Clairol Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Red 4, Yellow 10. (2011 formulation)

on 10/14/2013 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was planing to dye my hair for the fist time and as other herbal shampoos did fine job I took this, but started to use it before the color change because ran out of a "normal" one, worst idea ever: my hair became super dry, my scalp starts to itch and even so I gave it a chance because I though it was the shampoo change. Now, after trying two other brands my scalp haven't recovered from this horror yet.

on 9/22/2013 3:16:00 PM

Love this shampoo! It leaves my poor colour-abused hair shiny, smelling good and vibrant, its not a very nourishing shampoo but if you need that extra bit of tlc then get one specifically for those times when your hair screams SOS. I would buy this again next time my hair is freshly coloured!

I started using this product when the colour in my hair started fading too quick. It actually keeps my hair looking vibrant. It keeps the colour well. The price is absolutely amazing. It smells delicious. However after shampooing and conditioning my hair feels a little dry so I use their split end cream. It fully moisturises my hair and even protects it. I would definitely buy this again. The bottle goes down really quick though I think personally,but others who say they have used it says it lasts a lifetime. Overall this product has nothing bad about it. Does what it says on the bottle. x

on 8/10/2013 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Lathers well, didn't strip my hair, and smells nice. Plus it's cheap.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

What a shame because I love the scent of this shampoo. Did nothing for maintaining color and it left my hair ridiculously dry!!! I thought it was my conditioner but it was actually this shampoo. Wouldn't repurchase.

I am a big fan of the honey and hello hydration line!

on 5/31/2013 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This works fine as a normal shampoo. It leaves my hair without any problems.
But as a supposed "color-treated" shampoo, it strips the dye from my hair like nothing else.

I dyed my hair blue, and it was super bright, but now it's lost almost all of its color in two shampooings from this stuff.
Even in comparison with other sulfate shampoos (which I am stuck with until I can make it to a store that carries anything else), this stuff is much, MUCH worse about eating away the color.

If you want a normal shampoo for your natural hair, this might work out for you.
But if you have dyed hair and want your color to last for even a week, stay away from this crap.

on 4/17/2013 4:21:00 AM

I wish everyone knew that if your "anti fade color" shampoo as "sulfate" (it has a longer name, usually the second or third ingredient) in it, then it's GOING TO FADE YOUR COLOR. Guaranteed! It smells wonderful but just be forewarned. A lot of the brands that claim "anti fading technology" are just lying to you because it won't do anything but fade it.

on 3/30/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the Sexy, Fruity, Fun, and pretty scent. I love the way my hair feels after I use this.It lathers wonderfully. I also use the Clairol matching Color me Happy conditioner . Not every day. Usually every other day. In the summer even less. That too has a lovely smell.

I color my hair and I can honestly say I am not sure this keeps the color vibrant but it does make my hair feel beautiful. If you are looking for a shampoo for dry hair, this is NOT it. I love this but I have oily hair and need the squeaky clean feel this gives after washing. I do think the conditioner does a great job keeping frizz away and making my waves (I tend to have very light waves to my hair) soft.

Highly recommend this shampoo. Inexpensive and does the trick.
I will always buy this when I see it!

on 3/28/2013 3:25:00 PM

I am actually very pleased with this shampoo! I haven't used Herbal Essences shampoo in awhile and I thought I would buy some since I ran out of my L'Oreal Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner. I am in the process of bleaching my hair and getting it to one solid blonde color and I thought a color shampoo would be nice for my hair. What really attracted me to this shampoo is the smell, OMG the smell is AMAZING! It's really fruity and it leaves my hair smelling so good and the smell lasts! My boyfriend kept commenting on how good my hair smelled after I used this. I just adore the smell so much! I didn't really notice anything different about my hair when I used this, it felt like it did clean my hair but I didn't really notice anything about the color. The only reason why I would repurchase this is for the smell, ha.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used Herbal Essence as a child so when I needed a new shampoo this brand was top of the notch, in my mind. My grandma swears by this brand and has used it forever.

Sadly, this shampoo left my oily, non-color treated hair very dry. By the second day I had to discontinue the use for a while.

When I tried this shampoo again I noticed a LOT of clogged pores (and eventually breakouts) on my chest, neck, and hairline = where my hair touched. I didnt realize an ingredient was the problem until I tried another herbal essence shampoo & had the same problem. The corn starch in the shampoo, when wet, harbors bacteria and is not good for acne-prone skin.

I would suggest anyone considering this shampoo to use with caution and discontinue if clogged pores arise

Popular Shampoos