October 25, 2014 | 1778 users online

Powder - Yves Saint Laurent - Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by AGreen786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried so many pressed powders and kept reverting back to loose powders every time. My favorite was the Giorgio Armani loose powder because it gave a hint of shimmer and kept me shine-free for most of the day.

However, my constant need to buy new make-up for absolutely no reason lead me to trying the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder, and I have to say I love it. I have actually been so happy with everything YSL is coming out with recently like the felt-tip eye-liner (LOVE it.)
I think I must be one of the top customers on Zumali with the amount of time I spend browsing/buying new products lol But the powder is great -- it's lightweight, and the finish is exactly as described, Matte AND Radiant. Definitely recommend this one!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by rkim58

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SUPERB QUALITY

the golden packaging is cute too but i lost my black velvet pouch case it came with so it's got scratches and everything all over it but other than that little thing just to me, the quality of this powder is great. silky, smooth, light, great coverage.
i have combo skin. so i have dry patches and also i get oily in areas of my face.

i would always use this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by iiheartshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is expensive but soooo worth it. It is very soft and ultra fine. It kept my skin shine free for most part of the day. What was so nice about this, is that it gives beautiful, smooth coverage without caking up or looking unnatural. The packaging is very pretty too. Will def be buying this again,

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i am now using the second compact already. at first i didnt like it since it is hard to pick up. but the finish is so right and soft that i couldn't give it up. one day i accidentally broke it and it shethered. then it was such a dream to apply.i was using ti every single day since then. being hard to pick up is the common problem i have with all pressed powder, this included. if you can find the right brush, go for it. it is such a silky finish that it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lolasaysyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is not only beautiful in the compact, but looks absolutely beautiful on.

I have used YSL's Golden Gloss and Touche éclat, but I wasn't overwhelmed by either. Unfortunately YSL's shade selection in general is a little strange for me, and the Sephora I visited was always out, so I didn't have a lot of choices in selecting a shade.

However, every time I tried the tester, I fell in love. The texture was the smoothest I have ever felt, even when applied with a sponge. The mattifying power was also amazing and stayed matte for hours despite my extremely oily skin.

So, I bought shade 02, which is just a little light for my light-med warm skin with yellow undertones. However I apply it with a brush and it goes on nice and sheer over Bare Minerals matte, liquid foundation, or tinted moisturizer. It looks amazing and makes my skin look airbrushed.

Even though the price is high, the quality and texture are worth it. It is also slightly larger than other powders I have bought in the past for the same price-- check the product weight, it's not bad. Another sign that this is a quality product-- it stays intact and leaves very little stray dust when swiped by a brush. So, you're not wasting excess powder during the application either.
Though it's definitely not cheap, consider it an investment in your appearance. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for the perfect powder with excellent oil control and an airbrushed finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This my very first powder and it is fantastic. Over the summer I got used to the skin perfecting properties of my bronzer so I went in search of a regular pressed powder that would keep me polished through the winter as well. I read reviews for many different powders on Sephora's site (since MUA didn't have that many reviews for HE powders), and decided to get either this or Chanel. I went to Murale and tested YSL against Chanel's pressed powder and YSL won me over with its smoother and creamier texture. I threw the pouch and applicator aside and I use a fluffy powder brush to lightly dust this on my face and it somehow manages to blur all my pores and make my skin look air-brushed (fyi I have very clear skin and I don't use any foundation or TM). You can't see or feel it on the skin; instead it makes your skin look naturally smooth and perfect. The effect lasts all day without touch ups, although I do bring it with me for the mirror. This is such an elegant and effective product. I definitely would buy again. (This was $67 Cdn, tx incl., lol!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by suekim91

i LOVE this powder!!! it has very natural coverage. i use it to either set my foundation, touch up throughout the day, and sometimes i even use it alone when im in a rush to even out my skin tone. the powder doesnt settle into my pores and controls my oil production well. also, this powder smells divine!!! i have never used a powder this aromatically pleasant before! the packaging is very fancy but i dont like the fact that the powder puff has to be stored separately in the velvet pouch if i wanna use it.. but other than that, great powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is phenomenal. I purchased this based on a recommendation from a friend and i am so glad that i did.
First off it smells amazing, it's finely milled, lightweight , mattifies like a dream yet it still leaves your skin natural looking and flawless. I usually set my foundation with this and it lasts me for 7hours + depending on the season. The compact is gorgeous and comes in a black velvet pouch with a sponge. This retails for $45.50 + TAX and yes i know, its very pricey but its now my HG and i cant imagine my life without it ;D, plus it lasts a really long time . I'm a Mac NC 25-30 and i use #4 and #5 . they both complement my skin tone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I really like the look and feel of this powder. It doesn't give you a mask/too matte appearance...it looks very natural. I dust this over top of YSL matte touch and it lasts 10+ hours without fading. I have a little shine because this isnt the most absorbing powder. But being matte all day is not natural and being greasy looking isnt either...so this is some where right in the middle but leaning more towards matte. Oh, and I absolutely ADORE the velvet pouch and heart carving.... Another fine product from YSL....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

This was the first high end powder i've ever bought, and definitely the most expensive item in my make up bag at £30 ($50). i'm still not entirely sure why i bought it since it isnt in my habit to spend so much on a make up item. i was a little frustrated with the rather cheap powder i had been using, which i felt left my skin a little chalky and did very little to set my foundation and control shine. i found myself in a fancy department store browsing, a SA cornered me and next thing i know i've just spent £30 on a tiny powder compact! oh well. first things first, the packaging. i adore the gold compact this comes in, its so elegant, and it has a decent mirror inside, and i know this is totally superficial and possibly quite ditzy sounding but i do love the heart imprinted in the powder itself. the powder puff is of excellent quality too, but i don't like how it doesnt fit inside the compact. the whole package came in a little black velveteen slip, so i've assumed the puff is supposed to be stored in that? its not exactly convenient, especially if you want to put this in your purse. The powder itself is lovely. i use it once a day in the morning, since i prefer to touch up with blotting sheets. it goes on very smoothly, and looks so natural - no caking, or the appearance that ive dusted myself with flour! it makes my skin look velvety, and matte, but slightly dewy. just the effect i was looking for. it doesnt keep my skin perfectly matte all day, but it does a great job of 'sealing' in my foundation. is it worth the money? IMO no makeup item is truly worth 30 pounds, but i might buy it again someday because im pretty impressed overall.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No