BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

on 10/31/2014 5:46:00 PM

Looks fabulous in the tin and smells gorgeous but just doesn't work. Dried my skin out, made my foundation look dreadful and sure didn't mattify.

on 10/31/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a weird product.
Im not sure if your supposed to use it as primer or if you use it after you apply your makeup.
If you use it as your primer, its almost unlikely for you to put foundation on because it is waxy and gives your face a matte finish even for my super oily skin
However, if you use it after the makeup, for my super oily skin it works fine, and it don't get much oily as i use other powder. But if you have normal or dry skin, do not use it. Also i notice if i apply it after my makeup, the sponge come with the product is the thing i used to pat my face, it actually take away some of my makeup. So.. since its a little bit pricy, you might wanna do some sort of research before you buy it.

on 10/19/2014 6:44:00 AM

Oh my stars this is the worst! It is horrid. If you attempt to put this anywhere near your makeup you will end up having to scrub your face and start again. It is like rubbing shoe polish onto your face. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. You have been warned!

on 8/25/2014 7:44:00 AM

I don't understand this product at all. If you put it under foundation it creates a mottled finish and good luck applying it on top of your base. I've resorted to using it on my décolleté as a moisturiser just so I don't have to throw it away. A waste of money and I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/10/2014 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Terrible product. I have no idea who this would work for.

This waxy balm is not a pleasure to try and work with. Firstly it claims to be a mattifying balm and I do think it is mattifying when you first apply it but it does nothing to control oil or shine throughout the day, which is what most people look for in a mattifying product. But trying to get this product on the skin in a challenge in and of itself. I find whenever I tried to spread this balm across my face it would ball up and fall off my face in little balls. Needless to say it made quite a mess! I tried to warm the product between my fingers before applying but this did nothing to change it. The only upside is if I was able to apply this, my skin would be really smooth.

I really regret buying this product and would not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I too had a negative experience with Dr. Feelgood, I have extremely oily skin and this always *seemed* like a miracle product, when I saw that Sephora had a Trial size version I scooped it up and just could not make it work, I don't mind using a tin or using my clean hands but the product itself is pretty useless, so much that I can't imagine how it's been in production for so long, the included sponge is awful and is extremely linty.
It also requires a lot of product and doesn't spread out too evenly so the value is not good at all, it is overpriced.

on 6/24/2014 11:13:00 PM

I use this rarely because the packaging is inconvenient, I prefer to use a tube packaging product, if in a jar, I hope it is easy to open, as to this one, hard to open.. And every time I need to use a sponge. The effect is not noticeable with/without this. Won't purchase this again.

on 5/17/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought a trial size of this product from Sephora. It's a total disappointment and waste of money. It made my skin felt sheave and sticky instead of matte. It couldn't control the oil on my face at all. I threw the product away after using it for 5 days.

on 5/14/2014 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never used this product myself, but I am writing this review based on seeing it on other people. Being that there is only one shade I feel that this is fair. Plus this should be useful...an outside opinion.

I would say this is a gimmicky product, because in high school this stuff went around and a bunch of girls were using this stuff. I remember seeing my friends apply it, and change a perfectly normal face into a weird waxy, cakey, gross looking dirty face. The reviewer who said it makes dust and other things catch to it was also right on the money, because I remember seeing that happen to my girlfriends. Sounds pretty awful right?? I mean, from what I've seen, it really looked awful.

Of course I am a wondering if they could've been using it wrong?? It does seem kind of intruiging, I think it'd be something I'd want to sample my own way in the future...although I've also swatched this at the store and thought "yuck." I donno though, the "blurring" claim is very seductive!

Overall, I'd give this one star, but I'll go with 2 since I haven't put it on myself.

on 4/18/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift from my daughter, who knew I would love the retro styled packaging.

At first I didn't know what it was for, and what to do with it, so I had a look through everyone else's reviews. Dr Feelgood seems to be a bit of a Marmite makeup product. Lots of people dislike it, with varying degrees of intensity, then there are those who love it. Once I worked out that it was probably best to blot some of the balm on to the sponge then pat on to my made-up face, I've been using on an everyday basis. I can now confirm I'm in the "love it" camp.

I use it over my make up in the morning, and it takes the powdery look away. It also seems to blur out imperfections, and I prefer this over the specialist blur cream (which I found was a bit drying). If I remember to pop it into my handbag, it is useful for blotting out any shine which develops over the day.

I don't see any particular hygiene problem - my hands are clean when I apply, and the sponge can be washed regularly.

Out of interest, I've tried it with no makeup on, and it definitely evens out blotchiness, and improves the appearance of my bare skin. This is, however, academic, as I never go out without a foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser of some sort. If I were ever to be forced to do without makeup, Dr Feelgood would be an absolute necessity.

Popular Primer/ Correctors