November 24, 2014 | 1363 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by SophieWillsxo

I started using this product when the colour in my hair started fading too quick. It actually keeps my hair looking vibrant. It keeps the colour well. The price is absolutely amazing. It smells delicious. However after shampooing and conditioning my hair feels a little dry so I use their split end cream. It fully moisturises my hair and even protects it. I would definitely buy this again. The bottle goes down really quick though I think personally,but others who say they have used it says it lasts a lifetime. Overall this product has nothing bad about it. Does what it says on the bottle. x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lathers well, didn't strip my hair, and smells nice. Plus it's cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a shame because I love the scent of this shampoo. Did nothing for maintaining color and it left my hair ridiculously dry!!! I thought it was my conditioner but it was actually this shampoo. Wouldn't repurchase.

I am a big fan of the honey and hello hydration line!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by konamicode

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works fine as a normal shampoo. It leaves my hair without any problems.
But as a supposed "color-treated" shampoo, it strips the dye from my hair like nothing else.

I dyed my hair blue, and it was super bright, but now it's lost almost all of its color in two shampooings from this stuff.
Even in comparison with other sulfate shampoos (which I am stuck with until I can make it to a store that carries anything else), this stuff is much, MUCH worse about eating away the color.

If you want a normal shampoo for your natural hair, this might work out for you.
But if you have dyed hair and want your color to last for even a week, stay away from this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by reneasnoke21

I wish everyone knew that if your "anti fade color" shampoo as "sulfate" (it has a longer name, usually the second or third ingredient) in it, then it's GOING TO FADE YOUR COLOR. Guaranteed! It smells wonderful but just be forewarned. A lot of the brands that claim "anti fading technology" are just lying to you because it won't do anything but fade it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Sexy, Fruity, Fun, and pretty scent. I love the way my hair feels after I use this.It lathers wonderfully. I also use the Clairol matching Color me Happy conditioner . Not every day. Usually every other day. In the summer even less. That too has a lovely smell.

I color my hair and I can honestly say I am not sure this keeps the color vibrant but it does make my hair feel beautiful. If you are looking for a shampoo for dry hair, this is NOT it. I love this but I have oily hair and need the squeaky clean feel this gives after washing. I do think the conditioner does a great job keeping frizz away and making my waves (I tend to have very light waves to my hair) soft.

Highly recommend this shampoo. Inexpensive and does the trick.
I will always buy this when I see it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am actually very pleased with this shampoo! I haven't used Herbal Essences shampoo in awhile and I thought I would buy some since I ran out of my L'Oreal Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner. I am in the process of bleaching my hair and getting it to one solid blonde color and I thought a color shampoo would be nice for my hair. What really attracted me to this shampoo is the smell, OMG the smell is AMAZING! It's really fruity and it leaves my hair smelling so good and the smell lasts! My boyfriend kept commenting on how good my hair smelled after I used this. I just adore the smell so much! I didn't really notice anything different about my hair when I used this, it felt like it did clean my hair but I didn't really notice anything about the color. The only reason why I would repurchase this is for the smell, ha.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Herbal Essence as a child so when I needed a new shampoo this brand was top of the notch, in my mind. My grandma swears by this brand and has used it forever.

Sadly, this shampoo left my oily, non-color treated hair very dry. By the second day I had to discontinue the use for a while.

When I tried this shampoo again I noticed a LOT of clogged pores (and eventually breakouts) on my chest, neck, and hairline = where my hair touched. I didnt realize an ingredient was the problem until I tried another herbal essence shampoo & had the same problem. The corn starch in the shampoo, when wet, harbors bacteria and is not good for acne-prone skin.

I would suggest anyone considering this shampoo to use with caution and discontinue if clogged pores arise

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essences' Color Me Happy is a line of hair care products for colored hair. This shampoo and conditioner is enhanced with a "fusion of Moroccan rose and passion fruit to keep your color treated hair looking fresh, shiny, and radiant, plus our shampoo and conditioner are infused with hydro-activated silkening ingredients." I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there now..this shampoo contains sulfates. Its pretty common knowledge that sulfates aren't great for your hair, especially if its colored..so I don't know why Herbal Essences decided to include them in the formula. Maybe they didn't feel confidant about making a sulfate free formula..or maybe they just didn't count on their customers to read the ingredient lists. Either way, I think the inclusion of sulfates probably cancels out any of the benefits the rose or passion fruit. Anyway, both bottle contain 300ml (10.17fl oz), which is slightly less than they used to. I got these at Walmart for a combined cost of $5, with a coupon. Herbal Essences is available at most drugstores and major retailers world wide. Herbal Essences claims that they don't test on animals, but they're owned by Clairol, who isn't a cruelty free company. These products were made in America.
Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners all have just about the same packaging. Tall, thin, wavy plastic bottles, always recyclable. Color Me Happy's bottles are pink; the shampoo bottle is translucent, and the conditioner's is opaque, both have a green pop up dispenser. The fronts of each bottle features the Herbal Essences logo, the name of the product, and some short claims. back of the bottles are loaded with directs, beauty tips, company info, and ingredients in English&French. I've always been a fan of Herbal Essences' cute, playful packaging.
The scent of Color Me Happy is described as a "sultry scent fused with pink rose, freesia, and lilly with a kiss of citrus and amber." Herbal Essences suggests pairing Color Me Happy with vanilla candles. Do chicks actually burn candles while they bathe? Like is that a real thing? Sorry I just don't understand the candle obsession. Color Me Happy has a light, mostly rose based floral scent. It smells just like their old shampoo for colored hair. My Mum used that shampoo when I was little, so its comforting and familiar. The scent doesn't linger in my hair at all, which is a good or bad thing depending on your personal preference.
The shampoo is a light pink gel. I prefer Herbal Essences' gel formulas over their creamier ones because I use less and it lathers better (even though lather is a sure sign of sulfates). I like the feel of Color Me Happy, it lathers and rinses well. It makes my hair feel cleaner and keeps it that way for about two days. Color Me Happy gets any styling products out without taking my hair color with it. I feel like this shampooo doesn't wash my henna hair color out like some others do *cough* CLEARSCALP&HAIRTOTALCARE *cough*. That being said, I don't feel like Color Me Happy does anything to enhance or protect my hair color. I've used three types of Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner on my colored hair and none of them have stripped my color..so what makes Color Me Happy special? Nothing, so far as I can tell. Just like the shampoo, the conditioner isn't super special, but its nice. This conditioner is thick, creamy, and light pink. It smooths through my hair with easy, but I feel like I use a lot of product each time I was my hair. To me, all of Herbal Essences' conditioners are essentially the same. They never make my hair or scalp greasy, but I find them nicely moisturizing, they make my hair pretty silky. My hair doesn't get dry or significantly damaged when I color my hair with Lush's Henna Hair Color, but those who already have unhealthy hair or use boxed dyes with certainly need a thicker, more nourishing conditioner than this one.
I feel very underwhelmed by Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo and Conditioner. Its nice..it cleans and conditioner my hair well, and smells nice..but what does it do for my color treated hair? Nothing noticeable at all. Maybe this is better for those who used boxed dyes, but if you color your hair with henna like I do, this hair care duo doesn't really benefit or hinder my colors longevity. The Color Me Happy shampoo contains sulfates which are bad for colored hair, and the conditioner isn't very reparative. I won't be repurchasing Herbal Essences Color Me Happy, but I'll finish both bottle off. I'll probably move on to Honey, I'm Strong. I don't recommend Color Me Happy, Herbal Essences makes better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianstarlet

I have a few patches of bleached hair that I've been dying pinks and purples and was getting tired of dying every two weeks and was looking for something to make the color last longer. Enter color me happy. It had great reviews and was cheap! Long story short it turned the bleached parts of my otherwise extremely healthy hair to straw. It did keep it pink longer but it's nearly impossible to brush without it breaking. It may be good for natural colors or unbleached hair but I for one am going back to loreal everpure. Maybe it's the sulfates that wreaked havoc on my hair all I know is I'm covered in coconut oil hoping it'll come back!