July 28, 2014 | 2063 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Prada Tendre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

Wow! What a beautiful, elegant fragrance this is! I also love the original Prada, but Tendre is a lighter version, as if Prada is for night and Tendre is for day. However having said that, I think Tendre is perfect for night as well. The fragrance is described as a woody oriental, which fits it perfectly I think. The best way I can describe the fragrance as to how it smells on me, is like woody, incense and jasmine that smell like they've had honey trickled over them. This is a fragrance that sits well with my body chemisty as well and smells like it becomes part of you rather than fighting you. Like the original, I find the scent to be extremely elegant and classy smelling - it smells like you've paid a lot of money for this! Even if you don't like the original Prada and find it too heavy, give Tendre a chance as you may just like this lighter version!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I may have found my signature scent! More wearable to a younger audience than the original Prada EDP which I found a tad strong. If you like something a little left of center in terms of fragrances, than definitely check this one out! I'm from the generation that grew up in a market over saturated with candy sweet florals/fruits and an over abundance of vanilla. I used to love those scents, but as I grew older, found them to be sickingly sweet. I decided to venture into other scents and stumbled upon Prada tendre. The delicate lilac liquid was exactly what I was looking for! It's a woody slightly oriental scent with a top flourish of florals which is right up my alley. It's sexy without being cute and the sharp top notes give the impression of a women in charge. The smooth drydown is why I think everyone falls in love with this fragrance; it's smooth and mysterious yet stays light, fresh and young. On my skin, it's detectable only when you're very close. Very sensual. This fragrance travels quite well from the warmer months to the colder winter months. Many people have likened this fragrance to Chanel's CoCo Mademoiselle. I have both versions of CM (EDP and EDT) and can say that to me, they smell very very different from tendre. The patchouli in CM is much more pronounced than in tendre and on my skin, CM smells the same when freshly sprayed and later on in the day and is stronger while tendre changes quite drastically from sharp and spicy to smooth floral to woodsy patchouli. Calvin Klein's Euphoria, which I also have is also different, but much more like tendre than CM is. Euphoria is in the same scent family as tendre and even has a purply hue to the liquid like tendre; but it is much more sweet smelling than tendre and less woodsy, which is why i don't like it as much. Even if you have CM/Euphoria, give tendre a try, I find that they are different enough from each other to warrant a purchase if you like the scent. Finally, the price is right on par with other scents from HE brands like Chanel that one can find at the department store. The packaging is quite nice to look at but harder to spray b/c of the position of the spout. I cannot say enough good things about this scent and encourage everyone to give it a chance. I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is much nicer than the normal Prada eau de parfum, which is way too heady and strong. This is gentle, but delicious, and people often comment on it when I wear it. It is such a yummy smell that I can't resist keep sniffing my wrists!

One of my personal favourites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this much better than the original Prada, (which was too strong). Tendre is not really the same as the original as the base notes are slightly different, although they do smell similar in the first fews seconds after spraying. This fragrance is described as an Oriental Woody, which I find very apt, as on me its slightly sweet but woody at the same time. It's one of the few fragrances that I can smell on myself and doesn't just disappear on my skin. It's sophisticated and different at the same time, not like the 100's of usual fruity florals. I usually go for citrusy scents but find none of them stay on my skin, so this was a pleasent change for me as I don't like sweet fragrances, avoid vanilla and wasn't really keen on patchouli (Indonesian patchouli in this case), however it's very well blended in this. I get a a very dry lemon/verbena smell first then the woody notes then the patchouli. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted nothing to do with this fragrance until spring rolled around this year. Having worn Prada EDP all fall and winter, Tendre seemed like a generic wisp of floral I was better off without. However, the second the weather warmed and the days brightened, this was all I wanted on my wrists. While it bears no resemblance to the original amber Prada, this is still a lovely fragrance that stands out among a sea of department store fruity-florals.
For me, it begins very green and fresh. After a few minutes, however, a floral sweetness comes through. I definitely get a soft plum-and-jasmine-tea scent. The best part is that this manages to last all day without ever being overwhelming. While I still think there is nothing particularly unique, exceptional, or interesting about Tendre, it's a light, unobtrusive scent that's perfect for me in the warmer months.
Notes:
Siamese Benzoin, Plum Accord, Indonesian Patchouli Leaves, Verbena, Cedarwood, Labdanum, Cardamom, Mate Leaves, Indian Sandalwood, Jasmine, Vetiver.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sheilap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume my boyfriend bought it for me for our 3yr annversery I fell in love as soon as i smelled it.. it dosen't smell too sweet or too strong it smells perfect.. so too all my ladys out there tell your man to go out & buy you this perfume they won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bacardibelly

I love everything about this product:

Its beautiful; sleek clean lines that only seek to enhance the freshness and sophistication of the scent.
It's a grown up but fresh scent and sits well for both day and evening. I have the whole range of products and its just divine. Bring out a candle please Prada!

I should be reviewing this badly to discourage people - don't want everyone smelling of it!

It sits with my other faves - Origins Ginger Essence, Happy by Clinique and Allure by Chanel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tessture

All the woody notes make is sound like it should be an incense scent and it has elements of that, but the plum and jasmine keep it in the firmly feminine/perfume arena. It's very pretty, MUCH lighter than the heavy, wears-me Prada but is still more oriental than my favorite, Prada's Infusion d'Iris. I would feel okay buying this as a gift for someone I didn't know very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by adeglass

I have gone through many differnet perfumes over the years and would chuck bottles out half done. This is one that is going to be around for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I bought a 30ml just because I wasn't sure however this perfume is DIVINE. My husband even likes it and he is Mr. fussy. I just find that its feminine and boldly sexy without being too much. I actually get compliments on this (in addition to my HG Chanel Coco Mademoiselle which I will probably wear for the rest of my natural life). Get this! I doubt you will be dissapointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ropey

I tried this on in the shop today and my instant reaction was Ugh! Why did I put this on?! After ten minutes though it dried to a much more pleasant smell and I found myself constantly sniffing at my wrist.
I usually go for more floral, fruity light perfumes but I found myself really liking this. I'm not too good at describing scents, but its a heavier, stronger smell, something I wouldn't wear everyday but great for special occasions.
Great staying power, could still smell it on my wrist even after showering.