E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

Price: $

on 2/29/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This color is Sooo pretty! A great peachy nude, and I like that it comes in a tube. But this is soooo sticky. It smells amazing though . I would repurchase this, though the stickiness makes me hesitate.

on 1/22/2012 5:32:00 PM

I would DEFINITELY buy this again. its dirt-cheap but you get such good use and quality from it. it doesn't feel sticky, which is a problem with a lot of lip glosses. Also, it has spf 15 in it to protect your lips from the sun while still making your lips look awesome. I have this in more of a watermelon color and I'm in love with it. Its amazing! BUY!

on 12/20/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Color is a gorgeous, perfect pale peachy nude. It's frosted, so if that's a problem for you, just pair it with another l/g or l/s. We all have drawerfuls of products. It will be easy to find something to use with Candlelight. This gloss becomes even more beautiful when mixed. Tube is flimsy and splits where it meets the cap. To avoid this problem, don't twist it tightly to close.

on 12/18/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was so surprised to see the opaque, nude, soft coral and nice formula squeezed out from this tube. It's a TINY bit sticky but I don't mind that, it just makes it last longer. Many liglosses feels greasy on me and feels oily, I hate that feeling. This feels smooth and stays in one place. This nude shade looks perfect to a nice smokey or for a more neutral look. It's a everyday kind of shade perfect for work or even on a night out! Candlelight looks beautiful on top of other lipsticks and on its own. It's the perfect kind of lipgloss I put on when I don't know what I feel like, cause it suits every look.
The scent is very nice and it tastes sweet to that's a true + in my book.
It is a bit on the frosty side, I'm not keen of frosts at all, but this one is actually very subtle and it makes my lips look nice and plump!
I really do love having this in my collection. You get a lot of product and just for the price of 1 dollar!! I got a backup already.
This particular tube had a little plastic bump sticking out right at the hole that scratched my lip. I just took a sharp cutter and took it away and now it's smooth like a dream.
I find that with ELF you always gamble when you buy something, but this one is definitely a hit. I will definitely buy more shades, do doubt!
The value you get for the money is incredible, I can put them in every single bag I got without spending a fortune and I don't have to freak if I lose one.
Love it, love it loooove it!

on 9/29/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hated this lipgloss for two reasons: Unflattering colour and bad packaging. I'm around a NW25, and this nude shimmery colour just washes me out when worn on its own. Certainly not what I hope to look like in (literal) candlelight! Also, I found it painful to use straight from the tube, as the hole through which the gloss is dispensed is not flushed with the rest of the packaging - meaning to say that the edges are raised and sharp - and the first time I tried applying it, I nearly cut my lips right off! Maybe it's just a bad tube, and for such a low price I probably could make do with other application options (using my fingers/a brush), but the colour simply wasn't flattering and these two factors really did put me off using it.
One good point, however, was definitely the SPF 15. But since I already use a high SPF lipbalm (Jackblack/Mac's suntints), this isn't quite necessary...
In all, I probably wouldn't purchase it again, at least not in this colour!

on 9/29/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Yummy scent. Works well and lasts a while. I think the color will flatter most skin tones. Will buy again.

on 8/29/2011 1:20:00 PM

Update: So I'm trying it again and again and it still comes up a grapey, goopy, frosty mess on my lips. I don't know if it's because of my pigmented lips or if I got a dud. I just can't stand this gloss. It's going into the trash today.

This smells like grape medicine/candy. Its texture is thick and strange, like no matter how many times I rub my lips together, the gloss feels like it won't move. I personally like a little slide to my glosses. This is excessively sticky and hard to spread. The color of this is opaque. What you see in the tube is what you're going to have all over your lips. I was hoping for something a little more sheer and nudish, but this turned into a frosty mess on my lips. It looked extremely unnatural. I would not repurchase.

on 8/23/2011 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Well, I liked this product until the top broke off and exploded all over my makeup bag! I loved the way it felt..almost like a lipbalm and the color and the taste were pleasant...but I just can't get past the flimsy packaging!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing lipgloss! You cant beat the 1$ price for the quality of this gloss. It has a nice peachy nude hue and has a subtle shimmer too it that makes it very wearable. It has a grape-candy scent to it. The gloss is kind of thick and its easy to squeeze too much out and end up with sticky lips. Its also very moisturizing. I will definitely be buying this over some higher end brands from now on

on 8/22/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This shade is peachy nude, shimmery, lovely. I love these tube lip glosses because they give you so much control when applying. The shimmer is not so intense that it's inappropriate for day, it just gives a very glowy, pearlescent effect to the lips. Tastes delicious and smells delicious.

Recommended for Medium Skin