October 1, 2014 | 1182 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras and available pretty much any where for a reasonable price. Its is a very deep black and separates the lashes perfectly. I am currently hooked on Jordana's mascara which is only available in the states, so if I am unable to get it, L'Oreal's Voluminous is my plan B.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to mascara. It's slightly pricey for a drug store mascara, but you can't beat the price when you compare it to fancy department store ones.

First - colour - the carbon black is truly that - very pigmented.

Second - volume/ length/ curl. Just for some context - My lashes are naturally very curly, longish, but fine. So I generally need a traditional brush, as opposed to a plastic brush, to build fiber and grip the lashes.

This builds volume and length, which is what I look for in a mascara. What I like best is that it's buildable - it doesn't dry or harden the lashes so you can easily apply multiple coats and even touch it up later in the day.

It doesn't give quite the length of some others (e.g. Dior /YSL mascaras) but overall it is what I use and stock up on whenever it goes on sale.

I used to be very loyal to L'Oreal's Double Extend, but I switched to this as it was cheaper, and honestly can't tell the difrerence between the formulas and brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL. This mascara is amazing!!! The best pigment, I get amazing volume with it. TRY it! I will ALWAYS repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first mascara I ever used, and it does a little bit of everything. It gives volume, but more length. It is pretty black, though. This has a normal looking brush that is easy to use. Overall, this is a pretty basic mascara..it is good but not great. I do like this but probably won't repurchase because I get bored of this mascara really easily. CONS: This tends to get clumpy after a month, but I have found that removing the excess mascara on the wand with a tissue helps a lot! the mascara is almost as good as new. This is also harder to remove than maybelline mascara. You need makeup remover. Maybelline colossal removes with warm water.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by tina1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara,it might not be for everyone.if you have extremely short lashes you might want to look for something else,some treatment.My lashes are average not long,and I get many complements on my mascara and eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in a purple tube on clearance for $1.78. I'd read a lot of reviews and decided it was time to try. At first I liked it but now have used better and wouldn't go back to it. It weighs my lashes down even after curling them. It also clumps very bad, especially after first opening and when it starts to dry out. The volume and length this gives are decent but I have found better with Maybelline mascaras. I repurchased the regular one at around $6 but won't again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

ORIG REVIEW (July 2013): I've long eye lashes to begin w/ but they are unfortunately THIN :(. However, I find this to be a very nice mascara. It smells nice & feels light weight. Seems to fill in the gaps / spaces if I apply in a back & forth motion. It has a great standard brush. Rich JET BLACK color too. I like that even when I've 3 coats on, it is not brittle or stiff feeling.

UPDATE(June 2014): Wanted to RE-write as I keep up-dating anyways. After almost a yr I've come full circle! Experimenting now for a yr w/ sooo many (too many lol) mascaras. From Smashbox to Maybelline (high to low end). This CB is the ONLY mascara that really does both length, volume (thickness) & color in the manner req'd for my skimpy lashes. I'm East Indian, so already have black lashes, so (my) mascara needs to be super black to stand out. This is by far the blackest I've tried on my paticular lashes (next to Mega Plush) & the type of black I like -- RICH, BLACK PIGMENT on the matte-ish side. I love that it doesn't smell toxic, has panthenol, & the formula is thick for application. Even tho the wand is simple, it packs a punch as only 2 coats provide me w/ a luscious lash look. Often a little over $12 at Shoppers Drug Mart, but recently I've discovered Target sells it for much less as my 2nd last one was only $6.50. Fav (HG) Drug-Store.
CON: Get it on SALE as it lasts ONE MONTH MAX - otherwise you'll get a gloopy, clumpy mess. Love this mascara, but it has NO longevity. Good that it's in-expensive!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Danielleeee

I have bought many mascara products out of curiousity to see if anything could beat how much I love this product. Nothing compares. Even the most expensive brands! I always go back to this. It delivers everything you want and look for in a mascara. Period!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by msaer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Maybelline's Falsies for like 5 years and I had the urge to buy this. I watched and read so many good reviews on this, some reviews even comparing the two. But unfortunately it didn't work for me! I'm pretty sad about it because it looks so sleek and lots of asian girls with crap lashes like mine loved it! But it weighed my lashes all the way down (I used the waterproof one hoping it would hold like the Maybelline waterproof formulas) and wasn't as voluminous as my Falsies! It was only $5 at walmart so try it? Maybe it will work for you! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

HG mascara!!!!!!!!!!!! I have used this since I started make up which was in highschool and 10 years later I'm still using this. I have tried many products but found that they don't give me volume/length (yes length lol) as this product does. It doesn't clump or flake which is amazing! I don't use this on my bottom lashes as it does smear a bit, I use rimmel lash accelerator for that. I combine this with my diorshow maximizer lash plumping serum and get perfect lashes, people always ask if I'm wearing falsies ;)