August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Maxi_Lash_Mascara (2009 formula)

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

Unlike many of you, I HATED this mascara! There is nothing wonderful about the Wonder Brown color, it is way too light of a brown. Also, the formula is too thick and waxy feeling for me. It really weighs my lashes down and clumps them ridiculously. My lash comb couldn't even resolve the problem. The bristles on the brush are too far apart to really maximize your lashes. It doesn't give my lashes any extra lenth. There are other products that give me much more volume without the thick waxy, weighed down feeling (Dior Show, Dior Maxi Lash, Too Faced Lash Injection, Prescriptives Lash Envy). I will never ever buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by innadivibe

On one eye I put Guerlain Maxi Lash, and on my other eye I put on my ever favorite Loreal Voluminous. Well, I seen the difference. Guerlain was better. It didnt clump, it lengthened, it voluminzed, it held my curl and most importantly it wasnt spidery (like YSL made mine).

EDIT!!!! I dont like this thing one bit anymore. IT seems to be doing nothing and fast. Sorry!

I love my voluminous but Guerlain is just a better quality product. Because of the price, Ill prob use it right now for special times (ya im a tad cheapy).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Joyce7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this mascara the first 2 or 3 times I used it, but (as with other mascaras I have used) after it has had a chance to dry out just a bit I am loving it. Two coats gives me long and very lush lashes - almost as if I'm wearing falsies. It doesn't smudge on me but I can easily remove it with my regular cleanser. I'm impressed! I recommend this to anyone looking for length and volume - but esp. volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is steep, packaging nothing fancy or ritzy. But oh my god after three coats I got long seperated relatively thick lashes. I like this so much. Up there with YSL, and fluffy lashes of Prescriptives. I will buy again, I like it better then Dior show, more managable brush and curls without more then two swips of the lash curler. And it stays. I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in Wonder Brown from sephora. I really enjoy Vincent Longo mascaras but wanted to try something different. This is a terrific product. It did not give me the false eyelash look of the Longo mascara, but it did really lengthen and curl. The curl was pronounced and lasted over eight hours, which is pretty impressive. The mascara doesn't do much in the way of thickening unless you apply several coats (which I do not do). Overall, this is a great mascara for a sexy, fluttery-long look that is excellent for both the office and outside of the office. Perfect for those of us who want our eyelashes to be noticeable but not over the top. Wonder Brown is a nice medium brown color that works well on everyone - including people with dark hair like me who want a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 8:29:00 PM More reviews by snow_ice

I have this in purple and brown and I love it. As I dont need so much of length, it gives me enough volume that i need. It doesnt clump or smudge. I actually wanted to get the black ones, but everytime i went to the counters, they ran out of them. The price is fair, CAN $30. I also like the tube, though it does not look like other Guerlain's mascara.. I think this one looks prettier.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by beemer

Nice volumizing mascara, but I will not repurchase. As mentioned below, it's not as good as YSL, but it is similar. I thought if the tube would last longer than YSL does without drying out, I might stick with it. But after a month it got clumpy in the tube, and I decided it's not worth it to repurchase. It's definitely one of the better new mascaras I've tried lately though. It lengthens pretty well and volumizes nicely. It seems to hold the curl at first, but my lashes drooped a good bit by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by carol_81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

all you girls who are looking for volume, but never made friends with YSL faux cils: this could be a great alternative for you. this gives me impressive volume, separates well and isn't as wet and sticky as faux cils. i picked up the brown version of this but i'll definately get the black one as well. on the brush, the brown looks quite light with a red touch, but it dries down to a rich, espresso shade on my lashes. the salesperson descirbed a similar effect with the black version. it looks a bit grey in the tube, but darkens after it's on. what i like about maxi lash is that it gives my lashes fullness but not weight, a major downside of most volume-formulas. i usually have problems with smudes, since my lashes touch my skin when my eyes are open. but this stays put through a 16 hour day. one little downside (which i think wasn't worth taking one lippie away): the matte container easily looks a bit ruddy, since it kind of collects bits of powder and makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My local Guerlain lady raves about this and she doesn't even like Guerlain that much. I don't think this is any better than their Enticing Eyes/Regard Intense mascara. I find both of them very similar because both give me longer more defined lashes without clumps or smudging. I don't know anything about YSL so I can't really comment on that. It seems to me that mascaras from all brands, low to high end are improving at lightening speed. I don't really think this is better than Estee Lauder Magnascopic, but I will use it because it is from Guerlain. Also at first I didn't like the packaging because it seemed like all other mascaras and not the trademark Guerlain look, but they seem to be trying to modernise the brand and I am used to it now. The main thing I don't like is that it is more expensive than Guerlain's old mascaras and no better in my opinion. Likewise the Kiss Kiss lipstick costs more than the Divinora one did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me, this looks like a desperate attempt to catch the attention of both lovers of YSL's Effet Faux Cils AND of Diorshow, and in my opinion, Guerlain doesn't quite succeed. This mascara is more or less a YSL clone, it even has the same brush, but it was far too dry for my liking, and is quite hard to work with. Either you get too much on, and clumps, or, if you wipe the wand, nothing much happens at all. I so regret buying it, not the least because of the steep price. For volumizing, HR's Lash Queen and Lancome's Hypnose are both way better.