OPI Mod About You

4.2

on 6/5/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Update: This has been my go-to color this summer, I rarely do back to back manicures in the same color, particularly gel manicures, but I've been wearing Mod About You since late May and it is now the end of July. My review for this color is based on my experience with the gel version, so there are some comments that I assume won't apply to the regular polish. It is a beautiful pale pink, sort of like the color of a Jordan Almond. I've worn it with my nails short and with them longer and almond shaped and it is flattering with both. I have to say it is the most highly complimented nail color I have ever worn. I am not usually a fan of such a simple polish color, but it has been perfect for the summer. I plan on continuing to wear it through the fall.

My few gripes are that because it is is a lighter color, microcracks appear in the gel manicure after about a week and a half/two weeks, which eventually make my nails look dirty/unkempt. I've also noticed that this color in particular cracks and flakes off easier than some other ones I have used in the past. I get my gel manicure done every 2 1/2 weeks or so, and I try to avoid peeling off little bits, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

My ratings for price/packaging are based on other OPI nail polishes I own, as I do not have this color.

on 5/5/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Just got my nails done with this color. So gorgeous. I've been on such a dark color streak for the winter wearing dark almost black colors on the nails mainly. This is such a fresh color for spring. It's pretty opaque even after one coat. At first glance I thought it was a really light lavender but it's a very light and bright pink. Love it. I can tell I will be using this color a lot.

on 4/24/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Quite opaque with just one coat but looks much better with two. This is a stunning bright pastel pink, a step up from the standard light pink. As always, OPI's packaging is great. I love the brush as it fans out perfectly for easy application. If you're looking for a light pink with that bit of 'something-something', I would highly recommend this shade!

on 4/8/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My favourite OPI colour ever! An opaque pastel pink which is suitable for many occasions. Two coats is best and it is extremely long wearing on my acrylic nails. I am fair and it makes my skin tone look a bit darker, it's very striking. I want to hoard many bottles of this!

on 3/23/2014 5:21:00 PM

Love it. Highly pigmented, beautiful color, milky baby pink.

Application is easy, 1st layer might go streaky if your not careful but its nothing that the 2nd layer wont cover. It is opaque even in 1 coat but i suggest 2 coats for great results.

The finish is shiny and even but adding a glossy top coat will make it fabulous!

on 9/4/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE! Exactly what I like and definitely a current favourite. It's a really nice opaque, pastel lavender pink that is a bit lady like, and a bit spunky (because it's so opaque and vibrant while being a really girly shade)

I am not a big fan of OPI polishes but they hit a home run with this shade for sure. If I start to run a bit low, I would most definitely go out and buy backups as I can see this becoming a signature/ HG nail polish for me. Wish I could find a colour like this in shellac at my salon.

on 9/1/2013 6:27:00 PM

This is currently my favorite nail color and I have a feeling I'll be obsessed with it for quite a while. I have been searching for an opaque light mint peach/pink color for a really long time and thought that it looked perfect in the bottle. With some of the mint pink colors they look opaque in the bottle but they are actually not and this is the first completely opaque mint pink I've found so far.

I love OPI's nail color formulation, I really do. Compared to Essie and Zoya, they are so irresistably smooth and there is absolutely NO streaking whatsoever. One coat is sufficient to get a clear, opaque color, whereas for some brands like Essie, Zoya, and Sally hanse, I have to put on 2-3 coats to get the same opacity OPI's colors give.

Mod About You in particular is very flattering and goes with absolutely any outfit since it's almost like a white and is so versatile. They make my nails look great and I love how girlish but also everyday it can be. I waitress and wear this to work all the time and get compliments about how cute it looks. This is just another in the line of OPI's colors that are brilliant and everyone should go check the brand out, and Mod About You is a great pink for pink lovers out there.

on 8/29/2013 3:13:00 AM

In Australia this was $20

It is my favourite pink colour but sometimes I notice it applies streaky or patchy.
it takes 2-3 coats to be become opaque.
On the whole, I probably will repurchase unless I find another product with similar colour but better

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

IN LOVE! This is a beautiful, highly pigmented, lavender pink colour! I teamed it up with an accent nail to each hand using 2 very light coats of OPI Goldeneye over the Mod About You, looks lovely! Will look great with a tan :)

on 8/16/2013 11:01:00 PM

I like this color, not love. I like it because it looks nice and all but I don't love the color allot...I mean, that's what I think, it looks great but I don't love it...I bought the OPI SUMMER featuring TEAL THE COWS COME HOME.

Top Rated OPI Products