St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hexylcinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035) (CI 16035), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (CI 42090)

on 10/20/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using (may I say boring) Dr. Bronner's from my local health food store for the longest time, until two things happened: 1.) I got bored with using clear soap out of a refill jar and 2.) I found out that Dr. Bronner's pH is that of a detergent, which probably explains why it works so well for removing even the toughest waterproof mascaras. I was in Walmart one night and finally let myself into the body wash aisle. I prefer as natural as possible, and Walmart only carries a few of these. I picked St. Ives and Dove, and decided that St. Ives I will use as a moisturizing liquid soap in the bathroom. I ended up using it in the shower, and I am shocked how well it works. I always thought that no body wash can really moisturize the skin well because it's washed away, but with Oatmeal and Shea Butter I can tell a huge difference. My skin is fairly smooth on its own, but with this it's silky smooth, and actually smells sweet after I towel off. I am amazed by this body wash. So good and so cheap! It will last me a long time, and I will certainly repurchase.

PS: I end up using Dove for washing hands now most of the time. St. Ives wins!

*** *** ***
11/10/13: Unfortunately, St. Ives is not cruelty-free anymore, and is testing on animals, since it has been acquired by Unilever. This has happened at least two years ago, and I have just discovered. I am quite disappointed, as I loved St. Ives for their natural, widely available and affordable products. I will use this body wash up, but will not be repurchasing...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This body wash is absolutely amazing and is very affordable! You can get a 24 oz bottle (which will last you several months) for 3.97 US dollars. By far my favorite St. Ive's product, this body wash made my previously dry skin very smooth and soft; plus it smells really good, like oats but you can't really smell the shea butter. It comes out of the bottle very liquidy but you do not need to use a ton to cover yourself unless you wabt to since it is so cheap! It can also double as shaving cream because it lathers up nicely into a white foam that makes shaving much easier than it was to dry shave. The packing it comes in is a sturdy plastic that won't dent if it falls. Also the cap didn't break, automatically warranting it a 5 for packaging :) Overall this product is inexpensive, works well, and is highly recommended! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very nice moisturizing product that does not irritate my sensitive skin. It cleans, suds up, and rinses well.

on 8/14/2013 12:22:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I have literally tried almost everything out there. I have very sensitive skin and most products make me itchy or I brake out from them. I've tried Aveeno too.This one was the best. No irritation at all and it leaves your skin feeling soft& clean. plus it's not spendy :)

on 7/11/2013 6:58:00 PM

It is hard to beat the value of St. Ives body washes. Oatmeal and shea butter body wash contains gycerin, shea butter and oatmeal extract. This lathers up beautifully and does not dry out my skin or leave a residue.

on 6/14/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm kind of disappointed by this product because it is supposed to be for sensitive skin (which I actually don't have) and it always leaves me so itchy afterwards. It smells lovely, comes in a huge bottle, is super cheap and leaves my skin feeling moisturized but I can't stand feeling like I have a rash on my whole body with this one.

on 4/13/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have really dry skin, and most of the body gels/soaps i've used my whole life leave my skin dry (but i use a certain type of body lotion that works for my dry skin, so it counterbalances it i guess). When my dad bought this, i was kind of excited because i like shea butter. So while i was showering, i immediately noticed how soft and smooth the gel was (cool). Once i dried off, i expected my skin to be dry (like after every wash), but to my amazement it actually really wasn't. My skin felt so moisturized/hydrated (usually my skin is like 100% dry after i take my shower, but this body wash only left my skin 10%-15% dry). Not only that, my skin was super soft and smooth (i almost didn't put on my body cream like i usually do after i shower lol). This body wash had no lauryl (even the brand name soaps/gel that claim to hydrate your skin and have no lauryl still leaves your skin super dry!). The smell was good, and the bottle cute-looking. Of course it didn't last long in my household (everyone was using it lol), so i was sad when it ran out. Will be buying this from now on and keeping it to myself :p

on 2/20/2013 9:06:00 PM

Shocked at how well this works. Purchased a bottle out of sheer desperation when the drugstore was out of my Aveeno. I was so worried that it wold irritate my skin because of the reviews I'd read here but I got really lucky with this one. It's creamy, it's rich, a little goes a long way on my Salux. The results did not really kick in for me until after my shower and after I applied my Aveeno Lotion. Then I could really feel the benefits. Just super super soft skin, much softer than with the Aveeno Body Wash AND it was under $3.00. So of course I've now got to go back and see if I can find a matching lotion. It would be pretty great if the lotion worked as well or better than the Aveeno - I would give it up for this product for sure - cheaper and more moisturizing. What a happy surprise!

on 2/19/2013 9:42:00 PM

Very and smooth with a subtle smell. Produces lots of thick foam. Really loved it, wish it were sold in Costco though.

on 2/2/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

my skin is so amazingly soft and silky because of this. its winter and i dont even use lotion anymore because of this. it's really sped up my routine. also, no greasy lotion feel either.