August 30, 2014 | 1529 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhutson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! seriously I will continue to re buy this item! I don't have a serious case of acne but I always seem to have two or three pimples and this keeps them at bay. I use this in the morning along with a moisturizer and my skin has never been better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Pretty strong, and can be pretty drying. Cleared up my acne well though! I got a great price for it too, the unit price was much lesser than other face washes around in the grocery store I was in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! I tend to have bumps on my forehead and after the 2nd day of using this product I saw amazing results! It hasn't failed me, but personally having a skin combination if oily and sensitive skin I'd watch out if having dry skin, good to take off makeup as well (like foundation etc.) Good price easy to use I use it once a day, everyday and after many cleansers I can honestly say this product leaves me feeling like I can wea makeup w/o having to worry about any bumps that bieng said I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by susieb0316

I'm 31 now, and as a teen I had acne issues. I took acutane and it all went away. However now at this age I've started breaking out again. Ugh!! Anyway I have tried numerous products containing salicylic acid but they have only made my adult acne worse! Well about two weeks ago I purchased this product and since then no acne!! Amazing is all I can say. Oh I should mention I have combo skin now but I still get pretty oily on my nose. This may contribute to me not drying out too bad. I also use Garnier dark spot eraser after this too fade old acne marks. They work great together. Please give it a shot before you knock this product. It cools the irritation from current acne too, if all else fails please see a dermatologist because no one should have to deal with the stress of acne!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by amberlikescats

I was initially really excited about this product because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is generally an awesome ingredient for people with oily/combination skin like me. Unfortunately, this product is extremely drying. When I first started using this, I used it every day until I noticed my combination skin began to get dry patches, even in areas where I normally am quite oily. I assumed this was because I used it every day, so I switched it up and only used it maybe once a week. Even so, I see that when I use it my skin ends up feeling extremely dry. I've not been able to use it long enough to determine if it clears up acne, but stay away from this cleanser if you have dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best I've ever tried for acne treatment! I've only been using it for a week, so my review on this may change. So over the last 2 weeks or so, my skin was breaking out really bad. I went to Walmart and saw this is 10% benzoyl peroxide. I used it that very night. First off, the bottle was hard to open and it cut me. But other than that, I LOVE the results!!! It tingles if it gets near your eyes so close them. Afterwards you're left with clean tingling skin. I use it once with my hands to make sure the rest of my makeup is off, then a second time with a facial brush. I currently have no active acne on my face! That's a good thing for me! So I will continue to use this and let you know how it goes! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by abbycdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this in high school/college. Clean & Clear products really do a lot for my skin as far as keeping minor breakouts at bay. I have normal skin, and get an occasional blemish every now and then. I recently repurchased this because I was getting a few zits and didn't have a benzoyl peroxide product in my routine. I use this with my Clarisonic 1-2 times a week. It's too harsh for me to use daily, and it's drying. I can't say that it has done wonders for my skin, but it gets my face really clean. It's quite creamy, which is nice, but it's a little difficult to squeeze the right amount out of the tube. It's cooling, but can burn my nose and eyes if I breathe in or keep my eyes open, even if the actual product doesn't get in those areas. Overall, I'm glad I re-incorporated this into my routine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandrite12

I love this product! ive tried multiple acne fighting cleansers and nothing seemed to work. I finally stumbled upon this and it is amazing. Its been so long since ive seen my face this clear, soft and smooth.
I have to admit though, its really over drying. Its very strong. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LaceyTennant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is a staple for me, I've been using it since the 8th grade and I'm now graduated from HS. I have oily skin and breakouts. this product keeps my breakouts to a minimum like no other product I've ever used. I wash twice a day for about 30 seconds in the shower. When I started using this product I had bad acne and now I hardly have any.
For the past two years I've been searching for a more gentle and natural product because I'm afraid of the damage the harsh chemicals might be doing on my skin. Unfortunately, everytime I switch cleansers I end up with breakouts and revert back to C&C.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This works much better as a spot treatment than as a cleanser. If you are having acne troubles, PLEASE switch to a gentle cleanser for your skin, buy a good moisturizer, and utilize a treatment (benzoyl peroxide or Persa Gel or Salicyc Acid) for your acne.

Using a CLEANSER that has acne fighting ingredients can be really bad for the battlefield that is your face because of a couple reasons:
1. it changes the pH of your skin, screwing up its normal pH longer than a gentler cleanser would, which in turn allows acne bacteria to grow and multiply more on your face
2. it changes the way the products work that you put on after washing with it, either losing their effectiveness or enhancing their potentially drying or irritating effects
3. it is short contact, which is actually not that effective unless you leave it on for 5+ minutes, which you probably shouldn't do because its supposed to be a cleanser and has irritating ingredients like menthol
4. It can be excessively drying to wash the face with benzoyl peroxide at this high of a concentration

This could possibly help with mild acne, but never cystic. Remember that topicals won't work for cystic acne until they come to head.

I wouldn't recommend this to be the staple/the treatment in your acne regimen, especially if you have dry skin and acne (the most frustrating combination).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No