October 30, 2014 | 1349 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was attracted to the beautiful vintage pot. That is the only real good thing I have to say about this product.

The lid is difficult to get off, the sponge is too large, and the product pills terribly. It is very waxy in consistency, and when I try to scoop some out, I either get too much or too little product.

As a result, it sits on my vanity and looks pretty. I will not be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by annacats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product smells good and leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky, I see no difference in the way my skin looks. In fact, once I put it on, 10-15 minutes later I notice that my t zone is back to being oily. Would not reccomend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

What a piece of garbage product. Firstly, I absolutely LOVE most Benefit products, particularly their highlighters (Girl Meets Pearl, High Beam, Sun Beam, etc.) and mascaras. I purchased this product randomly during one of my many holiday Sephora cravings. I decided to purchase the smaller one ($9) after seeing mixed reviews. (I do appreciate Benefit's option to purchase travel sized versions of their products so as to have the opportunity to test the product before buying a full sized version!)

The little pot/tin it comes in is quite small and unsanitary. There is a little sponge that comes with it that gets mucked up pretty quickly and then the product gets yucky from using the sponge/fingers after just a few uses. The smell didn't bother me, but is lemon-y (kind of like furniture polish) for those of you who are sensitive to fragrance. The product pills pretty easily and then is difficult to distribute. None of this would have mattered to me had the product actually been of use. It did absolutely nothing as a finish/mattifier. Then I decided to give it a few tries as a primer, and it continued to be useless to me. I had more luck with my Covergirl + Olay Serum Primer and/or POREfessional by Benefit.

Definitely a waste and a total nothing product. Much better options out there from both other brands and Benefit themselves.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by aceboook

this made my face even more oily. i dont like the sponge either. its hard to get out. dont like the smell. it smells like a car freshener to me. didnt not feel good at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I really love this product to mattify my skin over makeup or over naked (SPF'ed) skin. I've used this for 4 years and consider it excellent. I've used a lot of mattifying products over the years. I like the citrusy fresh smell. I'll be re-re-buying till my skin shine sods the sod off.

Things I don't like:
I dislike Benefit's highly inflated prices in Ireland and I have contacted them about the extortionate mark up.
I don't like the metal tin system or the sponge sitting on top of the product.
It starts to get difficult to use up at the end- it breaks up and plays hard to get.
You need to clean your sponge regularly or it looks revoltingly manky- hot water and Bobbi Brown brush cleaner work well.... or fairy dish wash liquid. take your pick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product from my local mall.

I was looking for something that would help me control my t-zone oil... She put some of Dr. feelgood, it did mattified my t-zone with a nice pleasent lemon scent. So I got it. I realized later that this product dries out my skin like crazy.

I returned this quickly after buying

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Why make a product that is nearly impossible to open. I was tempted to hammer the side so that it would not suction shut. My BF opens it for me, which is real helpful at work when he is not here! Product didn't do anything!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always recommend the porefessional over this. hard to apply, pills when dragged, tugs the skin and the tin is a nightmare to open with freshly moisturised hands. it does feel heavy on the skin as well, only seems to work alone or under makeup and contains vitamin c, which my counter manager told me is actually a stimulant when ON the skin, which causes breakout

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a primer under makeup and it works wonderfully for me. I use my finger as opposed to the sponge that it comes with as I find it eaiser to apply that way. I find that it helps somewhat with the look of my pores but, works best against shine and gives a nice matte finish. Sometimes when my t-zone starts getting oily I pat it on and it makes my skin matte again. The fact that it's more of a balm did freak me out at first as I was afraid it as going to make me breakout but, it is somewhat silky in texture and didn't cause me to breakout. Even though it's pricey I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Total nothing product. Did nothing to my skin, other than make me worry that I'd breakout from the seemingly unnecessary added makeup layer. This is a classic example of where benefit strays into the all style and no substance territory. Also grossed out by the unhygienic applicator...not a fan.