April 16, 2014 | 1491 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Herbal Essence as a child so when I needed a new shampoo this brand was top of the notch, in my mind. My grandma swears by this brand and has used it forever.

Sadly, this shampoo left my oily, non-color treated hair very dry. By the second day I had to discontinue the use for a while.

When I tried this shampoo again I noticed a LOT of clogged pores (and eventually breakouts) on my chest, neck, and hairline = where my hair touched. I didnt realize an ingredient was the problem until I tried another herbal essence shampoo & had the same problem. The corn starch in the shampoo, when wet, harbors bacteria and is not good for acne-prone skin.

I would suggest anyone considering this shampoo to use with caution and discontinue if clogged pores arise

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essences' Color Me Happy is a line of hair care products for colored hair. This shampoo and conditioner is enhanced with a "fusion of Moroccan rose and passion fruit to keep your color treated hair looking fresh, shiny, and radiant, plus our shampoo and conditioner are infused with hydro-activated silkening ingredients." I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there now..this shampoo contains sulfates. Its pretty common knowledge that sulfates aren't great for your hair, especially if its colored..so I don't know why Herbal Essences decided to include them in the formula. Maybe they didn't feel confidant about making a sulfate free formula..or maybe they just didn't count on their customers to read the ingredient lists. Either way, I think the inclusion of sulfates probably cancels out any of the benefits the rose or passion fruit. Anyway, both bottle contain 300ml (10.17fl oz), which is slightly less than they used to. I got these at Walmart for a combined cost of $5, with a coupon. Herbal Essences is available at most drugstores and major retailers world wide. Herbal Essences claims that they don't test on animals, but they're owned by Clairol, who isn't a cruelty free company. These products were made in America.
Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners all have just about the same packaging. Tall, thin, wavy plastic bottles, always recyclable. Color Me Happy's bottles are pink; the shampoo bottle is translucent, and the conditioner's is opaque, both have a green pop up dispenser. The fronts of each bottle features the Herbal Essences logo, the name of the product, and some short claims. back of the bottles are loaded with directs, beauty tips, company info, and ingredients in English&French. I've always been a fan of Herbal Essences' cute, playful packaging.
The scent of Color Me Happy is described as a "sultry scent fused with pink rose, freesia, and lilly with a kiss of citrus and amber." Herbal Essences suggests pairing Color Me Happy with vanilla candles. Do chicks actually burn candles while they bathe? Like is that a real thing? Sorry I just don't understand the candle obsession. Color Me Happy has a light, mostly rose based floral scent. It smells just like their old shampoo for colored hair. My Mum used that shampoo when I was little, so its comforting and familiar. The scent doesn't linger in my hair at all, which is a good or bad thing depending on your personal preference.
The shampoo is a light pink gel. I prefer Herbal Essences' gel formulas over their creamier ones because I use less and it lathers better (even though lather is a sure sign of sulfates). I like the feel of Color Me Happy, it lathers and rinses well. It makes my hair feel cleaner and keeps it that way for about two days. Color Me Happy gets any styling products out without taking my hair color with it. I feel like this shampooo doesn't wash my henna hair color out like some others do *cough* CLEARSCALP&HAIRTOTALCARE *cough*. That being said, I don't feel like Color Me Happy does anything to enhance or protect my hair color. I've used three types of Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner on my colored hair and none of them have stripped my color..so what makes Color Me Happy special? Nothing, so far as I can tell. Just like the shampoo, the conditioner isn't super special, but its nice. This conditioner is thick, creamy, and light pink. It smooths through my hair with easy, but I feel like I use a lot of product each time I was my hair. To me, all of Herbal Essences' conditioners are essentially the same. They never make my hair or scalp greasy, but I find them nicely moisturizing, they make my hair pretty silky. My hair doesn't get dry or significantly damaged when I color my hair with Lush's Henna Hair Color, but those who already have unhealthy hair or use boxed dyes with certainly need a thicker, more nourishing conditioner than this one.
I feel very underwhelmed by Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Shampoo and Conditioner. Its nice..it cleans and conditioner my hair well, and smells nice..but what does it do for my color treated hair? Nothing noticeable at all. Maybe this is better for those who used boxed dyes, but if you color your hair with henna like I do, this hair care duo doesn't really benefit or hinder my colors longevity. The Color Me Happy shampoo contains sulfates which are bad for colored hair, and the conditioner isn't very reparative. I won't be repurchasing Herbal Essences Color Me Happy, but I'll finish both bottle off. I'll probably move on to Honey, I'm Strong. I don't recommend Color Me Happy, Herbal Essences makes better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianstarlet

I have a few patches of bleached hair that I've been dying pinks and purples and was getting tired of dying every two weeks and was looking for something to make the color last longer. Enter color me happy. It had great reviews and was cheap! Long story short it turned the bleached parts of my otherwise extremely healthy hair to straw. It did keep it pink longer but it's nearly impossible to brush without it breaking. It may be good for natural colors or unbleached hair but I for one am going back to loreal everpure. Maybe it's the sulfates that wreaked havoc on my hair all I know is I'm covered in coconut oil hoping it'll come back!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Hottie560

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this shampoo and it performs quite well on my heavily dyed hair (black --> light brown). My hair always looks shiny even using it on its own! I recommend leaving it in for 2 - 3 minutes and massage gently your hair for best results. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Continuously repurchased this shampoo despite having higher end salon shampoo and conditioner available. I always fall back on this after using salon products. It makes my hair smell SO good and fruity, and my boyfriend always comments on how good my hair always smells. It lathers amazingly and there's really nothing I dislike about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kpharm2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is just ok, honestly. I have blond highlights, so wanted something that would keep them from fading. This does do a good job of that. It has been almost 3 months since my last highlight, and I can't tell that the color has faded at all. But it leaves my hair feeling dry, even with conditioner and leave-in moisturizer. So it isn't bad, but I will probably be looking for something else once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by fullundisclosure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For anyone who dyes their hair unnatural colours (in my case, turquoise), this shampoo is a GODSEND! Some background info: a little more than a month ago, I dyed some of my hair with Manic Panic (a semi-permanent hair dye); I bleached it first; and I wash my hair 3 times a week. I have used this shampoo (and the matching conditioner) the entire time and the colour has barely faded at all; I have not touched it up since the initial dye-job because it is still very vibrant. I don't even put any dye in the shampoo or conditioner, because only some of my hair is turquoise, and I don't want to tint the rest of my hair. I highly recommend buying this if you want your colour to last for a long time... and also because it's fairly cheap and smells amazing! My hair looks and feels very healthy, but I would recommend using Moroccan oil or something similar after you wash it, because I found that my hair felt a little dry without it, and I quite often curl my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My mother and I have been using this shampoo for a LONG time now! I'm not quite sure why she hasn't switched to Body Envy because we both would enjoy more volume and she doesn't even dye her hair, but whatever. This product gives both of us shine, a little bounce, and an overall healthy look with a great smell to boot. Love this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This made my scalp flake! Otherwise it looks nice and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the shampoo (and conditioner) that I keep coming back to again and again. My hair is quite easy to deal with - straight and fine. It's occasionally a little flat or frizzy, but generally it doesn't need much attention. My favorite thing about this shampoo has always been the smell - it has an absolutely wonderful scent. My husband always notices and tells me how good my hair smells when I use it. It also gets my hair nice and clean without leaving it feeling stripped. I don't actually color my hair, so I can't speak to how well it helps preserve your color, but for my needs it's perfect. Would highly recommend this!