April 16, 2014 | 1410 users online

Polishes - OPI - Mod About You

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI's Mod About You leads you to be it would be a pastel color block that would be reminiscent of a 1960s feel. For those of you know don't know what I'm talking about, check out the movie "Down with Love." I was excited by the chalking pink color contained within the bottle but the disappointment oozed out as I began to apply the mess to my nails. It was chalky, semi-gritty and was impossible to apply smoothly. Even with a proper base and top coat the beautiful retro color chipped away within five days. Heartbroken to say the least.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by UNIQUEFASHIONISTA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really pale/pastel/baby pink. My favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by BeWildx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mod About You is a stunning nail polish! It's such a gorgeous pastel pink colour that I've never seen before, and it glides on my nails with ease. The packaging is simple yet sophisticated, and I love the engraved OPI right at the top of the nail polish bottle. Basically this is my favourite of all time, and I will definitely be repurchasing.x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Mod About You is a clean, stark pastel-pink with lilac undertones. Itís so beautiful and bright, I have never seen a pink polish quite like this before. My other pink nail polishes are more warmer-toned and have less cool/lilac tones to them. The application was thankfully, perfect. Sometimes pastel polishes apply very clumpy and drag on the nail, but Mod About You applied smoothly with zero dragging. It took 2 coats to reach maximum opacity, and dried fairly fast. I adore this colour, it has the advantage of being super-wearable for any occasion, I think itís so Barbie-esque!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by camille002

my go-to nail polish! the color is gorgeous, and it's crazy opaque so even with one coat you get no streaks! the brush is good and big so with 2 strokes the nail is done!
would definitely recommend, i've already bought three bottles!
oh and it looks even prettier with tanned skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

One of my favourite polish colours from any brand! A beautiful cool-toned light pink. It's like Essie Fiji but with a slight lilac undertone. For me it looks like the nail polish version of MAC lipstick in St Germain. The formula is great, creamy and opaque in 2 coats max. No complaints !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by saranov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my all-time favorites! I love how vivid it is. I wore Mod About You constantly this summer. I love the fact that it's opaque and I don't have to apply 3+ coats in order for it to not be streaky. I tend to wear this color on my toes more than on my fingers and I always have other women ask me what shade it is. Mod About You makes my toenails look fabulous and looks amazing against a summer tan!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I commend curlywurly100 on her review because it is is spot on. This nailpolish is a gorgeous ice cream pink. I absolutely adore the colour. What I like about is it that it doesn't need more than 2 coats to achieve it's full opacity, however the formula is quite thick and it'd probably be handy to have some nailpolish thinner on you for when you're half way through the product. I find that it doesn't chip on my acrylic nails however it does chip on my natural nails - but so does everything. The only thing I don't like about this polish is that is does have an ever so slight lilac hue to it, but it's barely noticeable. Overall a really gorgeous, pretty, feminine colour and nice formula. OPI have not disappointed me at all! I have uploaded a picture, hope it helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing colour for the summer. I especially love it on toes. It's so pretty and cute. It's a pale, pastel pink colour that's really feminine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this is a beautiful ice cream pink with an obvious lilac hue. what i love about this, is that it only needs 2 coats + touch-ups to achieve full opacity. this is a very unique pale pink and i'm so glad i picked it up.
like nearly all colours with white in them, this can be a little thick and streaky. the trick is always to smooth the polish as you apply it. like brushing out any clumps and bumps while it's still wet. and then of course, just touching up any obvious streaks on any nails before applying a topcoat. make sure not to apply an actual 3rd coat to any nails though because that will really shorten its wear.
staying power wasn't the best, but i just quickly topped up any chips i saw because i really enjoyed wearing the colour.
would definitely buy again because it's gorgeous. couldn't stop staring at my nails. i felt so feminine and polished!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No