January 26, 2015 | 1904 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Shybunny1

My skin type is oily and a little sensitive. This stuff really made my face super dry! I used it at night and when I woke up in the morning, there was a lot of flaky patches on my cheek bones, my chin, my nose, and around my eyes area.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Ronab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use 2.5% but I think due to some diet changes my skin began breaking out which annoyed me. So I decided to get the 10% which is known to actually be worse than 2.5% as in it irritates the skin which can cause more breakouts. But I have used this 10% in the past before. So I decided to go back. I have used it for a couple of days and it has dramatically cleared my skin. It does irritate and burn my skin though so I also remember to use a thick moisturizer as in vaseline. I don't have horrible acne just a few small bumps and some pimples. I only use this at night . And in the morning thoroughly rinse my face with warm water and moisturize again . I will use this for about a week until my skin is perfectly clear then I will go back to my 2.5%. With facial cleansers you have to know if benzoyl or salicylic work best for your skin. Salicylic didn't really give me great results, they were mediocre if that. Benzoyl keeps my skin pretty clear. I also use a toner which is witch hazel and moisturize with vaseline due to the drying effect. I can't really see the drying effect but I feel it . Although I did get one dry patch on my face from the 10%. And no, vaseline does not break my skin out, and it shouldn't break skin out. It actually leaves it supple, soft and moisturized! As everyone has said this is a cream, it does not foam. It tingles due to the menthol which I don't like , menthol can irritate the skin but seeing as you wash this off immediately after you lather it , it's fine. So if you already know that benzoyl doesn't breakout or irritate your skin in heavy amounts then try it ! Some people use benzoyl and it completely ruins their skin because they are allergic to it so they think benzoyl doesn't work . Everyone's skin is different ,so it's more a trial and error. I normally use the acnefree oil free face wash 2.5% as I mentioned normally, which is amazing I love it, it's also more of a watery cream it doesn't lather, and I use witch hazel as a toner after. Like I said I will be going back to this after my breakouts go away .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhutson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! seriously I will continue to re buy this item! I don't have a serious case of acne but I always seem to have two or three pimples and this keeps them at bay. I use this in the morning along with a moisturizer and my skin has never been better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Pretty strong, and can be pretty drying. Cleared up my acne well though! I got a great price for it too, the unit price was much lesser than other face washes around in the grocery store I was in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! I tend to have bumps on my forehead and after the 2nd day of using this product I saw amazing results! It hasn't failed me, but personally having a skin combination if oily and sensitive skin I'd watch out if having dry skin, good to take off makeup as well (like foundation etc.) Good price easy to use I use it once a day, everyday and after many cleansers I can honestly say this product leaves me feeling like I can wea makeup w/o having to worry about any bumps that bieng said I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by susieb0316

I'm 31 now, and as a teen I had acne issues. I took acutane and it all went away. However now at this age I've started breaking out again. Ugh!! Anyway I have tried numerous products containing salicylic acid but they have only made my adult acne worse! Well about two weeks ago I purchased this product and since then no acne!! Amazing is all I can say. Oh I should mention I have combo skin now but I still get pretty oily on my nose. This may contribute to me not drying out too bad. I also use Garnier dark spot eraser after this too fade old acne marks. They work great together. Please give it a shot before you knock this product. It cools the irritation from current acne too, if all else fails please see a dermatologist because no one should have to deal with the stress of acne!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by amberlikescats

I was initially really excited about this product because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is generally an awesome ingredient for people with oily/combination skin like me. Unfortunately, this product is extremely drying. When I first started using this, I used it every day until I noticed my combination skin began to get dry patches, even in areas where I normally am quite oily. I assumed this was because I used it every day, so I switched it up and only used it maybe once a week. Even so, I see that when I use it my skin ends up feeling extremely dry. I've not been able to use it long enough to determine if it clears up acne, but stay away from this cleanser if you have dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best I've ever tried for acne treatment! I've only been using it for a week, so my review on this may change. So over the last 2 weeks or so, my skin was breaking out really bad. I went to Walmart and saw this is 10% benzoyl peroxide. I used it that very night. First off, the bottle was hard to open and it cut me. But other than that, I LOVE the results!!! It tingles if it gets near your eyes so close them. Afterwards you're left with clean tingling skin. I use it once with my hands to make sure the rest of my makeup is off, then a second time with a facial brush. I currently have no active acne on my face! That's a good thing for me! So I will continue to use this and let you know how it goes! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by abbycdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this in high school/college. Clean & Clear products really do a lot for my skin as far as keeping minor breakouts at bay. I have normal skin, and get an occasional blemish every now and then. I recently repurchased this because I was getting a few zits and didn't have a benzoyl peroxide product in my routine. I use this with my Clarisonic 1-2 times a week. It's too harsh for me to use daily, and it's drying. I can't say that it has done wonders for my skin, but it gets my face really clean. It's quite creamy, which is nice, but it's a little difficult to squeeze the right amount out of the tube. It's cooling, but can burn my nose and eyes if I breathe in or keep my eyes open, even if the actual product doesn't get in those areas. Overall, I'm glad I re-incorporated this into my routine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandrite12

I love this product! ive tried multiple acne fighting cleansers and nothing seemed to work. I finally stumbled upon this and it is amazing. Its been so long since ive seen my face this clear, soft and smooth.
I have to admit though, its really over drying. Its very strong. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer :)