed is definitely more bright and pink on the skin! NYX Dusty rose is not a dupe for Exposed, but i'm glad i purchased it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice foundation, very soft looking on my face. Not the greatest lasting powder but not too bad either.

Great pigmentation and very very smooth and easy to apply. Not much product is needed. Will definitelybe buying this one again when my current one runs out.

Wear it mostly during the week at work as it gives a very soft natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first NYX blush, and I am very pleased! A very appropriate mauve color for fall and winter. Matte, which I love, and pigmented. I love it! I've been using just the blush and nothing else for about a week now. Now I just have to resist the urge to stock up on other NYX blushes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG status right here! I have a hard time finding blush that looks good on me, for the simple reason that I have oily skin and shimmer/glitter make my face an oil-slick after an hour. Matte blushes are the only finish that I can wear and this one fits the bill! Shade is a plummy mauve that appears very sheer in the pan, but it's extremely pigmented. NYX blushes last me forever because you only need the smallest amount for every day. Highly recommend this to all-- it gives my skin a believable flush that I have yet to achieve with any other product. My skin has warm undertones and I never thought a mauve blush could look this good!