July 28, 2014 | 1488 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm kind of disappointed by this product because it is supposed to be for sensitive skin (which I actually don't have) and it always leaves me so itchy afterwards. It smells lovely, comes in a huge bottle, is super cheap and leaves my skin feeling moisturized but I can't stand feeling like I have a rash on my whole body with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by PrettyOne21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin, and most of the body gels/soaps i've used my whole life leave my skin dry (but i use a certain type of body lotion that works for my dry skin, so it counterbalances it i guess). When my dad bought this, i was kind of excited because i like shea butter. So while i was showering, i immediately noticed how soft and smooth the gel was (cool). Once i dried off, i expected my skin to be dry (like after every wash), but to my amazement it actually really wasn't. My skin felt so moisturized/hydrated (usually my skin is like 100% dry after i take my shower, but this body wash only left my skin 10%-15% dry). Not only that, my skin was super soft and smooth (i almost didn't put on my body cream like i usually do after i shower lol). This body wash had no lauryl (even the brand name soaps/gel that claim to hydrate your skin and have no lauryl still leaves your skin super dry!). The smell was good, and the bottle cute-looking. Of course it didn't last long in my household (everyone was using it lol), so i was sad when it ran out. Will be buying this from now on and keeping it to myself :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shocked at how well this works. Purchased a bottle out of sheer desperation when the drugstore was out of my Aveeno. I was so worried that it wold irritate my skin because of the reviews I'd read here but I got really lucky with this one. It's creamy, it's rich, a little goes a long way on my Salux. The results did not really kick in for me until after my shower and after I applied my Aveeno Lotion. Then I could really feel the benefits. Just super super soft skin, much softer than with the Aveeno Body Wash AND it was under $3.00. So of course I've now got to go back and see if I can find a matching lotion. It would be pretty great if the lotion worked as well or better than the Aveeno - I would give it up for this product for sure - cheaper and more moisturizing. What a happy surprise!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lhuang613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very and smooth with a subtle smell. Produces lots of thick foam. Really loved it, wish it were sold in Costco though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my skin is so amazingly soft and silky because of this. its winter and i dont even use lotion anymore because of this. it's really sped up my routine. also, no greasy lotion feel either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this creamy body wash. I like the yummy but not sickening scent, especially in winter, and it leaves my skin soft and hydrated. One of my favourites of St. Ives. Sometimes I mix some drops of tea tree oil to it and use it as a face wash. It removes makeup very good without drying my skin while the tea tree oil works against blemishes. Also the scent mix is very nice. Hard to believe, but true.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really wonderful product for the price (I got it for under $3). It is very creamy, moderately moisturizing and creates a good lather with a pleasant, inoffensive scent that lingers a bit after your shower. Basically, it does the job and the creamy consistency makes it feel more luxurious than some other pricier body washes! I kind of wish the packaging was cuter because I'm just vain like that...But really it's a great product that I'd highly recommend if you are seeking a good quality, budget shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have been using different Dove body washes for the last few years, and I love them too, but I don't feel like they always rinse off very well. I use St. Ives face scrub, so I decided to give this a shot (it's cheaper than Dove too). I am so glad I did! I have pretty dry, sundamaged skin from living in the Vegas sun my whole life, and I love the calming moisture this wash gives. Smells fab too (and I am not usually a warm scent person, but this is more of a almondy/oatmeal smell, unlike most vanilla like smells that come with oatmeal washes).

No real complaints at all. The price is perfect, it works great. St. Ives is underloved in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I really enjoy St.Ives body washes they are not too expensive and they don't have parabens, I always repurchase them. I usually go for this one in the cooler months and the citrus one in the warmer months but it doesn't really matter they are both great. The only one I don't like is the sea salt one, the sea salt gets everywhere and dries up in clumps and it clogs the bottle and I don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a lovely and comforting scent! It is also very moisturizing and lathers up to a cushiony foam with my Salux wash clothes.