July 25, 2014 | 949 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lycra Lash Extender

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this today, and didn't think it was special. This mascara is good if you want to have a natural look. I think Lycra brush makes sure that the lashes won't clump, but that's about it. The texture of the brush is slightly stiff, which is not unique because I've used other mascaras with similar brushes (even if it's not trademarked as Lycra). I also didn't see much lengthening as stated on the package. This product just made my lashes natural, neat, and black-- that's the only positive thing about it. If you want volume and curl, then get another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by prettymar

FANTASTIC mascara just make sure you clean the wand before you apply. Definitely an HG for me but think it is more suited for girls with already thick dark lashes that just need a bit more length. perfect for daytime and can be exaggerated for night....... and CHEAP like what more can you ask for?!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okkk. i tried this out because despite how many volumizing mascaras are on the market, i think long lashes are just gorgeous so i wanted an elongating mascara. This mascara did add length, and i was happy with the turn out. i was even more impressed with how it held a curl! It didnt flake throughout the day, but after working out i had some definate smudges...oh well. as far as the brush, i like it. It can tend to clump a little bit but really not too much and its easy to work out. The formula is probably my favorite thing about this mascara! I love it! its not too wet but its not to dry. I wouldnt call it thick, but its definately not runny! i would say its more of a rich formula. This product can add a little bit of volume too. So far, this is the best drugstore mascara I have ever come across, so I will keep using it until i come across something i love even more!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me this is the perfect mascara. I will look no further and I just hope Rimmel keeps on making it. I've tried tons of different mascaras; this one gets five stars. It does a fabulous job of lengthening your lashes. I usually do 2 quick coats. It doesn't smear unless you make a mega mistake and it's not super wet. It dries quickly and doesn't clump. The big thing with this mascara is the brush. I have no idea why the brush works so well but the fibers in the brush have different lengths and it works like a comb too. You can really get in there and work with it. The brush isn't big and clunky like you get with Last Blast; it's just a normal size.
Some people may feel it doesn't thicken enough but it's thick enough for me.It doesn't claim to be a volumizing mascara. I don't like a lot of fibers in my mascara that makes it hard to work with. The price is reasonable and the case is good. I will definitely buy again in Black.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since I just wrote a review for a mascara that did its job well, I had better review this one. It was one of my recent new buys that turned out to be a mistake.

It failed all of my criteria for an acceptable mascara. Here is what it gave me:

- no noticeable change with the first coat.
- second and third coats added clumps and made it worse.
- unpleasant sort of musty smell.
- flaked off rampantly as the day wore on.

The brush was a nice bristle brush, nothing wrong with the shape or size, but somehow it did not deliver the product onto the lashes properly. I'd have to say there is something wrong with the consistency of the product. It's not the fault of the brush.

I also got another Rimmel mascara which is equally bad but I won't bother writing it up here. About 3 years ago I used some Rimmel mascaras that I liked, so I am not saying the entire line is bad. But this doesn't make me have any confidence in their other products now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by zebrapower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lengthens ok, but adds no volume at all, good product if you want a really natural everyday look. For me, this mascara has two uses:
1) Layering it on top of clumpy mascara: the thin brush separates big clumps and lengthens lashes a little more
2) Using as a base for mascara that doesn't hold a curl.
This mascara doesn't do particularly well on its own, and doesn't curl your lashes like it claims to. It does, however, hold a mean curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This is a great everyday mascara. It does exactly what it says, nothing more, nothing less. Doesnt smudge or flake, easy to take off

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by fishnetlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara it lengths really well for me. Everyone knows that every mascara is not created equal, and what may work for me.. may not work for you, but honestly this is worth giving a shot. I usually apply mascara by wiggling it a bit and then dotting basically my outer eyelashes to give them a winged look, and repeating so. I don't regularly use a eyelash curler or apply two different brands of mascaras...ButI ran out of this a few years ago, and thought it was discontinued I wasn't able to find it anywhere, and just the other day I found it back at Target. So I will be repurchasing it again when I'm through with a few of my other mascara's. All in all I would definitely recommend this mascara.., and I would just like to say less is definitely NEVER more with mascara. Usually to get the desire effect building up is a must. ;) So one coat isn't enough. Atleast not for me, and that goes for any mascara of ANY brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. Doesn't add volume, but 2 coats lengthen a bit, doesn't dry grayish, zero clumps, looks natural. Also love that it has a nice slender bristle brush- can't stand those big rubbery brushes. Best of all, it is cheap, cheap, cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Kklaz

I have very straight, average length lashes. This mascara gave a nice amount of length and held a curl well. However, it was REALLY wet and ran with the slightest bit of moisture.