August 20, 2014 | 1066 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by tina1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara,it might not be for everyone.if you have extremely short lashes you might want to look for something else,some treatment.My lashes are average not long,and I get many complements on my mascara and eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in a purple tube on clearance for $1.78. I'd read a lot of reviews and decided it was time to try. At first I liked it but now have used better and wouldn't go back to it. It weighs my lashes down even after curling them. It also clumps very bad, especially after first opening and when it starts to dry out. The volume and length this gives are decent but I have found better with Maybelline mascaras. I repurchased the regular one at around $6 but won't again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

ORIG REVIEW (July 2013): I've long eye lashes to begin w/ but they are unfortunately THIN :(. However, I find this to be a very nice mascara. It smells nice & feels light weight. Seems to fill in the gaps / spaces if I apply in a back & forth motion. It has a great standard brush. Rich JET BLACK color too. I like that even when I've 3 coats on, it is not brittle or stiff feeling.

UPDATE(June 2014): Wanted to RE-write as I keep up-dating anyways. After almost a yr I've come full circle! Experimenting now for a yr w/ sooo many (too many lol) mascaras. From Smashbox to Maybelline (high to low end). This CB is the ONLY mascara that really does both length, volume (thickness) & color in the manner req'd for my skimpy lashes. I'm East Indian, so already have black lashes, so (my) mascara needs to be super black to stand out. This is by far the blackest I've tried on my paticular lashes (next to Mega Plush) & the type of black I like -- RICH, BLACK PIGMENT on the matte-ish side. I love that it doesn't smell toxic, has panthenol, & the formula is thick for application. Even tho the wand is simple, it packs a punch as only 2 coats provide me w/ a luscious lash look. Often a little over $12 at Shoppers Drug Mart, but recently I've discovered Target sells it for much less as my 2nd last one was only $6.50. Fav (HG) Drug-Store.
CON: Get it on SALE as it lasts ONE MONTH MAX - otherwise you'll get a gloopy, clumpy mess. Love this mascara, but it has NO longevity. Good that it's in-expensive!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Danielleeee

I have bought many mascara products out of curiousity to see if anything could beat how much I love this product. Nothing compares. Even the most expensive brands! I always go back to this. It delivers everything you want and look for in a mascara. Period!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by msaer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Maybelline's Falsies for like 5 years and I had the urge to buy this. I watched and read so many good reviews on this, some reviews even comparing the two. But unfortunately it didn't work for me! I'm pretty sad about it because it looks so sleek and lots of asian girls with crap lashes like mine loved it! But it weighed my lashes all the way down (I used the waterproof one hoping it would hold like the Maybelline waterproof formulas) and wasn't as voluminous as my Falsies! It was only $5 at walmart so try it? Maybe it will work for you! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

HG mascara!!!!!!!!!!!! I have used this since I started make up which was in highschool and 10 years later I'm still using this. I have tried many products but found that they don't give me volume/length (yes length lol) as this product does. It doesn't clump or flake which is amazing! I don't use this on my bottom lashes as it does smear a bit, I use rimmel lash accelerator for that. I combine this with my diorshow maximizer lash plumping serum and get perfect lashes, people always ask if I'm wearing falsies ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't like it. It's kinda clumpy and leaves my lashes really wet and heavy. It also smudges SO much!! just terrible overall

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to warm up to this mascara. When the tube is new, it's a mess. The formula is very, very wet, so if you're not extremely careful it will get everywhere and smudge like crazy. But once the tube has dried out a bit, I love it. It gives fantastic volume and the mascara is jet black. It does have a tendency to clump if you're not careful, but I accept this as a reality of dealing with a mascara that deposits so much volume on your lashes.

Another reason why it's not HG for me, is that it smudges onto my lower lids throughout the day. It's definitely not waterproof either. If I don't take it off before a shower, I'll come out looking like I put greasepaint under my eyes. Even so, I'll probably buy this mascara again if I see it on a sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I got this as part of a goodie bag my friend gave me. Considering how mascaras always seem to disappoint besides my trusty Lash Power by Clinique I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

This made my lashes so full and long! Really separates every lash and it makes it look fluttery. Unfortunately it was a mess putting it on because product would get onto my face. I experienced the worse smudging with this mascara. It's also a pain in the ass to remove as well. It never wants to come off.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by 36CHAMBERSAGAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the messiest mascara i've ever tried. No matter how much I wipe off the brush before I apply it, how careful I am, I end up getting this EVERYWHERE. This has never happened to me with any other mascaras before. Once its on it looks fine but I would not repurchase because its such a PITA to apply.

EDIT: Really dislike. After around 2 months, it starts to get really gloopy and clumpy and theres no way to get it to look good. DNW.