December 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Sunscreen - Bioderma - Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF 50 PPD 35

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY SKIN: combo/dry (winter); combo/oily (summer); prone to breakouts and surface dehydration

TEXTURE: runny, yet thick lotion

PACKAGING: convenient tube with flip-cap; however, due to the runny nature of the fluid, it's easy to spill out too much and waste excess product around the cap's pour-opening

WEARABILITY: this was great on my winter dry and dehydrated skin; no burning even if I over-did acids on my face; will never dry to a matte finish and leaves a distinct shine on my face; while waterproof, this is definitely not sweatproof (white rivulets on my face and neck during workouts); makeup does not apply easily over this since it remains tacky on my skin; product ran into my eyes by end of day if I didn't set it with foundation and/or powder

CONCLUSION: this is great for sensitive, dry or dehydrated skin; I liked this for days when I knew I was going to be home all day and didn't need to put on makeup; this is definitely a winter sunscreen for me and not one I'd consider a favorite or something I'd use everyday

MY USAGE/TIP: to combat the drying effect from the Sofina Lucent sunscreen and to combat winter dryness, I've been applying slightly less than the 1/4 teaspoon of this suncreen followed by almost a 1/4 teaspoon of the Sofina (wait a few minutes in between at least for max absorption). I found the alcohol would dry out the tackiness and after waiting a few minutes, the Sofina would dry to a smooth, semi-matte finish...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by fanaticfringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really like this sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is much lighter than the cream version but what I donīt like about it is that you have to check for white casts on your face after application but I guess this is normal with high sunscreens like this. At first it seems greasy on your skin but after some minutes it sinks nicely leaving it in a normal state but still feels kind of heavy so I donīt think I would use this with make up during summer time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have an oily nose and chin and am super dry everywhere else. I am also a light skinned Asian with beige undertones. Over the past year and a half I really noticed some hypopigmentation developing on the sides of my cheeks to where it became very pronounced white circles on several spots on each cheek. I tried all sorts of exfoliators, acids, peels, serums and nothing seemed to make them go away. I've also been an avid sunscreen wearer since I was in my teens (I'm 34 now).

After reading the Skincare Board and how they many of them repeat how a high ppd sunscreen is so important I decided to give Bioderma and Avene a try. Previously I only thought a high spf mattered. I tried Avene first but it made my skin even drier even with moisturizer underneath. Then I tried the Bioderma Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF 50+...have been in love ever since. Within 2 weeks I noticed a significant difference in the white spots on my cheeks...they were so much less noticeable! My foundation actually covered them up whereas before nothing concealed them. I'm on my 4th or 5th tube of this sunscreen and my white spots are almost gone. I don't have any problem putting this over my moisturizer, and it doesn't bother my eye area either. It can have a slight white cast at first, but I just pat it onto my face until it almost dissappears. Nothing a little powder won't fix...and my liquid foundation goes on nicely over it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Tiger_sist

I wanted to try Bioderma's sunscreen so much after the amazing result from its Crealine H2O cleanser. When I went on holidays in Macau, I bought this fluide at discounted price from local beauty store, but still expensive compare to France's retail price. After 3-4 days of layering it on my face, I was fairly pleased with its sun protection considering how intense the sunlight was in Macau - my skin didnt tan or get burn at all. However when I got home and started to use it on daily basis from 7am-6pm, I started to break out into tiny pimples and my face became pretty oily half way through the day. When I switched to my usual SPF30 sunscreen, pimples stopped coming up. I am not sure which ingredients clogged and irritated my skin, but if I'm not wrong, SD alcohol is present in this sunscreen. All in all, if you have an acne prone skin, study the ingredients before purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dalenna

PROS:
- The protection, of course :D
- Light yet very moisturizing, even for my dry combo skin
- It does leave a very shiny film after application, but I've found that skipping moisturizer eliminates this problem. It actually goes on dewy and dries to a beautiful semi-matte finish on bare skin, much like the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++

CONS:
- This stuff burns!!! If you would believe it, it stings my eyes during application around the forehead and chin - not even close to the eye areas! I am guessing the culprit must be the avobenzone...After just 1 week (that felt like an eternity) of watery and irritated eyes, I couldn't take it anymore and gave up :(
- The sunscreen never really absorbs into my skin. Yes, it dries to a beautiful semi-matte finish on bare skin but would slowly separates and shifts around in patches as the day wears on. I'd look so awful by the afternoon that I'd have to wipe it all off and reapply.
- Perhaps because it never really absorbs into my skin, it has ZERO substantivity! Forget the "water resistant" claim, just blowing my nose and wiping my mouth during lunch would take it right off!

Verdict: I won't repurchase ever, even with the high protection. Very sad indeed...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by wetmango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is working well so far (4 weeks) no breakout and no irritation like other SS, I can even use it on my eyes without problem. I'm on differin and now taz on nose and forehead and my skin is very pale but much better than before. The tube is very small for the price but since I don't need foundation, concealer or moisturiser it's actually a cheap regimen.
I do wonder how much sunprotection it really gives after a few hours and might try LRP dermo pedriatics just to see how I get on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I was impressed to find my local pharmacy stocking this! They did not have the Lait though. In terms of texture this is very liquid but easy to apply and spread. There is a noticeable white cast at first (though I have to say my skin is medium/light, not pale) but it disappears almost completely in 15 minutes or so. I don't really feel like there is anything on my face once the product has sunk in. It claims to be matte, but isn't, however I can deal with that by applying powder on top. Of course, the fantastic texture means it's not water or even sweat resistant. It's the payoff basically between effectiveness and elegance. This is great for a daily sunscreen, but on the beach I would use something more tenacious like Vichy SPF50 cream. All in all, I'm not sure if I will actually repurchase this as it's very expensive, and the Elta Gold spf45 oil-free is comparable in terms of wearability.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like that this sunscreen is so protective, but it's not the "best" as far as how it feels and looks cosmetically. It can sting occasionally too. It's pricey because you have to order overseas, but I will still repurchase because I use a prescription retinoid and need a very good sunscreen for days when I'm going to be exposed to prolonged direct sunlight. I use US drugstore s/s on my body and also on my face if I'm only going to be outdoors in the morning or late afternoon.
***I am adding to this review because I've been reading some disturbing things about octocrylene, which is an ingredient in this sunscreen that may actually cause damage to your skin and accumulate in your body :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by pocari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Fluide has a lighter texture than the Lait and so feels lighter on the face as well. But it is not any less shiny or whitening than the Lait (my HG), and so for me there is no reason to buy this again. It is a lot more expensive than the Lait - in a pharmacy in Paris, the 40 ml Fluide was about 10 euro and the 100ml Lait was only 12 euro!!