October 23, 2014 | 1164 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago and have used it much more lately, and I have to say I really like this scrub. I love the face that my face doesn't feel dry after using it. My skin feels clean and soft afterward and it may possibly be due to the AHA's in it. I have acne prone skin and I've noticed this has helped keep breakouts at bay. I would repurchase this but I'd like to venture out to the other scrubs and see how they compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by PanduH

Ive already used an entire tube of this product, and I just bought myself a second tube! This one is more creamier, less harsh on the skin, and a lot more moisturizing :) after using this, my face doesn't feel tight or dry at all. I think this has the right amount of exfoliating beads, people think they need a "super scrubber" just to see some good results. But I suggest using this product because it's a lot more gentle on the skin than the other St. Ives scrubs. Im 18, have always, and STILL suffer from severe acne as well as hyperpigmentation. Ive used Proactive, Murad, and several other acne products. However, when I came across this product and patiently AND consistently used this for about the first 3 months of purchasing it, my skin actually cleared up. Man, I was sooooo happy to finally have clear, smooth skin!!! Just because it doesn't say "FOR ACNE" doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. It actually does help acne and acne scaring because of it's AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) properties-YOU SHOULD ALL READ ABOUT AHA AND LEARN ABOUT WHAT GOOD IT CAN DO FOR YOUR SKIN! :) overall, its moisturizing, gentle, smells great, great value, love the packaging, makes skin smoother and evens out skin tone, makes foundation application easier, and its AWESOMEEE! This will always be my HG face scrub<3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by asd1random

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you think the regular st. ives scrub is too harsh, then this one is prefect. The exfoliating beads are much gentler and my skin does feel quite smooth afterwards. Not bruised as it would with some harsher ones. It is alos quite moisturising which is great because then I don;t feel that dry, rough stretched skin when I come out of the shower.

As regards the "firming" and "anit-aging" technology that this claims, well I do sometimes notice some added plumpness in my skin after I use it. But really I am not sure if I am the best judge for anti-aging stuff as I am 26 and don't have many wrinkles yet. (Knock on wood)

Oh well...anyways, I think this is a good basic gentle scrub. & I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My cousin recommended this to me a while back. She raved about this scrub and I didn't think I would like it because she has oily skin and my skin is very dry. I've been using this scrub now for over a month. My skin gets super dry and I always get a stupid dry patch by the corner of my mouth on the right hand side of my face. This scrub has just about eliminated this problem. It smells really nice and fruity. It's got a creamy texture with some grit. I apply it all over my face and rub it in and let it sit while I'm in the shower. Then I rinse it off. It makes my face feel very smooth and soft. I immediately apply moisturizer afterwards. I tried the original apricot scrub back when I was in junior high and it broke me out. This new formula doesn't clog my pores. It's really a great product, especially for under $4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

A few years ago, there was a boy in my life who kept tubes of this in his bathroom, and while I was usually good about having my own skincare around, sometimes I snuck this in the morning just to see why he loved it so much. The boy is long gone, but now I have tubes of this around in my own bathroom. This is my favorite of the St. Ives scrubs, and probably because it is the creamiest and most gentle. This means it doesn't have the same exfoliating properties as the other ones, but I feel it works just as well. I'm not sure if it actually renews or firms anything, but it keeps my skin nice and smooth when I use it two or three times a week. It smells wonderfully fruity as well. For less than $4 for a tube that lasts me months, this is really a drugstore gem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I love the regular apricot scrub so when I spotted this one I thought "yay best of both worlds!" Anything to help diminish signs of aging plus get the smooth, polished skin I feel after the scrub. Anyway I was real disappointed when I tried it the first few times because the amount of granules were much less than the regular apricot formula. But I read another review here where someone stated something to the effect of the exfoliating happening chemically with the fruits acids instead of with the granules. SO with that info I just about used up the whole tube. And after its all said and done I am more than likely switching back to the regular apricot scrub. I really dont think this did a thing for my skin. It doesnt feel smoother after application at all like it does with the regular scrub. And for such a cheap price I dont really trust it to really do much for diminishing signs of aging. Disappointment. Smell is nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by anee

love its smell..will buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG scrub, I love it! It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh. I think the key to flawless foundation is exfoliating and this gets the job done. I use this once or twice a week and it never fails. It might too harsh for everyday use, sensitive skin, or dry skin. It's cheap and it lasts. Over all a great scrub I recommend. I will keep buying this scrub until St. Ives discountinues. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I never knew my skin could feel this SOFT! It is amazing. It cleans.. it's gentle.. it takes the redness away and just makes my face incredibaley soft. I loooove it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i hav combo dry oily skin and this was a bit wayyy to harsh for me. my skin became dryer and flakier after i used this. but seems to work for lots of people :[] so im not sure whats wrong with my skin haha