Yves Saint Laurent Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder

4.6

on 1/11/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definately the best powder I've ever used! Totally felt in love with it. I have the YSL Teint Radiance foundation, nr.4. It's matches very good with my skin tone, but the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder nr.4 gives a lillte bit darked tone to it, looking perfectly natural. It is not chalky, it just makes your face skin looks gorgeous like it's been photoshop-ed. The price is high, but worth it. Recommend and would buy it again.

on 10/17/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Matt and radiant is a very elegant powder. I have fair neutral skin and got 1 ''Natural light''
First of all the packaging is very luxurious and relatively slick.
The velvet pouch is separated in two (one for the powder and one for the applicator) Interesting but not very practical. The shiny gold case with the YSL logo is too flashy for my liking and attracts fingerprints like a magnet.
Contains 10gr of powder.

The actual powder has a pretty print of a heart with writing ''Yves Saint Laurent''.
The color I chose is neutral and nearly off-white.
Very finely milled, feels almost creamy to touch, and gives a velvety look to the face. I don't find the finish radiant, it's rather matte but not flat, sets foundation beautifully.
Doesn't cake and evens out the skin tone. Oil control is minimal. I believe it would be great for normal to dry skin.
I like the provided finish and the feel of the powder and use it for touchups. But oil control is important to me and it is quite pricey so I'll try something else next time!

Edit: After using this powder for a month I am thrilled. The lightest shade makes my face look so radiant it's hard to explain. I apply my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 1) and it looks fine although a tiny bit dark. But if I add this powder and it looks PERFECT, almost angelic, it's like photoshop in a compact since it blurs imperfections nicely.
Still, not really oil controlling, but I'm willing to compromize for that gorgeous finish and bought 2 backups (poor wallet!)

on 10/8/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for 3 years now and it is the best! It lasts really long and my skin is flawless. The only thing is that I dropped it few times and it broke everytime so I had to buy a new one. But I am certainly not changing my powder, at least not the brand, I love YSL´s decorative cosmetics.

on 8/5/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believed I just discovered this product. Maybe I could have saved myself so many days of uneven blotchy looking skin and frumpy pictures if I had this before now. I was looking for a powder foundation because as much as I love the feel and idea of liquid foundation, I have large pores and oily/combo skin and truly I should use powder foundation because it stays so much longer on my skin. I was using Nars sheer matte before this and although it was decent it was nothing to write home about. This on the other hand--wow. Wow! I was at Sephora looking around for a powder foundation--I've tried the tarte pressed powder, lancome dual finish, too faced, hourglass, and this time around compared Dior forever pressed powder versus YSL on different sides of my face. The Dior was okay but looked like it was sitting on my face, kind of brought out all the tiny hairs and gave a visibly powdery look. Its coverage was nice though. On to this powder--so so natural looking like a naturally flawless canvas. No powdery look. It only comes in three colors (as far as I could see at Sephora at least) but I'm so glad the third one matched my skin. I am LOVING this. I applied it on top of my korres quercetin lotion (new fave) with the bare ess buff n go brush (this is also a godsend quite frankly, fits in the makeup bag and is so easy to apply powder with this). The finish was flawless. Not cakey, powdery, just natural and flawless. It minimzed my pores, gave me a really great natural color (finally matching my pink based face to my olive based neck yay) and just looked fantastic. To top it off I wore it out to dinner the rest of the night after that one application (no setting powder or spray even) and it lasted a good 4+ hours in humid sticky nasty north carolina weather. This is SUCH a keeper and I'm so glad I found it. The case is a little bulky and it does take up space in my now bursting-at-the-seams makeup bag, but it is golden and so easy to find in the dark depths of the makeup bag. It comes with a little soft sponge which I might use to buff out areas like around my nose but otherwise I am applying this with the bare ess buff n go brush. Overall I am super pleased with this. My skin can be quite sensitive but no breakouts so far. It looks amazing in daylight as well as at night. Honestly one buff of this over my chin covered all the little red spots from recent battles with pimples. I'm sooooo glad I stumbled across this. Best powder I've ever used. hands down. May be a little expensive but its SO WORTH IT!!! Try it, I'd be very surprised if you didn't like it!

on 7/2/2012 10:32:00 PM

I have tried so many pressed powders and kept reverting back to loose powders every time. My favorite was the Giorgio Armani loose powder because it gave a hint of shimmer and kept me shine-free for most of the day.

However, my constant need to buy new make-up for absolutely no reason lead me to trying the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder, and I have to say I love it. I have actually been so happy with everything YSL is coming out with recently like the felt-tip eye-liner (LOVE it.)
I think I must be one of the top customers on Zumali with the amount of time I spend browsing/buying new products lol But the powder is great -- it's lightweight, and the finish is exactly as described, Matte AND Radiant. Definitely recommend this one!

on 7/2/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SUPERB QUALITY

the golden packaging is cute too but i lost my black velvet pouch case it came with so it's got scratches and everything all over it but other than that little thing just to me, the quality of this powder is great. silky, smooth, light, great coverage.
i have combo skin. so i have dry patches and also i get oily in areas of my face.

i would always use this powder.

This powder is expensive but soooo worth it. It is very soft and ultra fine. It kept my skin shine free for most part of the day. What was so nice about this, is that it gives beautiful, smooth coverage without caking up or looking unnatural. The packaging is very pretty too. Will def be buying this again,

on 2/3/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i am now using the second compact already. at first i didnt like it since it is hard to pick up. but the finish is so right and soft that i couldn't give it up. one day i accidentally broke it and it shethered. then it was such a dream to apply.i was using ti every single day since then. being hard to pick up is the common problem i have with all pressed powder, this included. if you can find the right brush, go for it. it is such a silky finish that it provides.

on 2/2/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is not only beautiful in the compact, but looks absolutely beautiful on.

I have used YSL's Golden Gloss and Touche éclat, but I wasn't overwhelmed by either. Unfortunately YSL's shade selection in general is a little strange for me, and the Sephora I visited was always out, so I didn't have a lot of choices in selecting a shade.

However, every time I tried the tester, I fell in love. The texture was the smoothest I have ever felt, even when applied with a sponge. The mattifying power was also amazing and stayed matte for hours despite my extremely oily skin.

So, I bought shade 02, which is just a little light for my light-med warm skin with yellow undertones. However I apply it with a brush and it goes on nice and sheer over Bare Minerals matte, liquid foundation, or tinted moisturizer. It looks amazing and makes my skin look airbrushed.

Even though the price is high, the quality and texture are worth it. It is also slightly larger than other powders I have bought in the past for the same price-- check the product weight, it's not bad. Another sign that this is a quality product-- it stays intact and leaves very little stray dust when swiped by a brush. So, you're not wasting excess powder during the application either.
Though it's definitely not cheap, consider it an investment in your appearance. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for the perfect powder with excellent oil control and an airbrushed finish.

on 9/27/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This my very first powder and it is fantastic. Over the summer I got used to the skin perfecting properties of my bronzer so I went in search of a regular pressed powder that would keep me polished through the winter as well. I read reviews for many different powders on Sephora's site (since MUA didn't have that many reviews for HE powders), and decided to get either this or Chanel. I went to Murale and tested YSL against Chanel's pressed powder and YSL won me over with its smoother and creamier texture. I threw the pouch and applicator aside and I use a fluffy powder brush to lightly dust this on my face and it somehow manages to blur all my pores and make my skin look air-brushed (fyi I have very clear skin and I don't use any foundation or TM). You can't see or feel it on the skin; instead it makes your skin look naturally smooth and perfect. The effect lasts all day without touch ups, although I do bring it with me for the mirror. This is such an elegant and effective product. I definitely would buy again. (This was $67 Cdn, tx incl., lol!)