October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Fragrances - Laura Mercier - Almond Coconut Eau Gourmande

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Egads, I sprayed this yesterday and immediately felt ill. A customer came in requesting a perfume that smells of coconuts and the beach, and after we suggested a few others, we brought out the LM bottle and dutifully sprayed it for her. She immediately fell in love, and I struggled not to collapse. My God. I truly think it could make me vomit. Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by juliet_nicole

Wow, I'm surprised by all the bad reviews this fragrance is getting. I guess I'm in the minority because I love this one! I sniffed all the Gourmande fragrances and this one was my favorite. Tried it on and by the time I got home, realized that this was going on my wish-list.

I agree that it is pricey for not being eau de parfum, but it is still pretty long-lasting on me. I smell the coconut, vanilla and tonka bean, and I love the soft, sweet dry down. My husband keeps commenting on how yummy I smell so I guess he's a fan, too. I think this fragrance would be really good layered with the Vanilla fragrance from LM.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A rare misstep in Laura Mercier's new Eau Gourmande line. It opens up with a lovely burst of sweet, pure, almond, but then the plasticky coconut and artificial vanilla burst in and clobbers it out of sight (smell?). Puzzling, because LM usually does foody quite well, without falling into the dreaded trap of being too heavy or stale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A sweet swapper was kind enough to send me a miniature 5ml bottle of this as a generous extra but unfortunately it leaked in transit and the box REEKED of this artificial and cloying almond coconut concoction. It is head-ache inducing and mademe feel nauseous.

Seriously this stuff PONGS for lack of a better word.

Disappointing as I was so looking forward to every single one of LM's highly anticipated gourmand fragrances.

I bought a bottle of her Vanilla scent from ebay and it hasn't arrived yet but I have the feeling I won't like that one either.

If her Creme Brulee is anything like the BBW Tutti Dolci one then I'm going to RUN A MILE because that is also vile stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this at all. There is a wierd metallic note in this on me and my friend. It dries down plasticky. This smells nothing like the souffle. Fortunately for me this faded quickly. Not worth $50 for something the strenth of a body splash. The souffle is much more scented than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very glad I tried this before buying because I really do not like it at all. There is a horrible, chemical tinge to it that makes it very unpleasant for me. It honestly smells like something about 10 times less in price that you could find from any decent etailer. The almond coconut scent blasts out of the bottle and turns into a strange plasticky, melting wax/burning rubber smell. Don't grab this one up just because it sounds great in name, test it first. I could never wear this as a personal scent, it actually nauseated me. Honestly, if I was looking for a nice coconut scent I would choose Bethany Hamiltons Stoked before this one and Stoked is only $14 at the drugstore. This one was a big no for me. My wallet breathes a sigh of relief.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dinahad

The Almond Coconut has come out in a limited edition in the summer of 2006 and will launch with all the gourmande scents as part of Laura Mercier's regular line in October 2006.This smells very similar to the cream although not quite as foody. This scent mixes the scents of Almond, Coconut, Rosewood, Ylang-Ylang, Tonka, Musc and Vanilla. It has a slightly floral edge that the cream lacks, but it is very nice and in the drydown, it has an almost clean quality. It seems to be the strength of a Cologne or light EDT. After 30 minutes, the scent has lightened to 10% of what it was. I purchased this unsniffed and although I do not regret it (and I think it will layer very well with the cream, which I adore, had I sampled it first, I might have passed on the purchase. Overall, I think people who like the LM line of bath and body products will not be disappointed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No