October 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Lip Gloss - Estee Lauder - High Gloss - Berry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this lipgloss. Berry is almost the same color as my natural lip color, so it just punches them up a little. It has a shimmer to it. It has the usual Estee Lauder lip product scent. The packaging is good. A tube with a slant tip applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only decent product from Estee Lauder so far.
Pros:
Natural looking
Glossy/wet finish
Doesn't irritate skin/non-drying
Doesn't go bad as fast as other Estee Lauder products
Long lasting

Cons:
Lack of pigmentation (for med-dark skin)- almost like a clear gloss however it doesn't bother me because it looks natural but horrible for the price
Sticky - the price for long lasting but it is not too bad

Edit: after playing around with this for a few yrs, this has become my favourite. It's just adds a natural/clear tint to my lips. HG! A bit expensive but hey it's Canada...
Oh and I love the packaging! Slanted tip so you get the most out of the product when you're starting to finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ekware2003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this gloss from my grandmother. I really enjoy it. The color is perfect for me. Its a light pinky color with a lot of shine and shimmer. I use it regularly. When I run out, I will definitely re-buy this and maybe try other colors. I also own High Gloss in Jewel (a pretty dark plum) and Caramel (a easy to wear nude gold).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I love these glosses. They feel great on my lips. Berry is pretty in the tube (dark pink shimmer) but it's pretty close to my natural lip color so I don't notice much when I have it on. Still, it leaves a nice shine and keeps my lips moist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this gloss for a few reasons. The color suits me perfectly. It really plays up my natural lip color and just adds a tiny bit of shimmer and tint, so I have a very natural but pretty look. The consistency is great, it is a nice thick but not too sticky gloss that melts onto my lips while I wear it. It also seems to condition them well, as this is never uncomfortable to wear. The scent is mild enough and not over the top sweet or fruity. I think I saw somewhere that it is a fig scent, which works for me over cherry vanilla bubblegum blech anyday. Maybe I just feel like the scent is a bit more mature, so I don't feel bad being in my 30s and wearing a gloss. I like the tube, since it is slim and easy to get the gloss out, and a no frill applicator, which I prefer. I don't spend a lot of time applying my lip gloss because they just don't stay on me that long, so I prefer to be able to just slick some on anywhere I am, and this serves that purpose. I am on my second tube and will keep using this gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wonder if less popular products/colors are given away as GWP (which is how i got this gloss). I thought there is enough pigment in it to make it visible but it is just a little... blah. When I am rummaging through my makeup case it does not make me want to reach for it.
OK, nothing special. I don't enjoy applying it like the lipfusion glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips have a redish tone, so this product is not working the best on bare lips for me, I think Chanel and Dior are better on bare lips, giving more color! but on a pink lipstick it works beautifully! Has this pink glowing color, I love it! And it last for quite long. Has a very sweet candy smell, and yes, it is sticky a bit but I actually like that, it lasts and makes me feel that I am wearing something nice on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is an average gloss. I got this in a GWP. I've bought the High Glosses before, and they're pretty slick and sticky. This Berry color is sort of blah. On my pink pigmented lips, this almost looks clear, which is disappointing. The lasting power is ok, over 1 hour, and the packaging for the full sized version is an elegant slim squeeze tube with a gold cap. It has that typical Lauder fig scent. I would not buy this color again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't understand the hype. Decent, non-drying gloss. I've got several colors from GWPs, including "Berry". Non-sticky, but unremarkable colors, staying power , and shine. I expect more from EL. Berry is a warm pink, not nearly as pigmented as it looks. Hate the long-tube packaging of the full size product. I much prefer the Pure Color glosses for staying power, shine, and color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice gloss, but nothing special IMO. The colour is much sheerer than it appears in the tube and gives a shiny pinkish shade on the lips when worn alone, as it is not very pigmented. You need to wear it on top of a light pink lipstick in order to get a more compact result.
The texture is not sticky and the smell is the typical EL smell which I find appealing. Its lasting power is average.

To put it in a nutshell, it is not special enough to deserve a repurchase.