Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hello everyone :)

Note:
I use the clinical strength certain dri antiperspirant roll on. "stops excessive perspiration(hyperhidrosis) for 72 hours.

This is my first review I have done in a long time, but I needed to do this review as this product is amazing. Since puberty I have had an excessive sweating problem ( Hyperhidrosis ) and yes its gross its means I had big pit stains on my shirt and sometimes sweat would run down my arm , I know its gross and true , but I don't have these problems anymore because certain dri has worked for me. I have tried many anti antiperspirants before and none worked, I reviewed this product and heard many good reviews, although some people get rashes/irritations I decided to take the risk, as I am not allergic to anything. I can't believe how well this product works. I get 0% sweat and I am not lying. I paid $13 including shipping cost off ebay to get this shipped to New Zealand. Please try this product and don't be afraid of getting rash/irritation as you may be like me and only get a bit of itching.

My experience: When I first applied I didn't put enough on and it didn't work. Next night I put on more, and after I applied my armpits itched, but totally worth it because next day I had dry armpits. I use this every night. I don't get itchy anymore and I don't know why. I do shower and shave at night but I sleep late so I don't apply this product till like 6 hrs after shaven armpits, I apply it just before bed. I only use the one for night and the roll on formula, I don't use the am one. I was honestly amazed by this product so please try it and you have nothing to lose. I am shocked because i didn't think it would work this well, it�s taking away all my sweat, I hardly get any smell either.

Pros: 0% sweat, hardly any smell under arm pits, $13 I consider a good price for a product that gives my confidence back, I am willing to help anyone that has any questions on this product so feel free to contact me emilyemilyworld@outlook.com

Negative: some people have irritation, I had itchy problem but it doesn't happen now, have to apply at night time, can't apply straight after shaving (certain dri antiperspirant comes with paper explaining all the do's and don'ts)

please note: if your finding this product doesn't work for you, make sure you use it for 1-2 weeks everynight as this product works by creating a buildup in your pores so sweat cant get through so give it time to build up and then you don't have to use everynight but for best results use everynight. If you have used for two weeks and still doesn't work then u know it doesn't work for yourself (but make sure u were applying a decent amount everynight)

I hope I helped. I just wanted to spread the word that this antiperspirant is amazing and feel free to email me with any questions , I am glad to help and I understand your struggle as I used to sweat a lot , this could be the life changing product for you. Good luck and thank you for reading :)

this product contains aluminum chloride 12% which is the only active ingredient in it, and has a few other ingredients that are inactive.My point is that there are a few other antiperspirants out there that also contain this ingredient which I'm sure will work similar if not the same so if u come across a product with a different name but it has just the one active ingredient being aluminum chloride then go for it use it.(get whatever is easier/cheaper for you) it could have anywhere from 12-20%.

PS: I use the roll on formula and I highly recommend you use this formula as it seems people have more success with it :)
update: If you struggle with the antiperspirant making you feel itchy i found applying talcum powder before putting on the antiperspirant helps. (when u apply the talcum powder let it soak up the excess moisture for 1-2 minutes then apply certain dri)

If your struggling with sweat in other areas or any areas on body email me as im currently testing this product on other parts of body to see reactions and so far so good.
emilyemilyworld@outlook.com - Here to help and support, not judge :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!! For as long as I can remember, and I mean, going back to middle and probably elementary school, I have always had a problem with excessive armpit sweating, all times of the year. It was so bad, I carried a sweater everywhere and wore black shirts to hide it. So embarrassing!! I tried every "clinical strength" deodorant out there, but nothing worked. I read about this on here and all the amazing reviews and decided it would be my last try before getting an actual prescription. It worked!! I use it every 3 days, always 24 hours after shaving. I have the bar one as well for when I need to shave and still use it that night. I will never ever ever go back, it's my holy grail!!

I don't believe I have hyperhidrosis, but all I can really say is that despite vigilant use of deodorant and showering every day (I have an oily scalp), I still smell. So finally, I broke down and bought both this and the AM product. My only hesitation previously was that I shower in the morning, and I was confused by the whole process of putting a deodorant product on at night. So I scoured the directions and put it on, as instructed, at night. About 10 minutes after I got into bed, my armpits were itching and burning like nobody's business. I didn't actually scratch them though, because of the burning, and I was literally up all night in incredible discomfort. So I decided that the safe thing to do would be to skip the next day. But on day 3, I went back to it, but made sure that there were at least 12 hours between my shower and shaving my pits and using this. Same problem. The next day, I didn't shave, and the same problem again. After 10 days, I was so uncomfortable, I kept checking my armpits to see if I had swollen lymph nodes or abscesses under my arms. I decided at that point that smelling bad for a little while was a better option for me than living in extreme pain.

That same day, not willing to give up quite yet, I went on certain dri's website as a last ditch effort to see if they had any suggestions. When you click Contact Us, they have this form that you fill out, no email address or phone number. This is because they clearly have no intention of getting back to you. Completely unacceptable.

THIS PRODUCT WORKS: I've been using Certain DRI for two days but TRUST ME it works! I tested this product the morning after I purchased it (Rite Aid: $9). I showered and put it on, I have a solid stick so I put between 4-6 strokes under each arm.
THE TEST: I wore a LIGHT grey TIGHT shirt, I had to go register for my classes for the fall semester and it was between 85-90 degress out. When I got in the car, of course it took a while for my car to cool down but I didn't wait and my armpits DID NOT sweat at all. Usually after 2-3 min. in the car; before it cools down, I can notice my armpits sweating. When I got to the campus, I purposely parked about a 3-5 min. walk away from the admission office and it was HOT, and my armpits did not sweat. I went through the day without sweating and not afraid to put my arms up.
FOR THE PEOPLE SAYING THE PRODUCT DOESNT WORK: If you have Certain DRI roll on , try the solid stick and if you already have the solid stick and it's not working put between 8-10 strokes and/or use Certain DRI A.M
THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT: This product is great, there are 4 different Certain DRI products; Roll-on, Solid, Roll-on A.M, Solid A.M. I perfer solid instead of roll-on but it's your choice, if you get the product and you don't see as much change as you would like use the A.M product as well. If it works for me it should work for you, my armpits didn't drip with sweat but it did keep me away from light color shirts and kept my arms down throughout the day so noone could see the sweat stain. NOW I can do those things.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This didn't work for me. It didn't keep me dry nor did it prevent me from smelling. This made me stink pretty bad so I tossed it. I didn't even do any strenuous activity when I wore it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go to antiperspirant. I find that I only need to apply twice a week (that's right 2 times a week) and my armpits are sweat free.

Works great in preventing blisters on feet when I run as well.

Trick is apply at night, it takes a few hours for the stuff to work on ones sweat glands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ever since puberty hit, I started sweating, it was excessive and embarrassing. I always had to be aware of clothing I bought, because if I got anything too bright or tight, my sweat marks would be very very noticeable. It has been a struggle. If I took the chance and wore something sweat shows up easy on, I ALWAYS regretted it. I found this product about a week ago, and man, LIFE CHANGER!! Buy it. Seriously. It's a little costly, but it's worth it for sure. No more sweat marks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whaaaaat this stuff is great. I used to sweat more than average, but I use Certain Dri at night on my armpits and under my boobs. I blow-dry it on the cool setting completely, so it doesn't get itchy. I don't sweat at all from those areas now. I use it twice a week or so, at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

There are very few cosmetic products out there that deserve the word "life-changing," and this is one of them.

No one likes to be a sweater (to the point where I was even like eh, do I really actually want to write about my adventures in sweat for this review?). I realized in middle school that I was, to an excessive degree. It's normal to sweat when you're hot or stressed or active. It's not normal to sit on your couch, watch TV, and sweat through your shirt - that was me. And let me tell you - being a teenager is bad. Being a teenager with sweat problems? Horrifically awful. I'm pretty sure I didn't raise my hand in class because I didn't want anyone to see. I wore all black not because of a goth phase, but because it is the only color that totally hides sweat stains.

Enter a tiny little blurb in Seventeen Magazine when I was about fifteen. It was written by a fellow sweater and recommended Certain Dri. I pretended that I needed lip gloss and had my mom drive me to Walgreen's (because, again, no one likes to talk about sweat). I snuck this up to the register and bought it. This was before the era of Secret's Clinical Strength, so the idea that there was a such thing as prescription-strength antiperspirant was kind of mind-blowing. And that was that - my sweating, while it didn't stop completely, was greatly reduced. I could wear colored t-shirts. I started trying in dance again, because I wasn't constantly living in fear that someone would comment on my pit stains (which they would, because fifteen year-old girls are terrible).

A few things about this. One, it won't stop you from sweating completely, but it does a darn good job. I applied it every day as an overzealous teenager - you don't have to do that (and probably shouldn't). It took a few days for me to first see results. Two, READ THE DIRECTIONS AND DO NOT APPLY RIGHT AFTER A SHOWER/SHAVING. Just don't. It burns like a m-f$@%er. Three, know that it's a much better deal and more effective than the more highly priced deodorant brands that have jumped on the clinical strength bandwagon recently.

Now, I'm in my twenties and the sweating has calmed down significantly, so I don't really use this anymore, except in situations where I know I'm going to be stressed out, etc. I used it for about eight years straight (with a few breaks here and there to try out the Secret stuff), so I really couldn't remember what it was like not to use it. One very important thing I did notice is that the skin under my arms significantly improved after I stopped using it (to be clear, I stopped using it every day once I sat my butt down and read the instructions). It is strong stuff and is definitely tough on your skin - I don't want to say the skin under my arms was discolored, because that's not the right word, but it was definitely darker and rougher. One of my friends uses it and, on the nights she doesn't apply it, actually uses coconut oil under her arms to help combat the skin issues and finds that it helps. If you seriously sweat like I did, this is probably an acceptable trade-off for you. If not - you've been warned and maybe want to go for the bigger brand clinical strength antiperspirants that are mixed with a deodorant and have skin conditioning properties (again, I didn't find them to be as effective).

Packaging is effective. It's not pretty, but you probably aren't going to sit this out on a nice shelf in your house anyway (hello, guests, I sweat excessively!). It's pricier than your basic deodorant, but less expensive than other clinical strength products. It has no deodorizing properties, so you're going to want to swipe on your favorite deodorant the next morning before heading out. I really only used it under my arms, but I've heard of it being effective with hands too. There are a ton of issues with the aluminum product in antiperspirants like this. It is, unfortunately, a bit of a necessary evil if you are a serious sweater and has to be a personal decision. It's one of the things that led to be seriously cutting down on my usage.

Anyway, this has been a long review, but bottom line - if you sweat a lot and are uncomfortable with it, you owe it to yourself to try this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I picked this up at Walmart on a whim after having tried clinical strength deodorants to no avail and oh my heck is this one huge life saver! I've been struggling with sweat for many years (since I was thirteen specifically) and had pretty much given up when I spotted this on the very bottom shelf. I bought it not really expecting any sort of miracle but I quickly changed my mind. I used this as directed and I've honestly never been so clean and dry under my underarms, I will make sure to NEVER run out of this.
I didn't experience the burn that everyone else is talking about (probably because I have had laser hair removal on my armpits and no longer have the need to shave that area), but I have to agree that your skin might itch for a few days. This is due to the Aluminum Chloride in it which is working to dry your underarm sweat glands a little bit, NOT clog them as other reviewers have said.

Just a heads up on Aluminum Chloride, it's been linked to breast cancer in EXCESSIVE amounts, which has been proven countless times to not be a substantial amount to cause breast cancer in regards to antiperspirants. You should be just FINE using this stuff if you use it as directed, if you use in excessive amounts you might develop a rash but that's it. I used it once at night for the first three days and then stopped application. I've only been reapplying when I've noticed I've started sweating an incredible amount again.

Overall I say if you sweat a bunch or just have incredibly bad body odor that you're trying to take care of that deodorant simply can't handle all by itself get this, you won't regret it and at only four to seven dollars what have you got to lose, except maybe one of the best products on the market.