Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

on 12/21/2013 1:30:00 PM

I've tried their invisible spray version before and that one was terrible. It really didn't do anything for greasy hair. This one works though!

This is a powder version, so it takes a little more patience and time to apply. What I like about this powder dry shampoo is the dispenser. It has a pointed tip nozzle so you have more control over where you put it. I find that the other baby powder type of containers many other dry shampoos come in tend to dispense a lot of product at once so you can't apply it directly to your hair. You would have to put it into your hands and then apply it either straight, with a puff or with a brush. With the pointed tip, you can use it to separate your hair, and you can gently shake the product onto your hair (like a salt shaker). As with any dry shampoo, its important not to apply too much or else it'll make your hair gunky so its best to apply little by little adding more as needed.

The powder is stark white but it disappears into my black hair. It really helps to absorb oil and it keeps it that way all day, even overnight. There is a huge difference between the areas where I applied the dry shampoo and the areas where I did not. I bought a 1 oz bottle for 13.50$CAD and I am certain it will last me longer than any spray version (I like the one by Klorane). I don't think its a complete replacement for the spray versions which are best when you're in a hurry but if you've got a few extra minutes this OB one is great.

on 12/19/2013 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a great product!! I have long, medium textured hair that I blow dry straight every other day and always use dry shampoo second day as my scalp is slightly oily. Over the years, I have tried MANY dry shampoos from all levels of the market - having a hairstyling license allows easy access and a discount to some that I would usually pass over due to higher prices. Even though I don’t get a discount on Oscar Blandi, I decided to try the brand because of all the good reviews. I generally do not like the aerosol dry shampoos because for whatever reason they tend to make my hair more oily. So, if I can find a good sprinkly kind, I will usually go for that.  This particular dry shampoo makes my hair silky, takes away ALL the oil, and keeps my hair feeling fresh and just washed… for REAL. So many other dry shampoos, while they do take away some of the oiliness, dry out my hair, make it sticky and unmanageable.. and... quite honestly, smelly. The lemon scent in the Oscar Blandi shampoo totally cuts the smell of the grease. For the past month or so, I was using the infamous Batiste and at first I really liked the cherry scented one. However, I started to notice a weird mixture of smell of half fruit half grease mid day.. as gross as that is. I NEVER once experienced this with the Oscar Blandi and I have gone through 4 or 5 bottles of the stuff  The bottles last forever by the way, because you don’t need much to get the job done. I definitely think the Oscar Blandi is worth a try if you’re in the market for a great sprinkly dry shampoo!! :)

An absolute repurchase for me

on 9/4/2013 6:45:00 PM

Great scent - a pain to make it disappear into hair. :/

I gotta say, I like the little tip and I love the fresh, lemon scent. It definitely revives dull hair when you don't have time to wash.

I have long hair, and washing it every day dries it out and makes it fall. However, I go to the gym a lot, and as hard as I try to put it up and put a headband, etc, etc, it's still oily in the crown and temples. A dusting off this dry shampoo reverses the oil and makes it smell pretty again. :D

HOWEVER, as my hair is dark brown, it's a little annoying to dust off the white residue afterwards. I have yet to find the perfect invisible dry shampoo, and if my search doesn't not land anything, I think I will go back to this one.

on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i really like this powder - it works! it does what it says it will do. it smells lemony and it eliminates the greasy look i get the day after i was my hair. i take out a small amount on my hands, pat them together, then fluff it into my hair and brush through. it's great

I think this product worked very well for my hair. Applying the product was a challenge at first, I had my mom help me, but after a few tried you get the hang of it. On the back of the bottle it says: "Apply to dry hair... using the point of the cap to separate sections of hair, tilt the bottle and lightly squeeze to release product onto root of each section..." More is less here! You will need to keep a hold of the cap which can get lost, I've tapped mine to the bottle and somehow I still lost it. The scent is lemon and it can be strong depending on how much you use! Over all this product is a great item if you skipped a shower, and don't have the time to wash your hair.

on 5/31/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Staple, staple, staple. I went to Ulta tonight to replace this product -- luckily for me, one bottle usually lasts around five or six months, so it had been a while. Surprisingly, they were completely out of stock even though they had just had a delivery. I decided to go and order it online, only to discover that it was out of stock at both Ulta, Sephora, and one or two other stores. I PANICKED. I use this product every_single_day, whether I wash my hair or not. It soaks up the grease from my oily roots without forcing me to wash my fragile and dry ends. It also adds some extra oomph of volume when the body department is looking a little deflated. Thought initially a task to apply the right amount without destroying the shine in my dark brown hair, I've learned how to get the results I seek after years of regular use. Bare bones as it is, I couldn't imagine living without it at this point! Thankfully, I found a site with it in stock tonight and grabbed four, 2.5 ounce bottles. One word, one syllable: Whew!

on 4/17/2013 9:24:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL ALERT! I absolutely love this product and could NOT live without it. I have fine limp hair and this fluffs it up fabulously by adding weightless volume to my hair. I use it even when my hair isn't oily to add volume and lift, otherwise my hair just lays flat to the head. Its a little pricey, but totally worth it. I also LOVE the jasmine scent to this as well. I have had strangers walk by me and comment on how nice my hair smells :) Totally recommend this!!!

on 3/3/2013 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my favorite dry shampoo! A little bit goes a long way, so it lasts for a very long time. And it soaks up oil like no other!
I've found that the trick to using it without winding up with those telltale powdery roots or patches of powder on your scalp is to spread a small amount onto your hands first. After that, you can pat or fluff it into your hair, brush, and go. I have dark brown hair, and this works for me! :)

on 1/31/2013 5:30:00 PM

This is my favourite dry shampoo that I've used thus far! I prefer powders versus aerosol cans because they last wayyyyy longer so I save lots of money too! This doesnt make my hair feel gross and it really works to suck up the oil. My only qualm is that if I apply to much, I have trouble blending it out in my black hair, which leaves a gray cast thats visible in some lights. The slight lemony scent is pleasant and is wayy better than the frederick fekkai dry shampoo which smells like bandages! I will continue to repurchase this!

on 1/27/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Works well however the smell is the major deterrent for me. It's pricey but I use bedhead's products mostly.