July 29, 2014 | 2057 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best I've ever tried for acne treatment! I've only been using it for a week, so my review on this may change. So over the last 2 weeks or so, my skin was breaking out really bad. I went to Walmart and saw this is 10% benzoyl peroxide. I used it that very night. First off, the bottle was hard to open and it cut me. But other than that, I LOVE the results!!! It tingles if it gets near your eyes so close them. Afterwards you're left with clean tingling skin. I use it once with my hands to make sure the rest of my makeup is off, then a second time with a facial brush. I currently have no active acne on my face! That's a good thing for me! So I will continue to use this and let you know how it goes! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by abbycdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this in high school/college. Clean & Clear products really do a lot for my skin as far as keeping minor breakouts at bay. I have normal skin, and get an occasional blemish every now and then. I recently repurchased this because I was getting a few zits and didn't have a benzoyl peroxide product in my routine. I use this with my Clarisonic 1-2 times a week. It's too harsh for me to use daily, and it's drying. I can't say that it has done wonders for my skin, but it gets my face really clean. It's quite creamy, which is nice, but it's a little difficult to squeeze the right amount out of the tube. It's cooling, but can burn my nose and eyes if I breathe in or keep my eyes open, even if the actual product doesn't get in those areas. Overall, I'm glad I re-incorporated this into my routine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandrite12

I love this product! ive tried multiple acne fighting cleansers and nothing seemed to work. I finally stumbled upon this and it is amazing. Its been so long since ive seen my face this clear, soft and smooth.
I have to admit though, its really over drying. Its very strong. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LaceyTennant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is a staple for me, I've been using it since the 8th grade and I'm now graduated from HS. I have oily skin and breakouts. this product keeps my breakouts to a minimum like no other product I've ever used. I wash twice a day for about 30 seconds in the shower. When I started using this product I had bad acne and now I hardly have any.
For the past two years I've been searching for a more gentle and natural product because I'm afraid of the damage the harsh chemicals might be doing on my skin. Unfortunately, everytime I switch cleansers I end up with breakouts and revert back to C&C.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This works much better as a spot treatment than as a cleanser. If you are having acne troubles, PLEASE switch to a gentle cleanser for your skin, buy a good moisturizer, and utilize a treatment (benzoyl peroxide or Persa Gel or Salicyc Acid) for your acne.

Using a CLEANSER that has acne fighting ingredients can be really bad for the battlefield that is your face because of a couple reasons:
1. it changes the pH of your skin, screwing up its normal pH longer than a gentler cleanser would, which in turn allows acne bacteria to grow and multiply more on your face
2. it changes the way the products work that you put on after washing with it, either losing their effectiveness or enhancing their potentially drying or irritating effects
3. it is short contact, which is actually not that effective unless you leave it on for 5+ minutes, which you probably shouldn't do because its supposed to be a cleanser and has irritating ingredients like menthol
4. It can be excessively drying to wash the face with benzoyl peroxide at this high of a concentration

This could possibly help with mild acne, but never cystic. Remember that topicals won't work for cystic acne until they come to head.

I wouldn't recommend this to be the staple/the treatment in your acne regimen, especially if you have dry skin and acne (the most frustrating combination).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by anndemattio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO! This was terrible broke me out very bad, and made my acne worse, I will never try this product again, also made my skin feel oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this one as a filler because I couldn't find the Clean & Clear Advantage cleansers... I don't think it works as well for me, since it is a bit too weak to go up against my acne.

It does feel great on my skin, but I don't think it's potent enough for my acne. It's held up pretty well, and one tube has lasted me about 5 months, so that's definitely a plus. :)

One thing that I don't like is how they package it in tubes. It's great to use... until you've reached the bottom. It's impossible to get anything out after that. You know that feeling when you can't get the stuff to come out? yeahh... that happens with this. So not very happy about the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ari97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product used to work pretty good for me but for the past month it hasn't been working like it used to.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Username55

Feels okay but definitely doesn't remove any acne. Turns whiteheads into large red patches and looks even more noticeable. Used this with a moisturizer because otherwise it dries out your face and is very hard to move your face muscles. I'm assuming there is too much Benzoyl peroxide (2.5% > 5%). I will not be finishing the bottle and would not recommend this product. I will switch to something with salycylic acid. Cetaphil seems much more relavent to people with hormonal acne. Luckily I only wasted $12.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by poshmels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I forgot to read the label and full reviews as I was thinking with this much reviews and such a high score - i didn't think this product bleached fabric! This is a big no-no for me. As for its efficacity, it's not better than any other product that bleaches such as Pro-Active that dries up your skin. The tingly feeling feels great but doesn't overcome the bleaching effect - i need to keep my towels!!